Page 61 of 110 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    yeah they really need to get those unplugged and unlimiteds in there….
    I have most of the Fantastic Four Unlimited that I picked up in the back issue bins and Fantastic Four Unplugged 1 and 2. They could make a TPB of those since IIRC they deal with that interval after Reed and Doom "died" in FF #381. I know one of the stories in FF Unplugged deals with the reading of Reed's will.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Per interviews by former FF writer Jonathan Hickman:

“I think it’s pretty common knowledge at this point that Marvel isn’t publishing Fantastic Four because of their disagreement with Fox. While it bums me out, I completely understand because, well, it isn’t like they’re not acting out of cause. Fox needs to do a better job there.”

This was from Newsarama but if you want to go to the original article the URL has changed since it was purchased by GamesRadar. The Wayback Machine did archive it.

https://web.archive.org/web/20170804...art-again.html
    They didn't just change the url, they wiped the archive. We shouldn't have to rely on the Wayback Machine.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They didn't just change the url, they wiped the archive. We shouldn't have to rely on the Wayback Machine.
    Yeah, I hate that. There were some columns by Warren Ellis a while back here at CBR when Jonah owned the site. I haven't had much luck finding them.

Huh? Unlike Newsarama, CBR's archive should be intact - though formatting is a bit screwed up on articles that predate the current site design.

EDIT: I think I found them!
    https://www.cbr.com/author/warren_ellis/
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-21-2021 at 10:50 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I've been reading the Planet Size X-Men spoilers thread since last week and found that (spoilers even though it is a week old):
    spoilers:
    Krakoans now call Franklin a Pretender too, just like Wanda (who just like him also has a link with Agatha). Apparently Magneto even denounced him.
    end of spoilers
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Fantastic Four: Life Story #2 was from Sue's perspective, but the focus was still Reed and his thing. This is a problem I've had in the FF in general as this is often the case and does a disservice to the character. I also detest the ending of this issue.

Only one moment I enjoyed involving a certain weapon, other than that I'm disappointed. I'm tired of FF stories that all about Reed with the others as supporting cast.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I've been reading the Planet Size X-Men spoilers thread since last week and found that (spoilers even though it is a week old):
    spoilers:
    Krakoans now call Franklin a Pretender too, just like Wanda (who just like him also has a link with Agatha). Apparently Magneto even denounced him.
    end of spoilers
    I would say this sounds like they're building up some sort of war between the mutant and all other factions. the only way to keep their poor persecution complex going. Manufacturing and retconning to stay relevant or advance certain notions.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Mighty Member

Fantastic four life storiy #2 was really mediocre. Worse than the first. All the characters are uni-dimensional, especially the villains: it was one of the worse Doctor Doom that I have seen since a long time. When you compare with the spider-man life story or the X-men , it's sad, because the FF was perfect for this kind of story. But it was not the riight writer and not the right artist for this kind of project. It needed a Kurt Busiek/Samnee.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Huh? Unlike Newsarama, CBR's archive should be intact - though formatting is a bit screwed up on articles that predate the current site design.

EDIT: I think I found them!
    https://www.cbr.com/author/warren_ellis/
    Thanks! I wonder why I couldn't find them before? must have done something wrong

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

September 2021 solicits.

DARK AGES #1 (OF 6)
    TOM TAYLOR (W) • IBAN COELLO (A/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY INHYUK LEE
    VARIANT COVER BY FRANCIS MANAPUL
    VARIANT COVER BY RYAN STEGMAN
    STORMBREAKERS VARIANT COVER BY PATRICK GLEASON
    VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
    BLACK BLANK VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE
    This is what the Watcher has been watching for!
    A danger older than the Earth threatens everything. For once, the heroes who have saved the planet so many times are almost powerless in the face of it.
    X-Men and Avengers assemble. Spider-People and Fantastic Four come together. Heroes for Hire fight alongside Champions.
    None of it will be enough.
    The lights are about to go out.
    The world outside our window...is about to end.
    An all-new saga of the Marvel Universe as you’ve never seen it before from Tom Taylor and Iban Coello!
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

FANTASTIC FOUR: LIFE STORY #4 (OF 6)
    MARK RUSSELL (W) • SEAN IZAAKSE (A)
    Cover by Cover by DANIEL ACUÑA
    Variant Cover by Phil Noto
    Against the backdrop of the freewheeling 1990s, Ben Grimm reflects on love and loss as the Fantastic Four prepare to do battle against Galactus.
    40 PGS./Rated T …$4.99

FANTASTIC FOUR #36
    DAN SLOTT (W) • NICO LEON (A) • Cover by MARK BROOKS
    Variant Cover by Nick Bradshaw
    Miles Morales: Spider-Man 10th ANNIVERSARY Variant Cover by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN
    WRAPAROUND FLAME VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE

“Unstable”
    The fallout from THE BRIDE OF DOOM and DEATH IN 4 DIMENSIONS can still be felt!
    And now the 60th anniversary of the Fantastic Four has led to THIS!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Two Johnny Storm solo covers! This is a biggie.

SHANG-CHI #4
    GENE LUEN YANG (W) • DIKE RUAN (A) • Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    Variant Cover by MICHAEL CHO
    Miles Morales: Spider-Man 10th ANNIVERSARY
    Variant Cover by TAURIN CLARKE
    SHANG-CHI VS. THE FANTASTIC FOUR!
    Someone has been sending Shang-Chi strange messages in his dreams…
    …and the messages seem to be coming from the Negative Zone!
    But who is sending him these messages? And what do they mean?
    And why are the Fantastic Four standing in his way?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

FANTASTIC FOUR VOL. 8: THE BRIDE OF DOOM TPB
    Written by DAN SLOTT & MARK WAID
    Penciled by R.B. SILVA, JAVIER RODRÍGUEZ, JOHN ROMITA JR., PAUL RENAUD & JASON LOO
    Cover by MARK BROOKS
    Rules of engagement! The Human Torch’s love life is changed forever when he must choose between his soulmate Sky and his ex-wife Lyja — but wait, is Crystal back in town? Speaking of romance, an old enemy is about to take a momentous step. You are cordially commanded to Latveria for the royal wedding — of Doctor Doom! But why is Mister Fantastic acting as best man? And how will the groom’s actions profoundly change one member of Marvel’s First Family? Plus: Reed and Ben explore a bizarre new realm — and Kang’s entire bloodline is out to destroy every era of the Fantastic Four! How can Reed, Sue, Ben and Johnny hope to survive simultaneous attacks across their lifetimes by Rama-Tut, the Scarlet Centurion, Kang the Conqueror and the sinister Scion?! Collecting FANTASTIC FOUR (2018) #31-35.
    184 PGS./Rated T …$19.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92049-4
    Trim size: 6-5/8 x 10-3/16

FANTASTIC FOUR EPIC COLLECTION: THIS FLAME, THIS FURY TPB
    Volume #22 in the Fantastic Four Epic Collections
    Written by TOM DEFALCO, PAUL RYAN, MARK GRUENWALD & MORE
    Penciled by PAUL RYAN, HERB TRIMPE & MORE
    Cover by PAUL RYAN
    From the Inniverse to INFINITY WAR! When interdimensional warlord Occulus targets Sue and Franklin, what strange change will Franklin undergo? Then, as the Magus unleashes his army of twisted doppelgangers on Earth and the foursome battle their evil duplicates, the Invisible Woman must face the dark side of her psyche: Malice! The Human Torch panics when ambushed by a cabal of cosmic villains and does the unthinkable! Johnny Storm’s plight as a fugitive from justice brings the “new Fantastic Four” out of the woodwork, and the Thing’s battle with Wolverine will leave long-lasting — and very literal — scars! And when Uatu summons our heroes to the moon, what has forced the Watcher to break his vow of non-interference? What else…but Doom?! Collecting FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #362-376 and ANNUAL #25-26, and ADVENTURES OF THE THING #3.
    496 PGS./Rated T …$44.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-93236-7

And two TPB's/HC's that include the FF:

X-MEN EPIC COLLECTION: I, MAGNETO TPB
    Volume #8 in the X-Men Epic Collections
    Written by CHRIS CLAREMONT with JO DUFFY & BOB LAYTON
    Penciled by DAVE COCKRUM & MICHAEL GOLDEN with BRENT ANDERSON, PAUL SMITH, JIM SHERMAN, BOB MCLEOD, JOHN BUSCEMA & GEORGE PÉREZ
    Cover by DAVE COCKRUM
    Chris Claremont reunites with Dave Cockrum for another run of X-Men classics! And they’re putting the all-new, all-different mutants they made famous into an action-packed pressure cooker through Arcade, Doctor Doom and Garokk that blows its top with the return of Magneto in an anniversary extravaganza! Next, it’s the immortal “Kitty’s Fairy Tale,” a storybook fantasy with a twist! Brent Anderson draws a double-sized annual teaming the X-Men with the Fantastic Four against the barbarian Arkon! And just because we love ya, we’re including the iconic first appearance of Rogue — as she and her fellow Evil Mutants battle the Avengers! Also featuring guest-appearances by Spider-Woman and Dazzler, a fan-favorite Savage Land saga and three truly bizarre X-Men rarities! Collecting UNCANNY X-MEN (1981) #144-153, X-MEN ANNUAL (1970) #5, AVENGERS ANNUAL #10, BIZARRE ADVENTURES #27 and material from MARVEL FANFARE (1982) #1-4.
    480 PGS./Rated T …$39.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92952-7

X-MEN/AVENGERS: ONSLAUGHT OMNIBUS HC
    CHURCHILL COVER (NEW PRINTING)
    Written by JEPH LOEB, SCOTT LOBDELL, TERRY KAVANAGH, MARK WAID, LARRY HAMA, TOM DEFALCO, PETER DAVID, HOWARD MACKIE, JOHN OSTRANDER & BILL MESSNER-LOEBS
    Penciled by IAN CHURCHILL, BERNARD CHANG, PASQUAL FERRY, JOE MADUREIRA, ADAM POLLINA, ANTHONY CASTRILLO, STEVE SKROCE, VAL SEMEIKS, ANDY KUBERT, STEVE EPTING, MIKE S. MILLER, ADAM KUBERT, JOE BENNETT, RANDY GREEN, MIKE DEODATO JR., CARLOS PACHECO, ANGEL MEDINA, JEFF MATSUDA, STEFANO RAFFAELE, MARK BAGLEY, JOHN ROMITA JR., JOSH HOOD & TOM LYLE
    Covers by IAN CHURCHILL & STEVE GEIGER
    Onslaught is here! The fury of Magneto plus the psionic might of Charles Xavier equals bad news for the Marvel Universe! Now discover how this mental monster came to be — and the full extent of the havoc he wreaked on the X-Men, the Avengers and pretty much everybody else! As the truth slowly dawns about the nature of the evil they face, how much are Marvel’s greatest heroes prepared to sacrifice to save the world? Collecting CABLE (1993) #32-36, UNCANNY X-MEN (1981) #333-337, X-FORCE (1991) #55 and #57-58, X-MAN #15-19, X-MEN (1991) #53-57 and ANNUAL ’96, X-MEN UNLIMITED (1993) #11, ONSLAUGHT: X-MEN, MARVEL UNIVERSE and EPILOGUE, AVENGERS (1963) #401-402, FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #415, INCREDIBLE HULK (1968) #444-445, WOLVERINE (1988) #104-105, X-FACTOR (1986) #125-126, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #415, GREEN GOBLIN #12, SPIDER-MAN (1990) #72, IRON MAN (1968) #332, PUNISHER (1995) #11, THOR (1966) #502, X-MEN: ROAD TO ONSLAUGHT and material from EXCALIBUR (1988) #100 and FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #416.
    1296 PGS./Rated T …$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-93161-2
    Trim size: 7-1/4 x 10-7/8
    X-MEN/AVENGERS: ONSLAUGHT OMNIBUS HC GEIGER COVER [NEW PRINTING, DM ONLY]
    1296 PGS./Rated T …$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-93162-9
    Trim size: 7-1/4 x 10-7/8

Other covers can be found here: https://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-so...eptember-2021/
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Seems Johnny's change is him being aflame all the time like some guessed or some other thing to do with his powers.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Thanks! I wonder why I couldn't find them before? must have done something wrong
    Because you can't search by author. Searching for Warren Ellis doesn't work, but I noticed the url formatting on the article author links, and just clicked a random one and then changed the name to warren_ellis, and it worked, more than 50 articles from over a decade ago came up.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Seems Johnny's change is him being aflame all the time like some guessed or some other thing to do with his powers.
    I dub thee "Raging Human Torch."

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    In the previews book on comixology the title of the book is "Unstable", seems like his powers go haywire. Like he can't turn them off or they go out without a warning. Can't say it's a new idea but it has potential for character growth

Also "DEATH IN 4 DIMENSIONS" must be the Kang story from the Anniversary special. I wonder how that fits in with the current Doom arc

Mighty Member

So Johnny's powers change and forces him to constantly be on fire all the time as if he was the original Android Human Torch.

Oh, there's an easy solution to this. Just find Professor Horton. It's a good thing he knows a good relative of Horton by the name of Frankie Raye.