Page 72 of 110 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1641

hunh, has Storm and Wolvie apparently though... hmm....

Slott will write an additional story why Iceman was left out from the cover.

Just think: in 25 years time, fans will be pining away for the new Fantastic Four to bring back underused characters such as Skye and Victorious
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Just think: in 25 years time, fans will be pining away for the new Fantastic Four to bring back underused characters such as Skye and Victorious
    It is truly interesting to look upon the present and contemplate what future fans will think of this era. Not just Slott's FF, but really most any run.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    Slott will write an additional story why Iceman was left out from the cover.
    Just don't give him ideas... He will build a whole arc on this.

BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    Just don't give him ideas... He will build a whole arc on this.

It doesn't matter. His arcs don't really last long anyway. I think the longest arc this run has been 3 issues?
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

You know, one of these days we’ll get a verse where Sue leaves Namor for Reed

Dan Slott's run is its ups and downs for me.
    I really like the first arc, when Dan returned not just F4, but the whole F4, an extended family together. I really love the wedding issue, I love his little standalone tales, and his big stories, which are really all about what F4 should be - Point of Origin was great (and would be even better if it weren't for the unnecessary retcon), Empyre was good and Forever Gate was an epic with many great moments.
    And I really like the way Dan writes to Reed, Ben, Alicia, I like Ben and Alicia children, I like the spirit of family and great adventures.
    But I absolutely do not like the way Dan writes Johnny and Sue, both of his stories about Doctor Doom are a regression, and Bride of Doom is possibly the worst story of F4, which I've read in a long, long time.
    Basically, Dan is very old-school in character portrayal and story planning - it's both good and bad, but when it's bad it's terrible.
    Dan Slott is anti-Hickman, lacking a plan, lacking relevance and modernity, big, exciting ideas and the ability to find a balance in the attention to each characters.
    He adds new characters and doesn't seem to know what to do with them at all.
    There are a lot of problems in this run that need to be solved, but they only accumulate like a snowball.
    I'm still reading because I'm a F4 fan and I'm sure the next anniversary issue will be great, but I can't turn a blind eye to the bad.
    Last edited by CitizenXXX; 08-07-2021 at 03:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenXXX View Post
    Dan Slott's run is its ups and downs for me.
    I really like the first arc, when Dan returned not just F4, but the whole F4, an extended family together. I really love the wedding issue, I love his little standalone tales, and his big stories, which are really all about what F4 should be - Point of Origin was great (and would be even better if it weren't for the unnecessary retcon), Empyre was good and Forever Gate was an epic with many great moments.
    And I really like the way Dan writes to Reed, Ben, Alicia, I like Ben and Alicia children, I like the spirit of family and great adventures.
    But I absolutely do not like the way Dan writes Johnny and Sue, both of his stories about Doctor Doom are a regression, and Bride of Doom is possibly the worst story of F4, which I've read in a long, long time.
    Basically, Dan is very old-school in character portrayal and story planning - it's both good and bad, but when it's bad it's terrible.
    Dan Slott is anti-Hickman, lacking a plan, lacking relevance and modernity, big, exciting ideas and the ability to find a balance in the attention to each characters.
    He adds new characters and doesn't seem to know what to do with them at all.
    There are a lot of problems in this run that need to be solved, but they only accumulate like a snowball.
    I'm still reading because I'm a F4 fan and I'm sure the next anniversary issue will be great, but I can't turn a blind eye to the bad.
    There are considerable anti-Slott feelings in this thread. I'm not just speculating when I say Slott is rely more heavily on family than previous writers. I love that about his run. The FF has been that for decades and it's only recently when other franchises such as Sopranos and Breaking Bad have done the same thing and been critically acclaimed for it.

Victorious is a nice addition to the franchise. She's powerful, smart, and has her own point of view even if it often goes along with Doom's.

But Sue, Johnny, and Doom have been retrograded. Sue's been brought back to the levels that would fit in better in Johnny's solo Strange Tales run. As has Johnny.

Don't worry about well-thought out negative reactions. We all love the FF here and I am here for those points on which I and other fans disagree.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    You know, one of these days we’ll get a verse where Sue leaves Namor for Reed
    I mean, I'll settle for a verse where Sue stays with Reed and is not attracted to Namor.
    I mean it's pretty creepy, I don't usually care about "PC culture"(Is that the right term?) stuff but Namor goes way too far.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I just want writers to stop it with Namor and Sue. It's over and been over for a long time and I don't like it when writers still go through the same exercise of Namor hitting on her and Sue rejecting him. A ally/friend should just be the extent of it

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I just want writers to stop it with Namor and Sue. It's over and been over for a long time and I don't like it when writers still go through the same exercise of Namor hitting on her and Sue rejecting him. A ally/friend should just be the extent of it
    I disagree here. Although there is no way Sue would ever say yes, a man will sometimes continuing flirting even if he realizes there is no real hope. Or if there is no real hope. I' was married for well over 30 years and still flirted with her college roommates. Obviously nothing was going to happen, but it could happen. I also think Namor could be doing it to tease. As long as there is no real expectation of reciprocation, it can be a useful example of their relationship.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I disagree here. Although there is no way Sue would ever say yes, a man will sometimes continuing flirting even if he realizes there is no real hope. Or if there is no real hope. I' was married for well over 30 years and still flirted with her college roommates. Obviously nothing was going to happen, but it could happen. I also think Namor could be doing it to tease. As long as there is no real expectation of reciprocation, it can be a useful example of their relationship.
    In that context, I can accept that but I'm not sure if that is what the writers are doing at times. I think if he is teasing her they need to write a better response for Sue and have her go along with his teasing her and not get angry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    In that context, I can accept that but I'm not sure if that is what the writers are doing at times. I think if he is teasing her they need to write a better response for Sue and have her go along with his teasing her and not get angry about it.
    I agree with this. We're left to assume what I see in the flirting is the case. I doubt any of these scenes are written on the level where that could be assumed by most readers. We are seeing more and more television and movies where we need to assume what is being said isn't the case, but those generally tend to be deeper more complicated stories. Comics, at least the big 2 superhero stuff, tend to need to explain everything.