Page 73 of 110 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1641
    Spectacular Member

The Namor - Sue thing will never stop, just like Doom will never be redeemed. There are things that are backed in the characters that will never change. Just like Batman will never clean up Gotham and the mutants will never be accepted by Humanity.

The concept of growth in comics is really hilarious, it's really only additive. Batman can get countless sidekicks, we get new mutants every week it seems, the FF can expand but at the core nothing will never fundamentally change.

At some point you just realize that these characters existed decades before you were born and they will exist almost unchanged decades after your death.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrap View Post
    The Namor - Sue thing will never stop, just like Doom will never be redeemed. There are things that are backed in the characters that will never change. Just like Batman will never clean up Gotham and the mutants will never be accepted by Humanity.

The concept of growth in comics is really hilarious, it's really only additive. Batman can get countless sidekicks, we get new mutants every week it seems, the FF can expand but at the core nothing will never fundamentally change.

At some point you just realize that these characters existed decades before you were born and they will exist almost unchanged decades after your death.
    Yeah, sucks.I mean atleast they didn't make them worse like spidey. although Spencer is fixing that , beyond will destroy that.
    Oh well, atleast the stories can be well-written

For me it's the disrespect. Namor should not be able to disrespect Sue's husband and her choices with her saying nothing, it doesn't fit the character. She should call him out every time and shut it down.

Hickman did it right in terms of their relationship, Namor still flirted but Sue showed zero interest and that she has a limit he should not cross.
    Last edited by Crimz; 08-07-2021 at 03:01 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Some writers/creators throw stuff at the book and some of it sticks

with Defalco it was Lyja, and Paibok, mostly. He had quite a few interesting villains that should come back.

I kind of liked Fausad (sic) during Englehart, as well.

I liked Sharon, both ways, but I would like her to be able to shift to She-Thing. Hmmmmmmm

But there have always been characters in and out, whose lives were affectd by the Ff. Pearla, Tigra/Thundra, Namornita, etc.

I know I'm forgetting but it seems more women than men, doesn't it? Now we have Skye and Victorious.

I don't mind them staying in the FF storyline. Victorious has power to stick around and be plot material. Skye needs something else, in my opinion, but ?
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Sue's been brought back to the levels that would fit in better in Johnny's solo Strange Tales run.
    Ouch! But sadly truer than not.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Sue is not attracted to Namor as everyone wants to assume.

Sue is attracted to his nobility and care for the world. As he cares for the sea world, she really is the best expression of "universal type" love.

Certainly it is/can be portrayed as more sensuous but.... that's more on Namor. I'd give it a tumble, LOL
    ~ Oberon ~

Well, I was born in '55 (and am in great shape, btw) so I remember being in the hospital at 8 (1964) and given a Strange Tales from that time to read, which guest starred Sue.
    Years later at 12 I read the Coming of Ronan, v. 1 FF # 64 ? and was hooked. I have probably read every issue from then on, as well as filling many of the gaps. There may be an issue from the first 100 and maybe a couple from the 120s or see that I've never seen.
    Some of the side appearances but not all. Not all the various spinoffs, but some.
    ~ Oberon ~

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

https://twitter.com/javiercaster/sta...60518417100806

August 8, 1961 #FF #fantasticfour

Which means,

HAPPY 60TH NEWSSTAND ANNIVERSARY FANTASTIC FOUR!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Beautiful and I can't wait.
    ~ Oberon ~

Happy 60th to the Fantastic Four!

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Ladies and gentlemen, here we go.

https://www.cbr.com/top-60-fantastic...stories-60-57/

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Belated Happy Anniversary to Marvel's founding family!

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I don't mind them staying in the FF storyline. Victorious has power to stick around and be plot material. Skye needs something else, in my opinion, but ?
    Victorious is definitely a character with potential. We saw a lot from her in the recent Doom series. Her emotional challenges and her loyalty situation is something a writer can make great use of.

As for Skye, she's been very meh in her history so far. I would have her as part of a Spyre plot to spy on the FF but not realizing that is what she's doing as her and Johnny's armbands are fakes only used to transmit info to the planet. When the $#!+ hits the fans and all is revealed, Sky becomes and outcast living on Earth very much like the Surfer was wayyyyy back in the day. With the armbands as obvious fakes, Sky is left to reevaluate her feelings for Johnny. AKA WTF did I ever see in that loser?
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I just want writers to stop it with Namor and Sue. It's over and been over for a long time and I don't like it when writers still go through the same exercise of Namor hitting on her and Sue rejecting him. A ally/friend should just be the extent of it
    To be fair, Life Story is an alternate universe, though she did apparently abandon Franklin when she left Reed.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Happy 60th...