Page 81 of 110 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1641

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...21-2022-reveal

Dan Slott is joined by Carlos Pacheco and Rachael Stott for Marvel Comics’ Fantastic Four: Reckoning War, an epic saga over 15 years in the making. The original secret war of the Marvel Universe has been reignited and every living being in reality is in danger, for we are finally at…Our Day Of Reckoning.
    Guessing this will be what closes out his run.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Keeping my fingers crossed ....

Even though Slott's run on FF has been less than stellar, I'm looking forward to this. He has been building up to Reckoning War since his days on She-Hulk and Avengers Initiative. I really hope he's able to make this work.

I've tried to be positive about Slott, but his handling of bigger stories on FF has been one of his weaker points. A big FF story is something that's almost event level as is and this seems to be another major story with the Watcher and Nick Fury somehow. All seriousness aside, I do want to see Ben and Johnny get their meta reckoning on Uatu for guesting in their last Strange Tales story and pushing them out for Nick Fury's start.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Visually it was perfect. Hairstyle and outfit. Written as a badass more or less, some of that was Malice and how some of those 'tudes stuck or were always there but repressed.

Because Sue is the poster child for repressed women of the previous generations finally flexing their muscles.

I could do without the boob window or have it be semi-translucent, but we're seeing all of the spandex heroes naked, but for some colors.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

I hope that the Reckoning War is about getting rid of Kang/Immortus once and for all. Their obsessive interference with timeliness has led to nothing but mayhem to satisfy their own ego.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    but we're seeing all of the spandex heroes naked, but for some colors.
    That was pretty much the idea. The nude is easier to draw than a clothed person and skin tight costumes allow an artist to whip through some nude figures, add some lines to differentiate color and poof, no worries about wrinkles.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

That would be odd timing considering the importance of Kang in the MCU. So I guess I want to know more about that.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Re-reading Fantastic Four #271 on Unlimited. I want a writer to revisit Reed's house in California, which has his dad's time platform. The FF can vacation there.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Preview for Shang-Chi #4 guest starring the FF.

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/09/03/ma...shang-chi-4-2/

"Four" in various Chinese languages (and Sino-Japanese) is "shi" and a homonym for "death" hence why the number 4 is unlucky.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

My FF appreciation.

So… I’ve been trying to catch up on my FF epic collections. With v22 and 23 coming in the next six months, that means we only have v24 to finish the DeFalco run. Usually there’s around 15 issues per book, with some padding from annuals or other books. V24 would have 393-402, which is only 9 issues. Toss in the two Atlantis Rising books, and it’s still only 11 books. Ok, so add in Fantastic Force #8 (which is oddly called part two yet no other book is named as a part) and #9. FF Unlimited #11 is an aftermath of the crossover, but doesn’t even have the FF appearing, so I doubt they’d include it. You still have only 13 books, though two of them are oversized. It bugs me that none of the Unlimited or Unplugged are getting reprinted during this era. The Unlimiteds were essentially extra quarterly annuals and the Unplugged backup stories.

So my guess for v24 is FF 393-402, FF Atlantis Rising 1-2, Fantastic Force 8-9.

Can anyone else guess what else they could include?

I can't say I have any insights on what they plan to put in those epic collections. I had been concentrating my FF collections with the Masterworks volumes that cover the Lee/Kirby era. Then it gets a bit inconsistent after that with the John Byrne, Walt Simonson and George Perez FF Visionaries, The Overthrow of Doom and the Hickman FF Omnibus #2. But with Marvel Unlimited I'm not as gung ho on buying collections. I am tempted by that Books of Doom omnibus though, even though I have most of the stories in collected volumes.

I have all of the Fantastic Four Unlimited as single issues but I think I only have one or two of the Fantastic Four Unplugged. I know one of them is about Reed's funeral after he and Victor "died" in FF #381.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    My FF appreciation.

I wish Marvel would revisit these pinups that used to appear frequently in the comics. This Kirby one from Annual #5 is a favorite.

And a more rare one by John Byrne that is the only pin up/promo that features Kristoff/Doom that I know of. I got it from eBay a while back and it's actually on cloth.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-06-2021 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Preview for Shang-Chi #4 guest starring the FF.

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/09/03/ma...shang-chi-4-2/

"Four" in various Chinese languages (and Sino-Japanese) is "shi" and a homonym for "death" hence why the number 4 is unlucky.
    Poor HERBIE's...