Page 93 of 110 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1641
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I agree with her powers being similar to Franklin's, both create things out of nothing and are based on imagination. When Franklin gets his powers again I hope it gets explored.

If Val was to get anything I'd like it to be magic like her Uncle Doom. It would be interesting to see how Reed and Sue react to it and deal with it. Plus it opens the team up for some magic based adventures and Agatha could be brought back to teach Val.
    I agree. I think it would be an interesting subplot if Valeria sneaks off to Latveria from time to time to be tutored by her Uncle Doom. I'd like to see a mini series featuring the two of them.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I'm not sure that Val even has "powers" in that preview page. Force fields can be created with technology too, so it seems just as likely that Val was using a tech-based force field rather than suddenly developing those powers out of the blue.
    I suppose that's possible but usually non-super characters like Doom and Tony need their full suits of armor with the tech to produce force fields with enough energy to produce powerful enough force fields.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I suppose that's possible but usually non-super characters like Doom and Tony need their full suits of armor with the tech to produce force fields with enough energy to produce powerful enough force fields.
    There's also the fact Valeria's talking about "feeling" Chthon's energy.

Oh and one of Valeria von Doom's actual powers was... a forcefield.... that looked a lot like that one.

I miss the Future Foundation, I hope the next writer brings them back. They were a natural progression of the FF and gave the team the potential to grow and have their own corner of the Marvel Universe akin to the Avengers and X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I agree. I think it would be an interesting subplot if Valeria sneaks off to Latveria from time to time to be tutored by her Uncle Doom. I'd like to see a mini series featuring the two of them.
    That would be cool.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I'd prefer Valeria NOT get powers. There are reasons for this.

1) There is no way she'd have basic standard typical super-hero powers. They'd be yuge, megawesome, epic forces. And if Reed and Sue produce universe creating kids, they'd be of much more use breeding the next generation of gods.
    2) Val's intelligence as well as her dabbling in magic sets up enough of a skill set. It also adds to the Reed on one shoulder, Victor on the other trope pulling her in separate directions.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I'd prefer Valeria NOT get powers. There are reasons for this.

1) There is no way she'd have basic standard typical super-hero powers. They'd be yuge, megawesome, epic forces. And if Reed and Sue produce universe creating kids, they'd be of much more use breeding the next generation of gods.
    2) Val's intelligence as well as her dabbling in magic sets up enough of a skill set. It also adds to the Reed on one shoulder, Victor on the other trope pulling her in separate directions.
    1: Well she talked about creatign a barrier to block the power of Chthon, and Marvel Girl not only time travelled, but brought her room with her.
    2: Marvel Girl was a genius who built her own power armor.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    1: Well she talked about creatign a barrier to block the power of Chthon, and Marvel Girl not only time travelled, but brought her room with her.
    2: Marvel Girl was a genius who built her own power armor.
    Being a super-genius may allow here to build or create that stuff. Her connections with Doom might also let her throw mystical stuff into the mix. Whatever is going on in the Chthon preview may be just that and not actual super powers. I doubt sudden powers for Val would arise in this series and not in the normal FF book. If they did, it would be a development I'd dislike.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Being a super-genius may allow here to build or create that stuff. Her connections with Doom might also let her throw mystical stuff into the mix. Whatever is going on in the Chthon preview may be just that and not actual super powers. I doubt sudden powers for Val would arise in this series and not in the normal FF book. If they did, it would be a development I'd dislike.
    Well, as Wanda puts it "it was just a dream". But.. of WHEN? 10 years later? more? Valeria looks a lot more like her mother than usual. Is she a teen or older?

Five years later would make sense. Most mutants develop their powers in their teens, and Val's currently around 11.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I wonder now......
    https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/AUG211069
    This seems to be the same version of Valeria. Definitely a teenager if not older. Also.... super powers.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I wonder now......
    https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/AUG211069
    This seems to be the same version of Valeria. Definitely a teenager if not older. Also.... super powers.
    I think that might be Sue. She has what's looks to be age lines on her face.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Has Silva been replaced? Or is he coming back after this current arc? I hope we get him on the regular FF issues during the Reckoning War, with Pacheco on the event book. Two of my favorite FF artists on the same characters at the same time? *drools

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    We have, during Stern's run in Avengers#267-269. Happened before the Masters of Evil besieged Avengers Mansion.

Sooo not to be petty, but Rama Tut, and Centurion weren’t here for this story. I just flipped through these issues, and it only had Kang, Immortus, and the Counsel. Rama was seen in a flashback, but that’s it.

Not FF related, but I’m being cover quoted on next week’s Defenders issue! It’s my first!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I think that might be Sue. She has what's looks to be age lines on her face.
    hmmm let's compare....

Hmmm this is definitely a different costume. Same power visual though. When has Sue worn a T-shirt version of the FF-outfit though? Feels like a Valeria thing to do.