Page 94 of 110 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1641

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    hmmm let's compare....

Hmmm this is definitely a different costume. Same power visual though. When has Sue worn a T-shirt version of the FF-outfit though? Feels like a Valeria thing to do.
    The kid with the spider suit and who looks to be Peter with grey temples screams future version of characters. It's effectively an imaginary story so anything we see is going to be for this story only. As for the blonde in the FF top, I'd put more credence on it being Valeria, given the youthful face.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The kid with the spider suit and who looks to be Peter with grey temples screams future version of characters. It's effectively an imaginary story so anything we see is going to be for this story only. As for the blonde in the FF top, I'd put more credence on it being Valeria, given the youthful face.
    Could we even be seeing the return of Valeria von Doom, since she has the pony tail. Probably a coinky dink but one never knows...

What if they reworked Galactus origin for the MCU? Make him a fallen Watcher that is cursed with the “hunger” because he broke the rule and interfered? I think that would be pretty cool…

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    What if they reworked Galactus origin for the MCU? Make him a fallen Watcher that is cursed with the “hunger” because he broke the rule and interfered? I think that would be pretty cool…
    A lot of people pointed out how Ultron eating a universe in the latest What If reminded them of Galactus.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Could we even be seeing the return of Valeria von Doom, since she has the pony tail. Probably a coinky dink but one never knows...

I think the reason for the pony tail in the first place is to make her visually distinct from Sue. So it just feels natural for them to do it.

Same reason Franklin dyed his hair, isn't it? Makes him distinct from Johnny.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Seems a little much..he interferes so is punished to go around interfering by eating planets?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Seems a little much..he interferes so is punished to go around interfering by eating planets?
    I think the idea is that he did it to himself, and it's something the other watchers not only didn't want but tried to avoid.

I prefer Galctus to be this cosmic force of nature. Natural to the universe but so huge we barely understand him and his motives. Having him being a punished Watcher would needlessly simplify him and make him lose his gravitas. Going from cosmic godlike being to a punished Watcher. Underwhelming.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I prefer Galctus to be this cosmic force of nature. Natural to the universe but so huge we barely understand him and his motives. Having him being a punished Watcher would needlessly simplify him and make him lose his gravitas. Going from cosmic godlike being to a punished Watcher. Underwhelming.
    Galactus has been jobbed out in recent years. I agree with you 100% that the big G needs to get characters all going "holy $#!+" when he's involved. Claremont had a great line written for someone with the Shiar who was describing humans as a species which turned back Galactus ... twice. I have no idea how to go about bringing him back to his former level of perception.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Galactus has been jobbed out in recent years. I agree with you 100% that the big G needs to get characters all going "holy $#!+" when he's involved. Claremont had a great line written for someone with the Shiar who was describing humans as a species which turned back Galactus ... twice. I have no idea how to go about bringing him back to his former level of perception.
    I think they have to go back and emphasize that Galactus was there for the Big Bang, a singular entity of greater importance than the Watchers. Strangley enough, his origin was told in a multi-parter in Kirby and Lee's Thor series not in the FF. Maybe that story needs to be retold again.

I agree with previous posters on Galactus. His true story would present a compelling arc ala Thanos.

The key might be to show it over time, [flashback vignettes, in Eternals, Antman 3 or other places it could make sense: guess it would really be after Kang, so maybe not this way? ] taking in all these factors of how long ago he existed; possible interactions with Kree or Skrulls or Celestials, etc.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

I think film is what would revitalize the character. If the film has him as this force of nature almost impossible to fight and it's popular, then I can see the comics make him a big deal again.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I think film is what would revitalize the character. If the film has him as this force of nature almost impossible to fight and it's popular, then I can see the comics make him a big deal again.
    Yeah, and to do that, they need a proper spectacle where the heroes DON'T actually win. Which means that it can't be Galactus coming to Earth.

Let's just hope it's not another cloud!