Page 99 of 110 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1641
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Iron maiden posted an interview with Byrne that pretty much stated the skrull imposter was not his udea.

Yeah, until Slott and his heavy handed family writing (which I do like), Ben and Alicia were not nearly as important a subplot.

DeFalco has been the only writer who has used Lyja the most. He has a much higher opinion of the character than other writers who have not written her as favorably. One could say that Lyja is DeFalco's pet character.
    That's not so surprising since he created her.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Hmmm the Secret Invasion tie-in was good, and written by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, but it was a mini that left her in the Negative Zone. So didn't do much in the long run.
    And after that Peter David showed her alongside other superheroines (if she should be called that) in She-Hulk: Cosmic Collision; but she's still a Skrull through and through when she whispered to She-Hulk's Skrull partner disguised as a human Jazinda that she recognized her as the wanted daughter of Kl'rt and wasn't above collecting on the bounty to turn her in.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    And after that Peter David showed her alongside other superheroines (if she should be called that) in She-Hulk: Cosmic Collision; but she's still a Skrull through and through when she whispered to She-Hulk's Skrull partner disguised as a human Jazinda that she recognized her as the wanted daughter of Kl'rt and wasn't above collecting on the bounty to turn her in.
    Turn her in to who? Kl'rt? That part of SI ended with Kl'rt knowing where to find her. Maybe if it was the Kree it'd be a problem.

The FF have a second book! Digital only.
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-new-fanta...ur-miniseries/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Cool. I really like the infinity format. The recent Deadpool Invisible Touch is really fun. From the cover I assume this will be about parent stuff?

Edit: Didn't read the plot synopsis. Silly me.
    Last edited by Doom'nGloom; 11-09-2021 at 12:00 PM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Is the interior art better than what I'm seeing here?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Is the interior art better than what I'm seeing here?
    ...Not really.

It's identical. That cover art is actually a panel from the story.

Preview of Anniversary Tribute.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/11/12/ma...ary-tribute-1/

Central City? So the team was originally based in The Flash's hometown?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Central City? So the team was originally based in The Flash's hometown?
    What I do remember is that Reed lived there:

https://www.comixology.com/Fantastic...l-comic/354508

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Has there been any word on if these Infinity comics will ever be printed physically?

I know they push her more as an Avenger but I always felt like She-Hulk fit in the FF4 family of characters better.....unlike the Avengers which takes pretty much anyone to fit in the cohesive and family type of unit of the FF is not as easy and she managed to do it really well.

She-Hulk was and always will be an important part of the Fantastic Four and an irreplaceable member of the F4 extended family.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    Has there been any word on if these Infinity comics will ever be printed physically?
    No word as of yet. Some of the creators have been asked on Twitter and they have said they have not heard anything either.

Just a thought I've been having for a while and the recent Ben book and Deadpool/Sue team-up has kind of cemented it.

I think the Fantastic Four work better apart, as individuals nowadays. As a team things have gotten boring and repetitive. They don't grow and their adventures have the same plot beats and ending - The three buy time for Reed to make some invention to save the day. Rinse and Repeat.

Sue, Johnny, and Ben are all much better when they are away from the team imo.

Ben's personality gets to bounce off of different characters and his solo adventures do more interesting things with the character, like his recent book seems to be doing and Grimm Noir did. I know got married and has kids in the main book, but it feels too easy. Him and Alicia are instantly great parents and supportive spouses, there is no learning curve, no drama. It's milquetoast and boring imo.

Johnny is in his constant cycle of being immature and having to grow up. It's the only story he gets and it does absolutely nothing for the character. However, the times he shows in the Spider-Man he shows a lot of heart that you rarely see in the FF. Also, his brief tenure on the Avengers treated him like an adult. He was also grieving because he thought his family were dead, but that added some interesting introspection for him. Plus he got to interact with characters he doesn't usually get to, like Rogue, and their friendship was really nice.

Sue flourishes when she's away from team. So much so that it's kind of ridiculous. Her solo a couple years ago and the recent Deadpool team-up has done more for the character than the main Fantastic Four has done in literally over a decade. And I don't mean in terms of powers because that is all the character gets, a show of power. I mean actual characterization and developing her personality, something she desperately needs more than another power boost. In the FF book she does emotion labor for the other members and is just used as a tool to either throw a force-field at something or be there emotionally support the others. She isn't treated as her own, fully rounded person.

Reed is the only one who doesn't change much both in and out of the team, which doesn't disprove my point. If he operates the same outside of the team then why should the team stay together if it's holding back the others?

I love the Fantastic Four, but for a while now things haven't been working and this was even before Slott took on the book. I genuinely believe that most of them work a lot better individually. Right now I think they are together mostly due to their history and it's importance rather than it actually working and being the best for the characters.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Sorry for the rant. Needed to get it off my chest.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!