Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    Of those three you mentioned, I would bet Pretty Deadly comes back first. It seems to sell pretty well on Amazon and at my local shop. Plus, I know the creators have said they will be back for more. EGOs and Nowehere Men...not too sure we will see them again.
    Yeah though Pretty Deadly might be a while off, still... DeConnick has Captain Marvel and soon Bitch Planet as monthly duties. Rios meanwhile is still working on her arc of 8House (might just be writing though?), plus cover duties for Hexed. But I'm pretty hopeful we'll see a second arc start/announced before July 2015.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Yeah though Pretty Deadly might be a while off, still... DeConnick has Captain Marvel and soon Bitch Planet as monthly duties. Rios meanwhile is still working on her arc of 8House (might just be writing though?), plus cover duties for Hexed. But I'm pretty hopeful we'll see a second arc start/announced before July 2015.
    Oh yeah, I totally forgot about Bitch Planet. DeConnick has a busy schedule, damn. I'm hopeful we will see more Pretty Deadly soonish, too, though.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about Bitch Planet. DeConnick has a busy schedule, damn. I'm hopeful we will see more Pretty Deadly soonish, too, though.
    It'll be a while and honestly, I don't think this delay will be good for the series if it's pushed back farther. You'll lose people's interest and people will start forgetting about it. Especially bad for a series this overly complicated and with so many moving parts to it with its story.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Purcell View Post
    The best (only) 'Legion of Super-Heroes' comic of 2014. It was rad as hell.
    Well that doesn't help me considering I'm not a fan of the Legion of Super-Heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by ysemaj View Post
    Kinda glad there's no East of West, trying to catch up with trades You going to buy The World book they're releasing in October?
    Kinda thought EoA would be back based on the way the scheduling goes for most of Image's other books. Next week I think issue 15 comes out which to quote the solicit "concludes The Apocalypse: Year One." Then they're taking September off then they're back in October with "The World". Taking November off and then hopefully be back in December with issue 16.

To answer your question, I am getting "The World". It is a Hickman/Dragota done book. I can't get enough of this world and it's characters so I'm looking forward to it. I do wonder based on the description of the solicit if it will include "stock art". Sort of like stock animation of sorts in animes that do recap episodes in the middle of they're 50 episode series. Think pretty much all Gundam series.

"A STAND ALONE, all-encompassing look at the wider world of EAST OF WEST. Part atlas, part encyclopedia, part timeline, and part apocrypha, EAST OF WEST: THE WORLD is the must-have one-shot companion to the spellbinding series.
    NOTE: EAST OF WEST: THE WORLD will contain pivotal plot and character info that will not be in the regular series...so don't miss out!
    The Apocalypse is illuminated in EAST OF WEST: THE WORLD."

Still, I will be getting this. Dragota should be refreshed and ready to go when hopefully the regular book returns in December or God forbid January.
    Last edited by Mjolnir; 08-22-2014 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Purcell View Post
    The best (only) 'Legion of Super-Heroes' comic of 2014. It was rad as hell.
    Just saw a tweet that the trade of the first four issues is being released on the 3rd September... so they might just be taking a break and release the second arc in the new year?

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Kinda thought EoA would be back based on the way the scheduling goes for most of Image's other books. Next week I think issue 15 comes out which to quote the solicit "concludes The Apocalypse: Year One." Then they're taking September off then they're back in October with "The World". Taking November off and then hopefully be back in December with issue 16.

To answer your question, I am getting "The World". It is a Hickman/Dragota done book. I can't get enough of this world and it's characters so I'm looking forward to it. I do wonder based on the description of the solicit if it will include "stock art". Sort of like stock animation of sorts in animes that do recap episodes in the middle of they're 50 episode series. Think pretty much all Gundam series.

"A STAND ALONE, all-encompassing look at the wider world of EAST OF WEST. Part atlas, part encyclopedia, part timeline, and part apocrypha, EAST OF WEST: THE WORLD is the must-have one-shot companion to the spellbinding series.
    NOTE: EAST OF WEST: THE WORLD will contain pivotal plot and character info that will not be in the regular series...so don't miss out!
    The Apocalypse is illuminated in EAST OF WEST: THE WORLD."

Still, I will be getting this. Dragota should be refreshed and ready to go when hopefully the regular book returns in December or God forbid January.
    Ah okay. I'm gonna wait for the third trade to come out because I've really slacked on picking up the issues of it... Then I should be in time for issue 16 to come out

Yes! I love the characters, some of the most memorable I've read in a long while! I would kinda think they would have wanted to release "The World" when they wrap the whole thing up, because surely they would want to add information that they may not have thought of when they created it...

Ah okay. I'm gonna wait for the third trade to come out because I've really slacked on picking up the issues of it... Then I should be in time for issue 16 to come out

Yes! I love the characters, some of the most memorable I've read in a long while! I would kinda think they would have wanted to release "The World" when they wrap the whole thing up, because surely they would want to add information that they may not have thought of when they created it...
    I, for one, would welcome "The World, Part Dos".
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

I, for one, would welcome "The World, Part Dos".
    Oh so would I, but I don't think my bank balance would

Tooth & Claw #1
    Drifter #1
    Intersect #1
    COWL #6
    Prophet: Earth War #1
    Alex + Ada #10
    Birthright #2
    Fade Out #4
    Nailbiter #7
    Outcast #6
    Punks #2
    Rocket Girl #7
    Sheltered #14
    Southern Bastards #6
    Trees #7
    Velvet #10
    Wytches #2
    Zero #12

Kinski TPB

Trade-waiting:
    Lazarus
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Formally: The Adventurer Jim Purcell's Avatar

Just saw a tweet that the trade of the first four issues is being released on the 3rd September... so they might just be taking a break and release the second arc in the new year?
    I sure hope so. But its been kind of a long break. Issue 4 came out in April.