Page 49 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I remember this was somewhat controversial at the time. Obviously, it would be only in the world of comic book fans since I can't recall any mention in the mainstream press about this. The story was published in December that year. There was an odd assortment of villains on that page. Kingpin is somewhat understandable since he is New Yorker and he likes the run things there. I believe Doctor Octopus is also a New Yorker, or at least he always appears there in Spider-Man comics. Juggernaut is a random choice IMO and many would say Doctor Doom is also.

There was a column about this story by long time contributor Brian Cronin (one of the few left from the days when the site was owned by Jonah Weiland) where he links to an interview where JRjr explains the origins of this page and why Doom is shown crying.

I think JR jr explanation works. It was his way of capsulizing the horror of that day that when a great evil failed to conquer us.

Images like this is why i will always stan JRJR. That and looking at his pencils taught me the beauty of grids.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Images like this is why i will always stan JRJR. That and looking at his pencils taught me the beauty of grids.
    Yes, I have to say I am glad to see JRjr back at Marvel and on the Fantastic Four. I really liked his ASM run with JMS...in spite of One More Day

BANNED

Yes, I have to say I am glad to see JRjr back at Marvel and on the Fantastic Four. I really liked his ASM run with JMS...in spite of One More Day
    OMD happened long after JRJR finished his run on Amazing with JMS.

Oops. I forgot Joe Q's involvement was also as the artist. Thanks

I was checking out some things on eBay and noticed these two variant covers for Fantastic Four #33. I never saw these anywhere and it looks like they are exclusives to certain comic shops. One is available at Forbidden Planet.

I like this one and its frame. Scott Eaton is the artist

Carlos Pacheco is the artist on this one. It's looks like it was inspired by Jack Kirby's cover from FF #84

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Those are very nice variants.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by doom'ngloom View Post
    what's doom's eye color canonically? I've seen him drawn with blue, green, and brown eyes. It's like artists can't make up their mind on it.
    doom has whatever color eyes that doom wishes to have!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    doom has whatever color eyes that doom wishes to have!!!!
    As long as he doesn't drink too much and get them all bloodshot

I see where Doom has acquired the services Felicia Hardy aka the Black Cat to help Monica Rappaccini (there's a name that I've not encountered in a while) overcome her cancer. Let's see if this develops into a a permanent position for Monica. She's one of the few female high level scientists in the MU.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-14-2021 at 01:30 PM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

A new Doom one shot! Well, an alternate version, it's Old Man Doom. I do like this cover.

WASTELANDERS: DOOM #1
    Written by TORUNN GRØNBEKK
    Art by JULIUS OHTA
    Cover by JOSEMARIA CASANOVAS
    On Sale 12/22

THE MIGHTY VALKYRIES writer Torunn Grønbekk and rising star Julius Ohta explore the complex nature of everyone's favorite tyrant in WASTELANDERS: DOOM!

Doctor Doom helped wipe out the heroes on the Day the Villains Won, but even as he rules his domain in the Wastelands, a greater destiny calls to him. When a mysterious power blocks his oversight of a particular region, what he discovers will have ripple effects across the WASTELANDERS stories!

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...s-announcement
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Incredible Member

I was checking out some things on eBay and noticed these two variant covers for Fantastic Four #33. I never saw these anywhere and it looks like they are exclusives to certain comic shops. One is available at Forbidden Planet.

I like this one and its frame. Scott Eaton is the artist

Carlos Pacheco is the artist on this one. It's looks like it was inspired by Jack Kirby's cover from FF #84

The second one reminds me of 'Terror in a Tiny Town', one of my favorite FF stories!

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    A new Doom one shot! Well, an alternate version, it's Old Man Doom. I do like this cover.

WASTELANDERS: DOOM #1
    Written by TORUNN GRØNBEKK
    Art by JULIUS OHTA
    Cover by JOSEMARIA CASANOVAS
    On Sale 12/22

THE MIGHTY VALKYRIES writer Torunn Grønbekk and rising star Julius Ohta explore the complex nature of everyone's favorite tyrant in WASTELANDERS: DOOM!

Doctor Doom helped wipe out the heroes on the Day the Villains Won, but even as he rules his domain in the Wastelands, a greater destiny calls to him. When a mysterious power blocks his oversight of a particular region, what he discovers will have ripple effects across the WASTELANDERS stories!

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...s-announcement
    Thanks for posting that Reviresco! I just saw this on the Marvel Website this morning. It is a great looking cover. I like how it shows their version of Mount Rushmore still under construction. I recall in this version of Doom was married to Emma Frost. I got a kick out of it because Doom ruled the Midwestern part of the United States and I do live in the Midwest

This AU certainly has a long history, going all the way back to the story of Clyde Wyncham in Mark Millar's "1985" mini-series. He also brought it into his Fantastic Four run.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-15-2021 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    The second one reminds me of 'Terror in a Tiny Town', one of my favorite FF stories!
    Yes that could be another reference. But in this case, Doom symbolically looms large over everyone in Doomstadt, just like Jack Kirby's cover for Fantastic Four #84

It's only taken almost 2 years but Doom finally rejoins the Savage Avengers in December. I'm glad the same team Gerry Duggan and Patrick Zircher is on the title

The team-up of Doctor Doom and Doctor Strange is always a treat but throwing Conan in the mix really added a crazy twist to things.

from Savage Avengers #8

How likely do you think Doctor Doom shows up in Strange 2? Rumors about "Fox characters" seem to be picking up some steam. I just can't see mutants appearing in MoM. And of all the non-mutant characters that Fox used previously, I believe Victor was the only one who could actually use magic. It would kind of make sense to me that he would be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    How likely do you think Doctor Doom shows up in Strange 2? Rumors about "Fox characters" seem to be picking up some steam. I just can't see mutants appearing in MoM. And of all the non-mutant characters that Fox used previously, I believe Victor was the only one who could actually use magic. It would kind of make sense to me that he would be there.
    I'd love to see it but at most I think we get a name drop and even that is suspicious. The movie is already way too crowded according to rumours and anything more can take the spotlight away from Strange in his own movie. I think they will introduce Doom in the post credit scene of the first FF movie and build him up or he may even get his own movie (this is more of a wish on my part). That said I'm down for a magical tournament starring both Doom and Strange à la DS & DD Triumph and Torment down the road.