Page 52 of 62 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I missed the annoucement on this last week at one of the toy fair. MezcoToyz has a Doctor Doom figure that will be offered for preorder soon. This is a high end action figure with cloth used instead of a totally plastic figure. From looking at their website, a lot of the figures go for a minimum of $80 for a figure like Black Panther that doesn't need much detailing and up to around $100 - $120. One positive is that they got the eye color right! Since the Cable figure is 17 cm (or about 7 in) tall I'm guess the Doom figure will be a similar size.

There was also a boxed set of the Fantastic Four that is on their wait list, which means the set will become available once the pre-orders are filled and then there is a cancellation. This set will be available to those who ordered on April 2022 at $420. The Doom figure will probably be a 2022 release also. So if you are serious about it, I would be sure to get it when it shows up on preorder.

Link: the Marvel section of the Mezco Toys

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-10-2021 at 09:08 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    No, I think that would ruin a major part of the story. I think in his own way Doom really cared for her at that point. I go back to how he mentions it if only briefly in Darkhold. I think he's come to realize that even she is really angry about it (and again, that's subsequent writers doing that...not Heinberg's story) and he doesn't show any feelings about her rejection. He may still have good memories about it but she obviously doesn't. Would he have made a good husband for her? Probably not. I think Heinberg's story shows a major reason why. The biggest obstacle would be how the superhero community would react and we saw that.
    I think it was because as far as they knew Wanda was amnesiac when she meet Doom and didnīt have any way of knowing if Wanda wanted to marry Doom, if Wanda had been aware from the beggining and said to them she indeed wanted to marry Victor I donīt think they would have been happy but they would not have tried to stop them.

I also donīt think they would have lasted too much as a couple by the end of the story it was clear Wanda cared for him but him saying to her she was only ever a mean for power for him truly hurted her and later writers went with making it canon Doom manipulated her from her own pov and Victorīs own during Axis.

It's kind of a shame we got no details on exactly how long she stayed there but I would have to think even amnesiac, it wasn't a rushed wedding. They were literally hours away from being married. I'm guessing she was there a number of months. Publication wise, the Scarlet Witch had not been in any comics for quite a few years IIRC.
    Yes I think she was living on Wundagore for a time amnesiac until she went to live with him, so she may have been there living with him a few months.

Darkhold IIRC is taking place perhaps a bit behind what is going in on the currently in the X-Men. I don't follow them much these days, even though I've read Hickman's issues at the beginning. It wouldn't surprise me if things go very badly at the end in his Inferno. How can you have someone like Apocalypse,etc part of your inner counncil. Maybe Krakoa will be not more. Sometimes I think the name, being so close to the famous volcano Krakatoa means every thing is going to erupt!

Well on the X-side we bassically expected something like this from the beggining but in reality it looks like Hickman changed his plans and this status quo will last more than planned, which is ok, I personally would like to see a better exploration of the characters because some of them have been acting OOC to bring them to this point. Itīs been interesting but a little dissapointing characterwise.

On the Apocalypse front, he isnīt the same from Dark Ages or AoA, he was given a sympatethic backstory and now is more like a character out of time trying to fit into the new world. I for one thought it made sense for him to be on Krakoa and for them to accept him, itīs easier to know what heīs up to if heīs close than out planning who knows what. I liked his interactions with the other characters but yes, itīs not very in character compared to his previous appareances.

I hope so. I doubt there will be a reconciliation but it still would be great to see them working on a common goal together. I mention the relationship between Doom and Dr. Strange in my previous post. I don't think they will ever get there but it would be a change for her to realize he really did help her during a rough patch.
    I agree he helped her but the problem is that in the end he made it seem like he just wanted to take advantage of her and unless they truly try to talk about this I donīt think it will happen but I really agree with you Morgan suits Victor a lot better and she truly knows him well whch was not really the case for Wanda imo.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 10-11-2021 at 09:25 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I think it was because as far as they knew Wanda was amnesiac when she meet Doom and didnīt have any way of knowing if Wanda wanted to marry Doom, if Wanda had been aware from the beggining and said to them she indeed wanted to marry Victor I donīt think they would have been happy but they would not have tried to stop them.

I also donīt think they would have lasted too much as a couple by the end of the story it was clear Wanda cared for him but him saying to her she was only ever a mean for power for him truly hurted her and later writers went with making it canon Doom manipulated her from her own pov and Victorīs own during Axis.
    Yes, what he did say did hurt her but I also think he was trying to prevent the heroes from ostracizing her for even considering marriage. It was his way of helping her, admittedly in a blunt way, so that it would be easier for her to get back in their good graces. But even to this day, she still has a difficult time with some of the X-Men which is why I would like to see her more in the Avengers side of things. I would like to see her guest star in the Fantastic Four too.

Yes I think she was living on Wundagore for a time amnesiac until she went to live with him, so she may have been there living with him a few months.
    I think Marvel will never clear up her whereabouts after House of M. It was almost like Bendis banned writers from using her! I can't recall any reference to her being at Wundagore. Do you remember what story that was?

Well on the X-side we bassically expected something like this from the beggining but in reality it looks like Hickman changed his plans and this status quo will last more than planned, which is ok, I personally would like to see a better exploration of the characters because some of them have been acting OOC to bring them to this point. Itīs been interesting but a little dissapointing characterwise.

On the Apocalypse front, he isnīt the same from Dark Ages or AoA, he was given a sympatethic backstory and now is more like a character out of time trying to fit into the new world. I for one thought it made sense for him to be on Krakoa and for them to accept him, itīs easier to know what heīs up to if heīs close than out planning who knows what. I liked his interactions with the other characters but yes, itīs not very in character compared to his previous appareances.
    I guess I keep going back to that somewhat brutal scene with Magneto chained up to be some kind of battery. He's been far more ruthless than Doom in the past so we will have to see how this goes. Marvel always has these characters revert back to their old ways. It's just like at the end of Cantwell's Doom series, he has him use the Ultimate Nullifier to wipe out an alternate universe where his counterpart had succeeded in redeeming himself and having a family because it enraged him that he still wasn't at the point where he could do that.

I agree he helped her but the problem is that in the end he made it seem like he just wanted to take advantage of her and unless they truly try to talk about this I donīt think it will happen but I really agree with you Morgan suits Victor a lot better and she truly knows him well whch was not really the case for Wanda imo.
    I agree it will probably never happen but it would be good to see Wanda revert to the same attitude that she had at the end of Heinberg's CC. Every writer since has basicially ignored that part of his story, perhaps by editorial influence. One of these days I am going to see there is a way to contact him and ask but it doesn't look like he is on Twitter.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-12-2021 at 07:14 AM.

Yes, what he did say did hurt her but I also think he was trying to prevent the heroes from ostracizing her for even considering marriage. It was his way of helping her, admittedly in a blunt way, so that it would be easier for her to get back in their good graces. But even to this day, she still has a difficult time with some of the X-Men which is why I would like to see her more in the Avengers side of things. I would like to see her guest star in the Fantastic Four too.

Yes I would like to see more of her and Pietro and I loved Luna being there on FF so in general, I would like to see more of them all on either title from the Avengers, X-men or FF.

I think Marvel will never clear up her whereabouts after House of M. I was almost like Bendis banned writers from using her! I can't recall any reference to her being at Wundagore. Do you remember what story that was?
    Yes at the end of HoM thereīs a scene in which sheīs buying apples on a store on Wundagore and I personally think she subcounciously hide herself with her powers because Pietro, Magneto, Billy and Tommy searched for her there but didnīt find her but then again, they didnīt do so at the same time or inmediately after HoM so there was time for her to live for a while on Wundagore and then move to Latveria where they found her on CC.

I guess I keep going back to that somewhat brutal scene with Magneto chained up to be some kind of battery. He's been far more ruthless than Doom in the past so we will have to see how this goes.[/B] Marvel always has these characters revert back to their old ways. [B]It's just like at the end of Cantwell's Doom series, he has him use the Ultimate Nullifier to wipe out an alternate universe where his counterpart had succeeded in redeeming himself and having a family because it enraged him that he still wasn't at the point where he could do that.
    Itīs a good thing Dark Ages is an AU so I do expect or hope they allow Magneto to have his revenge there and yes, Apocalypse usually has been this brutal from the beggining, like one of his earlier stories was about him infecting a Cyclopīs baby with a virus because he was one of those capable of defeating him when he grew up, still thatīs not the same Apocalypse whoīs been around on Krakoa and I do expect him to become an antagonist once again, just not act the exact same way he used to. Heīs by no means a redeemed character, he was just given more backstory to understand where he was coming from and it worked. It will depend how future writers will tackle his story now thatīs part of his canon but Dark Ages Apocalypse is pretty much his old classic self, he even looks like his AoA alternative self.

I read Cantwell interview and saw where he was coming from, I think he has a really great handle of Doom with both his virtues and his flaws and shows them in a balanced way, I still think the ultimate nullifier and have him destroy an entire universe over his feelings for a family, was extreme but in context it does make a little sense given his "good self" was pushing all his buttoms, knowinly, I would have expected him to have a defense but he didnīt and I think Cantwell still can work that other Doom on future stories.

I actually would love to see a meeting between Doom and Magneto by Cantwell, Hickman or Ewing, I would like to know what would be his take on them both interacting with the way they are now and I always thought Magneto respects Doomīs powers and values his knownledge so thatīs why they truly have yet to have a serious disagreetment recently and I liked how they worked together on Axis.

I agree it will probably never happen but it would be good to see Wanda revert to the same attitude that she had at the end of Heinberg's CC. Every writer since has basicially ignored that part of his story, perhaps by editorial influence. One of these days I am going to see there is a way to contact him and ask but it doesn't look like he is on Twitter.
    I think Heinberg added a lot of nuance to their relationship and went with the unexpected by having her actually care for Victor as well, I would like to see this addressed as well but I would like more to see her show more of her own temper, since the silver age, Wanda always had a temper on her own and despite them being on good terms at the end of CC, the fact he wanted to marry her while she was amnesiac would usually make her angry or at least distrutful of Doom. So I think their interaction on Darkhold is a nice compromise, they should just forget about blaming Doom for M-Day because it really doesnīt make sense continuity wise and it wasnīt really Heinbergs intention imo when he wrote them together. I think it would be a good idea to contact him and ask him what else he didnīt get to explain better with this crossover
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 10-11-2021 at 10:39 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Yes I would like to see more of her and Pietro and I loved Luna being there on FF so in general, I would like to see more of them all on either title from the Avengers, X-men or FF.

Yes at the end of HoM thereīs a scene in which sheīs buying apples on a store on Wundagore and I personally think she subcounciously hide herself with her powers because Pietro, Magneto, Billy and Tommy searched for her there but didnīt find her but then again, they didnīt do so at the same time or inmediately after HoM so there was time for her to live for a while on Wundagore and then move to Latveria where they found her on CC.

Itīs a good thing Dark Ages is an AU so I do expect or hope they allow Magneto to have his revenge there and yes, Apocalypse usually has been this brutal from the beggining, like one of his earlier stories was about him infecting a Cyclopīs baby with a virus because he was one of those capable of defeating him when he grew up, still thatīs not the same Apocalypse whoīs been around on Krakoa and I do expect him to become an antagonist once again, just not act the exact same way he used to. Heīs by no means a redeemed character, he was just given more backstory to understand where he was coming from and it worked. It will depend how future writers will tackle his story now thatīs part of his canon but Dark Ages Apocalypse is pretty much his old classic self, he even looks like his AoA alternative self.

I read Cantwell interview and saw where he was coming from, I think he has a really great handle of Doom with both his virtues and his flaws and shows them in a balanced way, I still think the ultimate nullifier and have him destroy an entire universe over his feelings for a family, was extreme but in context it does make a little sense given his "good self" was pushing all his buttoms, knowinly, I would have expected him to have a defense but he didnīt and I think Cantwell still can work that other Doom on future stories.

I actually would love to see a meeting between Doom and Magneto by Cantwell, Hickman or Ewing, I would like to know what would be his take on them both interacting with the way they are now and I always thought Magneto respects Doomīs powers and values his knownledge so thatīs why they truly have yet to have a serious disagreetment recently and I liked how they worked together on Axis.

I think Heinberg added a lot of nuance to their relationship and went with the unexpected by having her actually care for Victor as well, I would like to see this addressed as well but I would like more to see her show more of her own temper, since the silver age, Wanda always had a temper on her own and despite them being on good terms at the end of CC, the fact he wanted to marry her while she was amnesiac would usually make her angry or at least distrutful of Doom. So I think their interaction on Darkhold is a nice compromise, they should just forget about blaming Doom for M-Day because it really doesnīt make sense continuity wise and it wasnīt really Heinberg's intention imo when he wrote them together. I think it would be a good idea to contact him and ask him what else he didnīt get to explain better with this crossover
    I know...there are so many people on here who still claim it was all Doom when he had very little to do with Bendis's story or intentions. You will never find an interview where he makes any connection and he is the one that wrote the story! I had no luck finding Heinberg on FB (didn't think he'd be there anyway) or Twitter. Who knows? Maybe these Hollywood folks have their own social media we don't see. I did see the news that he will be writing some the that new series with Wiccan & Hulkling and maybe working of a film project for Marvel but I don't know if it will involve a movie or something on Disney Plus.

They did have more cordial interaction in Axis but things have been up and down with between them. But I agree with your choices of possible writers. I don't think Cantwell is gotten Doom out of his system since he uses a panel of Doom and Iron Man on his heading on Twitter. I keep thinking he may follow the tradition of David Michelinie and Bob Layton and do time travel story with them. The Christmas story with the two of them was so funny. Along with Dr Strange, Iron Man is one of the few people that Doom will actually have cordial conversations and not immediately start fighting. Al Ewing is another writer that shows that Doom can actually socialize with people even though we know Doom will never be BFFs with anyone.

Maybe in Darkhold Omega we may get to the point where Doom and Wanda will view each other a mutual respect and perhaps the events of Children's Crusade behind them.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Has anyone listened to this VOICE OF LATVERIA podcast?

https://voiceoflatveria.com/

I did listen to that Marvel podcast of Wastelands Old Man Starlord, which was entertaining enough, except for the Doom content.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I know...there are so many people on here who still claim it was all Doom when he had very little to do with Bendis's story or intentions. You will never find an interview where he makes any connection and he is the one that wrote the story! I had no luck finding Heinberg on FB (didn't think he'd be there anyway) or Twitter. Who knows? Maybe these Hollywood folks have their own social media we don't see. I did see the news that he will be writing some the that new series with Wiccan & Hulkling and maybe working of a film project for Marvel but I don't know if it will involve a movie or something on Disney Plus.
    If heīs working for the MCU I hope itīs for the Young Avengers movie, heīs by far the best to introduce them.

I guess he just doesnīt want fans asking him whatīs heīs doing now and I would love to see more of his writing on marvel.

They did have more cordial interaction in Axis but things have been up and down with between them. But I agree with your choices of possible writers. I don't think Cantwell is gotten Doom out of his system since he uses a panel of Doom and Iron Man on his heading on Twitter. I keep thinking he may follow the tradition of David Michelinie and Bob Layton and do time travel story with them. The Christmas story with the two of them was so funny. Along with Dr Strange, Iron Man is one of the few people that Doom will actually have cordial conversations and not immediately start fighting. Al Ewing is another writer that shows that Doom can actually socialize with people even though we know Doom will never be BFFs with anyone.
    Yes they have been up and down, I would just like to see where they stand now and hoped the Gala was that moment but I guess I will have to wait for a crossover to see it.

Yes I definitely think Cantwell is not done with Victor and I would love to see more of his story with Victorious, I agree Iron Man and Dr Strange are the closest people, besides Reed, sometimes, he would be cordial on a good day, I enjoyed with interactions with Strange a lot on Savage Avengers and I definitely need Al Ewing to show whatīs up with those plans Doom has after the Anhiliation crossover.

Maybe in Darkhold Omega we may get to the point where Doom and Wanda will view each other a mutual respect and perhaps the events of Children's Crusade behind them.
    If the art we have seen of them is from Darkhold Omega, I think itīs quite possible they will unite forces to stop Chthon so itīs possible they end that story on better terms.

All-New Member

Dr Doom the greatest marvel villain. However these days Dr Doom is uneasy about Mutant Nation.
    Since Dawn of X and Reign of x and take over of Mars, Dr Doom, is deeply concerned about it. He sees them as long term threat to his position.

Quote Originally Posted by Naz View Post
    Dr Doom the greatest marvel villain. However these days Dr Doom is uneasy about Mutant Nation.
    Since Dawn of X and Reign of x and take over of Mars, Dr Doom, is deeply concerned about it. He sees them as long term threat to his position.
    I think he's correct to be concerned about that. For one thing, it's a bit presumptuous of the Storm to proclaim herself Ruler of the planet. How do we know that by the takeover of the planet that may have wiped out some indigenous species? Presuming ownership and colonizing a planet is overstepping their bounds. I think not just Doom but the United Nations may have some concerns about it.

All-New Member

I think he's correct to be concerned about that. For one thing, it's a bit presumptuous of the Storm to proclaim herself Ruler of the planet. How do we know that by the takeover of the planet that may have wiped out some indigenous species? Presuming ownership and colonizing a planet is overstepping their bounds. I think not just Doom but the United Nations may have some concerns about it.
    The comic S.W.OR.D 2020 ISSUE 6: Dr Doom has a conversation with Captain America about the Mars takeover. Dr Dooms admits he respects Steve - he also did not like the takeover of Mars. I am thinking Dr Doom might want to build an alliance with some of the avengers to confront Magneto and Charles X.

The comic S.W.OR.D 2020 ISSUE 6: Dr Doom has a conversation with Captain America about the Mars takeover. Dr Dooms admits he respects Steve - he also did not like the takeover of Mars. I am thinking Dr Doom might want to build an alliance with some of the avengers to confront Magneto and Charles X.
    I think that would be a good plan. I read those issues and I thought Doom was smart in making some overtures to Steve. If things come to a boil and it looks like there may be some hostile resistance from the X-Men, the Avengers might need all the help they can get. Seeing as Doom's spellcasting was instrumental in defeating Dormammu, he could be a valuable to them because I doubt any of the X-Men can match his skills at sorcery. And they don't have to know that he kept a great deal of Dormammu's power bound into his armor to use at some future time
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-13-2021 at 04:51 PM.

All-New Member

I think he's correct to be concerned about that.
    Also in the x-men\Fantastic Four issue, although it was about Franklin but the most interesting parts were Dr Doom and his confrontation with Magneto and Charles. This was to remind them that he is powerful man and a force to be reckoned with.
    Last edited by Naz; 10-13-2021 at 04:54 PM.

Also in the x-men\Fantastic Four issue, although it was about Franklin but the most interesting parts were Dr Doom and his confrontation with Magneto and Charles. This was to remind them that he is powerful man and a force to be reckoned with.
    I'd like to see Doom give the X-men some push back about Krakoa. My theory is it's not going to last anyway and it will come down like a house of cards. Maybe Doom can be behind the scenes engineering that.

Fantastic Member

Good to see that Kang and younger Kang didn't summarily defeat Victor, but merely repelled him for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by xcoijoi View Post
    Good to see that Kang and younger Kang didn't summarily defeat Victor, but merely repelled him for the time being.
    Unfortunately I wasn't able to go to the LCS today but that's Ok because it's not really spoiling it for me. Because of his MCU appearance in the Loki series (I found Kang to be kind of *meh*) Kang is getting a big push in the comics after being mostly neglected except for his appearances in Cantwell's Doom series. I loved the friendly rivalry they had in that so it's good to hear that they didn't job him to Kang.

Here's an update. I had noticed that Doom is on the cover of the bonus sized Avengers 50 / Legacy nbr 750. This is a $9.99 comic written by Jason Aaron...purchase it at your own peril. I will be waiting for it to come on Marvel Unlimited.

I had no idea why this Doom was showing up in this comic but Reviresco has solved the mystery. Fear not because this is an AU Doom appearing in Avengers/Hulk #1 that was given out on Free Comic Book day. If you have an Amazon/Comixology account, you can get it there free.

This is a new iteration of the Masters of Evil that will be showing up for a one issue appearance.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-13-2021 at 09:46 PM.