Page 33 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

This was already posted in the Wanda and Inhumans threads. September 22 is the launch.

The Marvel Universe Descends Into Chaos in 'The Darkhold Alpha' #1
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Thanks Ray! I think this one got shelved during the pandemic last summer because I remember the Doom cover from last year. I hope Victor and Wanda are on friendlier terms in this one.

Doom has some great moments coming up what with S.W.O.R.D., his marriage and Johnny/Victorious not to mention the Darkhold.
    It's a good time to be an Dr Doom fan.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

It seems to come it waves. We had about 2 years of Infamous Iron Man, then Cantwell's solo series. I guess Darkhold will roll out of whatever happens during his time with Guardians of the Galaxy! I look forward to some back and forth between Victor and Rocket. Who knows? maybe they will become pals for life!

How will Darkhold fit between Doom's appearances in FF and GOTG?

That's a good question. This week is the wedding issue and we know that Doom set so that Zora would be Queen while he was off saving the galaxy He can't be both places at once. I'm guessing the Darkhold mini will take place in the past but who knows?

Fantastic Member

"Do you have Death Rays? No. Dad, he literally has Doomsday weapons."

Hahaha.

Fantastic Member

Why in the hell, did Zora have to announce this, in front of the whole world? She KNOWS that Doom has a huge ego. Why couldn't she whispered "Victor, can we interrupt, so I can tell you something in private?"

Idiot. I really wanted to see a temporary lull in the conflict between Doom and FF, until some catastrophe pits them against each other again.

I hope Johnny gets more than a slap across the head.

Quote Originally Posted by xcoijoi View Post
    Why in the hell, did Zora have to announce this, in front of the whole world? She KNOWS that Doom has a huge ego. Why couldn't she whispered "Victor, can we interrupt, so I can tell you something in private?"

Idiot. I really wanted to see a temporary lull in the conflict between Doom and FF, until some catastrophe pits them against each other again.

Yeah I was really intrigued by Doom asking Reed to be his best man, and then seeing him appear to permanently cease aggressions against the FF in this issue. Would have loved to have seen more character work relating to all that, especially since no one has explained yet why exactly this wedding (ceremonial as it is) would necessitate Doom making permanent amends with the FF, Atlantis and Wakanda. Him inviting everyone and giving everyone clean slates is a pretty big deal if it's sincere (which it seemed to be, given his orders to the weapons engineers were not witnessed by anyone else).

The arc isn't over yet, so I'm really hoping there's more to the story than just weird contrivances to set up a Doom v Everyone fight with some added wedding drama to promote the comic and get more sales.
    People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gridde View Post
    Yeah I was really intrigued by Doom asking Reed to be his best man, and then seeing him appear to permanently cease aggressions against the FF in this issue. Would have loved to have seen more character work relating to all that, especially since no one has explained yet why exactly this wedding (ceremonial as it is) would necessitate Doom making permanent amends with the FF, Atlantis and Wakanda. Him inviting everyone and giving everyone clean slates is a pretty big deal if it's sincere (which it seemed to be, given his orders to the weapons engineers were not witnessed by anyone else).

The arc isn't over yet, so I'm really hoping there's more to the story than just weird contrivances to set up a Doom v Everyone fight with some added wedding drama to promote the comic and get more sales.
    So far, I'm very unimpressed. Can Marvel do anything more with Doom besides manufacturer ways to publicly humiliate him that make no sense? First, they unmask him in front of the galaxy with a plot that seemed to serve no other purpose than to lead up to a galaxy-wide unmasking. So, Doom hates the FF enough to want to kill Sue decades in the future but is still OK with her being at his friggin' wedding a few weeks/months later?? Now, the MOST LOYAL PERSON IN LATVERIA decides to sleep with what should be her most hated enemy and then reveal it in the MOST PUBLIC MANNER POSSIBLE. It just isn't believable and feels very hackish. On top of that, Marvel re-references the onetime story that Grimm is the reason Doom's machine blew up his face in the first place and yet Marvel still has never resolved what that means to Doom's relationship with the FF or had Grimm share that nugget of info with Doom AFAIK. For decades, Marvel storylines referenced that Doom hated Reed because he (supposedly falsely) believed the machine blew up due to Reed's tampering and this was a signal of Doom's inability to admit an error. But, if Doom WAS correct that the machine was tampered with, it should be a major storyline and it just gets casually referenced and discarded again.

Feels like Marvel has no clue how to advance Doom's character since Infamous Iron Man ended and so they keep recycling the same old character formula that we should be well past. Doom hates FF, FF screws up Doom's life, Doom hates FF even more, repeat.

I made a separate spoiler/review thread for this issue if anyone is interested in posting there. Yikes what a train wreck.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-16-2021 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xcoijoi View Post

Totally agree. IMO even though Slott created Zora/Victorious, Christopher Cantwell is the better writer for her...and Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Gridde View Post

Yes, I was surprised about that. This granting of amnesty or whatever is a big decision. It's something that Doom could have eventually done as Infamous Iron Man but Reed was still off rebuilding things with the family, leaving Victor, Johnny and Ben to think they were dead or something.

But you have higher hopes for this story than I do. I think we can all assume Johnny will be the one that will be changed forever (or until the next writer) in the next issue

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Sideshow has a new Doctor Doom print!

https://art.sideshow.com/art-prints/...tibles-501371U

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Looks impressive. I didn't know Sideshow dealt in art prints. I remember years ago when they were only into action figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Sideshow has a new Doctor Doom print!

https://art.sideshow.com/art-prints/...tibles-501371U

Love it, nice!!
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.