Page 16 of 62 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Well, here's where I leave. Keep us posted on how that Doom wedding turns out.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Well, here's where I leave. Keep us posted on how that Doom wedding turns out.
    Yes and next week I'll see how Doom fares against the Maestro in PAD's mini War and Pax. I have a bad feeling about that one.

It seems like once they cancelled Doom's solo all Hell breaks loose and he's popping up in multiple stories. I'd rather they just kept the series going. And there's always the nanny Doombot in Runaways.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

You think Doom would have issues with how, ahem, revealing the bride's dress is?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

What if it’s Ravonna/Terminatrix?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

I wish the old boards were archived, I created a Women of Doom thread for his 50th anniversary (since CBR/Brian Cronin practically ignored it ) and we can go through the list and discuss the possibilities.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I wish the old boards were archived, I created a Women of Doom thread for his 50th anniversary (since CBR/Brian Cronin practically ignored it ) and we can go through the list and discuss the possibilities.
    Nah! Namor's outfit is more revealing than the bride's.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I'm lucky I took a break from drinking my pearl shake because I would have choked on it after reading this!
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Namor should always be in the most revealing outfit wherever he is. It’s in his contract.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Namor should always be in the most revealing outfit wherever he is. It’s in his contract.
    QFT.....I love my Namor/Doom figures. I need to get the Marvel Legends Namor with the green trunks.....Reviresco and I'm sure Imperious Wrecks have some good Namor action figures.

I even have the Namor figure from the Marvel Super Heroes Squad cartoon show......and GALACTUS. They came out with the toy but I don't think he ever appeared on the show. George Takei did Galactus's voice for the show.

Last night I got to thinking...this "Bride of Doom" storyline reminded me of the Universal horror movies of the 1930s.....

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-18-2021 at 12:48 PM.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Doom's wedding outfit kind of reminded me of this, a fan art from a few years back
    Doctor Doom medieval fanart.jpg

But it went too far in the nazi fascist direction, which is inappropriate in so many ways for the gypsy king Victor Von Doom.

I too distrust that Slott et al will make a reasonable attempt at capturing the nuance of Doom, and this is likely to be a monumental snooze fest. But, I will give it a chance, as always.
    ds
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    Doom's wedding outfit kind of reminded me of this, a fan art from a few years back
    Doctor Doom medieval fanart.jpg

But it went too far in the nazi fascist direction, which is inappropriate in so many ways for the gypsy king Victor Von Doom.

I too distrust that Slott et al will make a reasonable attempt at capturing the nuance of Doom, and this is likely to be a monumental snooze fest. But, I will give it a chance, as always.
    ds
    Yes, I will always check out any major appearance, good or bad. Sometimes the art can be a saving grace for some of the lesser efforts.

Well well well.....It looks like Doom will be in PAD's Maestro: War and Pax min series to the bitter end. He did show up on the last page of issue #2 last month. Next week is issue #3 and here is the May solicitation for the concluding issue

I love it when an artist give Doom's armor and cape a winterized look. He even has some ice spikes for traction on his boots and probably is wearing some thermals under his armor

MAESTRO: WAR AND PAX #5 (OF 5)

PETER DAVID (W) • JAVIER PINA (A) • Cover by DALE KEOWN
    Variant Cover by JOSHUA CASSARA
    DOOM.
    The Maestro thought he knew his enemy. He thought he was facing a band of gods. The truth…is so much worse.

Also worth noting is there are several TPBs coming out in May that feature Doom.

Fantastic Four Omnibus #4.....features Fantastic Four #94-125 and the Lost Adventure issue. The promo makes sure to mention that Doom joins the FF in issue #116

The Fantastic Four: Fate of the Four (HC) collects Chip Zdarsky's Marvel Two in One, which also featured Doom as a co-star throughout most of the series. I might get this one.

Punisher Epic Collection #4.....features a Doctor Doom appearance. I did read that and I have the comics stored somewhere. It's probably the only time I bought a Punisher comic book.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-18-2021 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I remember that massive disrespect by Marvel on the Fantastic Four's 50th anniversary. And they completely ignored Doom's 50th even though IIRC other characters that weren't in their own series got some kind of recognition. I was able to save some old threads by just doing the old copy/paste. And that was back in the day when Adobe allowed conversions to PDFs for free. I think I have the Naked Lion Wrestling thread saved somewhere.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

I too was majorly disappointed that Doom was ignored for their 50th anniversary. I generally don't think these anniversaries add much value as far as story, but, c'mon man, you guys at Marvel have an anniversary for every dang thing. smh
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Well then, we should do our own Doom 60th Anniversary, complete with corner box art!
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.