Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Spoiler alert!:

doom.jpg

Noticed this on Bleeding Cool For Fantastic Four# 28.

Amazing Member

It seems the "griever" character predicts the end of Reed,Ben and Susan in a far future.....ofcourse,it might be an alternate timeline or a future that can eventually be averted.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Yeah, I have to think that is an alternate timeline. That's a different look for Doom but does look somewhat familiar...I think we've seen this version somewhere before. Thanks for post that!

Fantastic Member

So when do we get Owen back? In spite of how powerful she seems, it still seems too easy for Griever to take out the Molecule Man.

It also felt like her struggle with Norrin was too difficult, when presumably she could have dispatched Galactus with a hand wave.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yeah, I have to think that is an alternate timeline. That's a different look for Doom but does look somewhat familiar...I think we've seen this version somewhere before. Thanks for post that!
    It reminds me of the Doom armor,worn in Marvel's manga-verse by T'challa's sister simply named T'channa....i had to look it up.
    Also,it might remind me a bit of early concept designs for the Doom armor of the Fantastic Four:Rise Of The Silver Surfer movie,but i'm not sure about that one.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mist@doom View Post
    Spoiler alert!:

doom.jpg

"one I have been composing for 60 long years"....a nice nod to the 60th anniversary of the Fantastic Four and Dr. Doom this year by Dan Slott....but technically it's 60 years in our timeline...so,it might be quite further in the future of the 616 timeline or alternate timeline,because time flows differently there. (not sure,how much time past since then....i like to believe around 30 years)
    Last edited by Mist@doom; 01-28-2021 at 07:16 AM.

Amazing Member

Pretty cool!....have to get these issues online!

Amazing Member

Thanks for linking to that interview. I was intrigued by his statement saying that he would like to write another Doctor Doom prose novel for Aconyte.

on to another topic:
    By accident, I did find out that there was a fairly significant Doom appearance this week. I'm going to drop a Spoiler alert here for those who haven't read this

******************* SPOILERS ************************************************** *******************

I think going back to the surprise last page of Stan Lee/Gene Colan Daredevil #36, Doom has to be the king of last page entrances in Marvel Comics. Now we can add PAD's Maestro: War and Pax #1 to that growing list.

Someone did one of those youtube video reviews and the title of their review for the PAD mini series Maestro: War and Pax spoiled the ending!

I always give artists bonus points for giving Doom a winter cloak that's fur trimmed. Looking over this first issue of the mini it seems to me that the Maestro is darn near unbeatable so there is the peril of a quick exit for Doom in this. He's not on any of the covers for this 5 issue mini series but the variants haven't been revealed yet on Diamond's catalog images.
    Pretty cool!....have to get these issues online!

It reminds me of the Doom armor,worn in Marvel's manga-verse by T'challa's sister simply named T'channa....i had to look it up.
    Also,it might remind me a bit of early concept designs for the Doom armor of the Fantastic Four:Rise Of The Silver Surfer movie,but i'm not sure about that one.
    That is the one I was trying to remember....the Manga-verse Doom. I'm sure I have that comic tucked away somewhere. But I did look it up on Marvel Unlimited. The armor is very similar to the one in Fantastic Four #28. BTW, the Marvel Mangaverse series was illustrated by Ben Dunn and it is a beautiful looking book. I think this is the only thing he did for Marvel back in 2002. That seems so long ago now! I don't think he's done much for Marvel since... a few variant covers is all I've come across.

Amazing Member

That is the one I was trying to remember....the Manga-verse Doom. I'm sure I have that comic tucked away somewhere. But I did look it up on Marvel Unlimited. The armor is very similar to the one in Fantastic Four #28. BTW, the Marvel Mangaverse series was illustrated by Ben Dunn and it is a beautiful looking book. I think this is the only thing he did for Marvel back in 2002. That seems so long ago now! I don't think he's done much for Marvel since... a few variant covers is all I've come across.

Yeah,i loved the armor...wel drawn,but i didn't care for the "eyebrows" on the mask and the fact it wasn't Victor himself

I know what you mean....I don't care for the impersonators either. All we need is Kristoff. To be honest, I wish an artist would come up with a distinct look for him and make it stick.

Quote Originally Posted by xcoijoi View Post
    So when do we get Owen back? In spite of how powerful she seems, it still seems too easy for Griever to take out the Molecule Man.

It also felt like her struggle with Norrin was too difficult, when presumably she could have dispatched Galactus with a hand wave.
    It does seem to me that Owen has the ability to pull all his molecules back together to reform.

Spoiler alert!:

doom.jpg

What do the Doom aficionados think about Victor shifting his focus from Reed to Sue? The Reed focus was based a lot on Victor's vanity but this Sue anger is based on an actual event and an intentionally embarrassing slight.

I really doubt this will happen as the Reed/Victor bromance is one of the biggest relationships in Marvel Comics, but still...

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    What do the Doom aficionados think about Victor shifting his focus from Reed to Sue? The Reed focus was based a lot on Victor's vanity but this Sue anger is based on an actual event and an intentionally embarrassing slight.

I really doubt this will happen as the Reed/Victor bromance is one of the biggest relationships in Marvel Comics, but still...
    Indeed it is.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Amazing Member

I know what you mean....I don't care for the impersonators either. All we need is Kristoff. To be honest, I wish an artist would come up with a distinct look for him and make it stick.
    I liked his armor with red/purple cape look,that started in the "silent" issue in Jonathan Hickman's Fantastic Four run...but that didn't stick either.