Page 27 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Who is Doom marrying in Fantastic Four?
    Victorious, say the spoilers.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I was starting to come to the same conclusion. I think they just isolated Doom's head from this panel, the most memorable of the series IMO.

Very close the epaulets are not visible but the head and hood are nearly identical.
    ds

CA656.jpg
    Last edited by DoomScribe; 04-18-2021 at 11:01 PM.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Newarama has an interview with Al Ewing about his plans for Guardians of the Galaxy. On Doom:

"It's surprising to me that Doom doesn't do more in a galactic context - he's such a big deal in his own mind that he should let the whole universe know of his greatness," says Ewing. "And of course, he's literally created a whole universe of his own in the past, and ruled it. So it's not that he's short of ambition."

Doom made his customary dramatic entrance at the end of this week's Guardians of the Galaxy #13, and Ewing tells us that there's "a larger story being told here" and this isn't a bit of stunt-casting, as "Doom is going to be a very big part of it."
    I'm intrigued that he's got some plans for Doom to have a large role in this series. I had my doubts as to what extent Doom would be involved and it's good to see him saying it's not just "stunt casting".

This is a variant cover for issue #14

Marvel has a bit more on Doom's involvement with the Ewing crossover with Sword and Guardians of the Galaxy called Last Annihilation Looks like we will be getting another of those Doom having dinner with a friend / foe scenes. It sure has become a staple in his diplomacy or when he's looking for information.

A tease from the article says "S.W.O.R.D. #7 will take place immediately following the Hellfire Gala. The party is over...but not all the guests have gone home. Victor Von Doom is staying for dinner. Be there as he catches up with an old friend… just as THE LAST ANNIHILATION hits!" So maybe he's be meeting up with some of those members, whoever is the current lineup in that group.

Cover for Sword #7

The cover for GOTG #16 has a reveal of the main menace for the "Last Annihilation" crossover with Ewing's GOTG and SWORD series. I haven't been reading SWORD so I may look into what is available on Marvel Unlimited. I had forgotten that Magneto is a regular in that series. Doom and Magneto have had surprisingly few meetings over the years. I had been thinking that at some point Hickman would have Doom make an appearance in his X-Men works.

GOTG #16

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 04-20-2021 at 09:27 AM.

BANNED

Interesting article on Dr. Doom's Romani-heritage and how it's been used:
    https://graphicpolicy.com/2021/04/26...epresentation/

IMO it shows that they really didn't give Doom's heritage much thought in those early days. After all, the origin isn't told until FF annual #2. Certainly the von Doom surname is an odd choice for a Romani. But in my head canon Werner Von Doom is the German side of his family. Werner's father could be German and his mother a Romani. Perhaps Brubaker had some thoughts in this direction because there is one of those abandoned stories that shows the operatives of the Red Skull finding some artifacts in Germany that shows a possible ancestor of Doom. The Red Skull was going to give them to Doom in exchange for something....I don't think it was the time gun used on Cap. Or my memory could be off and they were mainly after the robot. No one AFAIK followed up on this mysterious baron. It may have even been a time traveling Doom but we'll never know.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 04-27-2021 at 09:26 AM.

Previews are out for Heroes Reborn #1 (2021). Can't fault the Ed McGuinness art with Marc Morales inking. Let's see how Jason Aaron's story pans out...

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

This is going to be a disaster

Heroes Reborn 001 pg Dr Juggernaut.jpg
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    This is going to be a disaster

Heroes Reborn 001 pg Dr Juggernaut.jpg
    This is so ridiculous that I don't know whether I should be amazed or disappointed. Still entertaining though.

I am disappointed but at least this is a alternate universe. My main question is why does Doom have the Juggernaut helmet. I know it's the visual link to the original Juggernaut. It just looks so dumb. He wore it because the Juggernaut would charge at people head first.

Isn't the point of the Juggernaut helmet that it stops telepathy? Considering Doom can keep Emma out of his mind just fine there is no need for it other than the weird obsession of mixing character looks. And I still don't get DOOM knuckles. It looks junevile.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Isn't the point of the Juggernaut helmet that it stops telepathy? Considering Doom can keep Emma out of his mind just fine there is no need for it other than the weird obsession of mixing character looks. And I still don't get DOOM knuckles. It looks juvenile.
    Oh wow....I just noticed that.

I forgot the other function of the helmet. And I think I might be thinking of a cartoon where Juggernaut would use his head to ram into people. The Rhino is more likely to charge you than Juggernaut

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

With the upcoming nuptials, who want to bet Brian Cronin won't do a "Times Doctor Doom Almost Got Married" article, mentioning Wanda and that Symkarian girl with a magical heritage?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Preview for Fantastic Four #32 is available on Graphic Policy...

There is a cool flashback to the college days of Ben, Reed and Victor. We see how a young Victor has drawn some attention from the co-eds at the university. I also like the Easter egg seen on the table where Victor is reading.

One is H.G. Welles "The Time Machine" and the other is a book about Blackbeard the Pirate. It's like Doom is unwittingly reading up on his own future where he builds the time platform and then sends the FF into the past to get Blackbeard's treasure

CBR has the previews for Guardians of the Galaxy #14. I love this....Al Ewing has Doom using the Ovid Mind Transfer trick on Hulking. I don't think we've seen this since Waid's Fantastic Four.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-09-2021 at 01:49 PM.