Page 54 of 62 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Could you imagine RDJ as Doom?! Because Brian Cronin mentions a book that says RDJ could have been Doom in Fox's 2005 Fantastic Four.

https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-marvel-...r-doctor-doom/
    I think fate worked out better for RDJ with Iron Man. I think he would have made Doom more interesting that Julian McMahon. But I don't think it would have changed the script much and we still would have had a watered down version of Doom as an Americanized businessman.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Here's the funny thing. RDJ almost became Doom. RDJ became Iron Man. Doom became Infamous Iron Man. It all works!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Here's the funny thing. RDJ almost became Doom. RDJ became Iron Man. Doom became Infamous Iron Man. It all works!
    When you put it that way it does seem inevitable.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Did someone post about this Doom appearance in Ghost Rider: Kushala? I completely missed it.

https://www.cbr.com/doctor-doom-wand...b-ghost-rider/
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Reading it right now!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I caught up with it yesterday but was too busy to post about it. I can only read it on my Ipad. For now here are a couple of observations:

I like to know more about this Latverian (I assume) named Cleric who is assisting with the gathering of the Wands of the Watoomb.

I remember in Doom post Secret Wars phase when he was practically stalking Stark in Bendis's Invincible Iron Man that he had possession of a Wand of Watoomb. It's one of those things that gets forgotten. I would think he would still have it. But it's hard to tell if these Marvel Unlimited digital comics are in continuity.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Obviously, I need to do some reading this weekend. ;p

So, this is the second time in recent history history we've seen Doom gathering his magical resources?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Could you imagine RDJ as Doom?! Because Brian Cronin mentions a book that says RDJ could have been Doom in Fox's 2005 Fantastic Four.

https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-marvel-...r-doctor-doom/
    This would have been 2003 RD Jr who would have likely been booted off set because he was caught shooting up heroin.

If not, then he at the very least would have been more memorable than the guy they actually got to play Doom. He would have been believable as a romantic option for Sue and would have sold the jealousy and hatred for Reed but he wouldn't have been DOOM. His voice isn't right for Doom.

Funnily enough this would have also meant that he would have butted heads with Chris Evans who was playing Johnny Storm in those films.

I'm glad he got to play Iron Man. That's a much better option than Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Obviously, I need to do some reading this weekend. ;p

So, this is the second time in recent history history we've seen Doom gathering his magical resources?
    Yup. We already have something similar going in the Darkhold event. I do have to say so far I like how Doom is being written. The art is not to my tastes. It does evoke Mignola but less detailed.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    This would have been 2003 RD Jr who would have likely been booted off set because he was caught shooting up heroin.

If not, then he at the very least would have been more memorable than the guy they actually got to play Doom. He would have been believable as a romantic option for Sue and would have sold the jealousy and hatred for Reed but he wouldn't have been DOOM. His voice isn't right for Doom.

Funnily enough this would have also meant that he would have butted heads with Chris Evans who was playing Johnny Storm in those films.

I'm glad he got to play Iron Man. That's a much better option than Doom.
    I agree. I think everything worked out for the best with both RDJ and Chris Evans. I'm afraid that any movie appearance for Doom is still some years off. Of course the pandemic didn't help. We've heard no casting news about the Fantastic Four even though a director was announced some months ago. And there are no guarantees that Doom will even appear. There were tons of clickbait articles proclaiming Doom will appear in Black Panther 2 or Doctor Strange 2 but I really doubt that either will happen. Since the Loki series ended it seems the attention has turned more to Kang than Doom anyway. Notice that he has a mini series out now and I think Kang may be hitting the screen sooner than Doom. I'd like to see the movies keep that maybe they are/maybe they aren't relationship open as to whether or not Kang is one of his descendants.

I'd like them to make Kang's tech a variation of Doom's in the MCU when they introduce Doom since if I'm not mistaken Kang's first time machine was based on Doom's design.
    Last edited by Doom'nGloom; 10-30-2021 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    I'd like them to make Kang's tech a derivation of Doom's in the MCU when they introduce Doom since if I'm not mistaken Kang's first time machine was based on Doom's design.
    You are correct sir. In Stan Lee's Avengers, Kang comes across a time machine in an old castle and says it is his ancestor's. Later on Byrne muddied the waters by implying that Nathaniel Richards may be that ancestor. To make things worse, when we saw the inside of Nathaniel's abandoned lab, he also had the platform design for his time machine.

This is from FF#19, which was the first appearance of Rama Tut. Later he would be known as one of Kang's identities. At some point, writers started to refer to Kang's real name as Nathaniel Richards. But judging from Kirby's art, this looks like an old castle which is a stronger link to this being Doom's original time platform design that he found.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-01-2021 at 08:43 AM.

For those who may not have a Marvel Unlimited subscription, here are a couple of panels from the Ghost Rider story. I'm still a bit clumsy getting images from my Ipad

Alex Maleev is at again..... This morning he posted a Halloween themed Doom portrait he's offering for sale. If only my bank account could afford this I love the little Jack O'Lanterns!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Alex Maleev is at again..... This morning he posted a Halloween themed Doom portrait he's offering for sale. If only my bank account could afford this I love the little Jack O'Lanterns!

Spooky! I love it.