Page 19 of 62 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Congratulations! The Targets and Gamestops in my area have been cleaned out since last fall. So there were people other than myself looking for these! The only one I never got was the little Moloid guy. Today I just ordered the God Emperor Doom from my local Gamestop and they say it may arrive in June. I was tempted by the green speedo Marvel Legends Namor I saw at the FYE store at the mall. I have to be on the lookout for Zombie Doom Funko too. I picked up Wandavision Vision with his Halloween costume. Pretty soon they will be taking over my house!

I have variants of Sue, Ben and Johnny but they aren't in this picture. They kind of align with my Fantastic Four regular sized Funkos

Here are all the Funko Doom's I have

And here's a group shot without the mini Doom variant

That looks pretty cool!
    Right now,i have the four (main) Doom Funko pop's,but i'll pass on the zombie version,i think.
    Really love the "do not visit" poster!....is it available somewhere? (i have enough to hang on my wall....but am always curious about cool Doom merchandise!)

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mist@doom View Post
    That looks pretty cool!
    Right now,i have the four (main) Doom Funko pop's,but i'll pass on the zombie version,i think.
    Really love the "do not visit" poster!....is it available somewhere? (i have enough to hang on my wall....but am always curious about cool Doom merchandise!)
    I have the first Funko Doctor Doom still in his box since the secondary market has it going for hundreds of dollars
    . His box in numbered 17 in the Funko series.

You can still find that poster online. I happen to be at C2E2 the year that the artist had copies of it for sale at his table in Artist's Alley and I kept his business card. But he has a store on Etsy and he's offering the poster there
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-27-2021 at 11:03 AM.

Amazing Member

I have the first Funko Doctor Doom still in his box since the secondary market has it going for hundreds of dollars
    . His box in numbered 17 in the Funko series.

You can still find that poster online. I happen to be at C2E2 the year that the artist had copies of it for sale at his table in Artist's Alley and I kept his business card. But he has a store on Etsy and he's offering the poster there
    Yeah,i kept all of them in their boxes,the first one is very expensive on e-bay,for example.
    Thanks for the info on the poster!

Amazing Member

Went to the website...and the poster looks fabulous!

Went to the website...and the poster looks fabulous!
    And it's a generous size without taking up a lot of space on the wall.

At another C2E2 convention, I went to colorist Paul Mounts table and I got an autographed poster of a FF variant cover. I forgot what issue it was for and it is drawn by Arthur Adams. I haven't bought a frame for this one yet.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-27-2021 at 12:49 PM.

Amazing Member

And it's a generous size without taking up a lot of space on the wall.

At another C2E2 convention, I went to colorist Paul Mounts table and I got an autographed poster of a FF variant cover. I forgot what issue it was for and it is drawn by Arthur Adams. I haven't bought a frame for this one yet.

Ah yes,that's the variant of Fantastic Four#583!.....very nice!....it looks better than the comic cover,i considered to buy a signed by Arthur Adams CGC copy of that variant on e-bay,but i have a CGC copy of the regular cover signed by Stan Lee,Jonathan Hickman and Steve Epting....so i spent a lot of money already.
    ( it might be my favorite FF run of all time)
    Last edited by Mist@doom; 03-01-2021 at 09:58 AM.

Amazing Member

20201003_173246.jpg The autograph in the lower left corner is signed by my local comic shop owner.....some people asked,if i was insane,but i known him for almost 27 years and i consider him as the "Stan" of my area!
    He's funny and i have a lot of fond memories of visiting his store.
    Last edited by Mist@doom; 03-01-2021 at 09:54 AM.

Marvel Finally Publish Scarlet Witch Darkhold Comic After WandaVision
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...r-wandavision/

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Marvel Finally Publish Scarlet Witch Darkhold Comic After WandaVision
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...r-wandavision/
    Thanks for finding that bit of news. What a mess. I agree with Bleeding Cool's Rich Johnston. They should have gone ahead and released it. Instead we got a mess of King in Black stuff, of which I only bought the Iron Man/Doom team up. I have no interest in Venom related stuff.

20201003_173246.jpg The autograph in the lower left corner is signed by my local comic shop owner.....some people asked,if i was insane,but i known him for almost 27 years and i consider him as the "Stan" of my area!
    He's funny and i have a lot of fond memories of visiting his store.
    That's pretty cool! I never bother with graded comics because I just like buying the comic to read. I never intend to resell them and will probably give them to an interested relative. I did get Hickman's autograph a couple of times at different C2E2 conventions. He really surprised me by doing an entire Doom sketch since I gave him a little present....a little Toki Doki Doom to express my fandom for his Fantastic Four run and Doom's role in it. I was lucky to get hold of a couple of blank New Avengers covers from my LCS which I guess they make esp. for taking them to conventions. I got to meet Stan at the same con and I believe it was his last one in Chicago. I brought with me my Milestone Edition of FF #5. You didn't get to talk to him much since they just wanted to move the line along.

These two are from two different years that I went to C2E2. I also met Mark Bagley at C2C2 around 2011 IIRC and I commissioned a Doom sketch from him. I have it packed away and will have to get it out and take a picture of that.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-01-2021 at 12:07 PM.

Amazing Member

That's pretty cool! I never bother with graded comics because I just like buying the comic to read. I never intend to resell them and will probably give them to an interested relative. I did get Hickman's autograph a couple of times at different C2E2 conventions. He really surprised me by doing an entire Doom sketch since I gave him a little present....a little Toki Doki Doom to express my fandom for his Fantastic Four run and Doom's role in it. I was lucky to get hold of a couple of blank New Avengers covers from my LCS which I guess they make esp. for taking them to conventions. I got to meet Stan at the same con and I believe it was his last one in Chicago. I brought with me my Milestone Edition of FF #5. You didn't get to talk to him much since they just wanted to move the line along.

These two are from two different years that I went to C2E2. I also met Mark Bagley at C2C2 around 2011 IIRC and I commissioned a Doom sketch from him. I have it packed away and will have to get it out and take a picture of that.

Wauw!....You actually met Stan and Jonathan!
    Yeah,Stan for the most part,had to sign and probably couldn't have had more than a word or two with a person....but I think I would rather had a chat with Jonathan,about his ideas he had for Doom.
    In 2019,I met Scott Koblish and I hadn't much to ask him,because i was a bit startled...it came as a surprise he was there....he's a very nice person and there wasn't any line. (at that moment)
    He did a Doom 2099 colour drawing (I think I showed it on the boards) and before that i said: "i wondered if You would do a John Herod commission" and he looked at me a bit confused and said something like "who's that?",wich was totally understandable....he did a lot since then....
    but i was happy with my Doom 2099 drawing and just made an attempt to make conversation.
    Last edited by Mist@doom; 03-01-2021 at 01:44 PM.

Amazing Member

That's a great collector's item BTW!
    Well...I been a CGC nut and have some nice CGC items of comics with Doom on the cover....but I can understand people pass on it,they're expensive most of the time...I been lucky on some of them and got them for a reasonable price,but the one of Fantastic Four#583 was expensive. ( around $200)
    Offcourse,I have readable copies of the same issues of the CGC items...and I'm not really bothered with reselling them.
    Right now,I have the same problem.....i have to get stuff out of boxes,to make pictures of them....there are quite some items...so,it takes a while.
    Last edited by Mist@doom; 03-01-2021 at 01:51 PM.

That's a great collector's item BTW!
    Well...I been a CGC nut and have some nice CGC items of comics with Doom on the cover....but I can understand people pass on it,they're expensive most of the time...I been lucky on some of them and got them for a reasonable price,but the one of Fantastic Four#583 was expensive. ( around $200)
    Offcourse,I have readable copies of the same issues of the CGC items...and I'm not really bothered with reselling them.
    Right now,I have the same problem.....i have to get stuff out of boxes,to make pictures of them....there are quite some items...so,it takes a while.
    Most of my comic book fandom has been invested in the action figure lately or the Funko Pops. There will be another C2E2, which is tentatively schedule for December. Of course that depends on the status of the pandemic. I doubt I will attend. The last one I went to was in 2019 and it was last time I briefly chatted with Hickman. The buzz going around the convention was that the announcement about what his new project would be was going to be announce at 1pm IIRC. That was when the news broke that he would be taking over the X-Men. Now that Hickman has gone on to masterminding the X-Men's corner of the MU, he will be very busy if he goes to the convention. I first met him at the April 2011 convention when he was into his 2nd year on the Fantastic Four. I mentioned to him how the John Byrne characters like Nathaniel Richards and Kristoff have been very neglected. I brought it up because Hickman brought back Nathaniel earlier in his run in issue #581. If you recall later on we did see Kristoff become regent for a time in Hickman's Fantastic Four I doubt that I can take credit for getting Kristoff back in the Fantastic Four knowing how far in advance Hickman makes his plans. ;-)

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Thanks for the link! Aaron really doesn't tell us anything a couple of posters here already figured out i.e that this version of Doom has the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak. But why does he have to have that Juggernaut Helmet? Juggy used to mainly ram into people head first.