Page 8 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    What do the Doom aficionados think about Victor shifting his focus from Reed to Sue? The Reed focus was based a lot on Victor's vanity but this Sue anger is based on an actual event and an intentionally embarrassing slight.

I really doubt this will happen as the Reed/Victor bromance is one of the biggest relationships in Marvel Comics, but still...
    Yeah,it really makes me curious,to what might happen between Sue and Doom....i would guess it has to do with Valeria's uncle Doom relation,but i don't think that it is the case.
    But he is set to answer it himself,by the look of it.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

What do the Doom aficionados think about Victor shifting his focus from Reed to Sue? The Reed focus was based a lot on Victor's vanity but this Sue anger is based on an actual event and an intentionally embarrassing slight.

I really doubt this will happen as the Reed/Victor bromance is one of the biggest relationships in Marvel Comics, but still...
    Did you read Doctor Doom #9, with probably the ultimate Reed/Victor scene in their entire history? It was both hilarious and tragic....and one suspects that Reed was deliberately trying to undermine Doom in a very passive/aggressive manner.

I have to admit I sort of skim through Slott's Fantastic Four and really don't get too deep into it. I get the sense that it was a brief glimpse at some alternate timeline, using the new Doom armor as a visual cue that this isn't "our" Victor as things currently stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Did you read Doctor Doom #9, with probably the ultimate Reed/Victor scene in their entire history? It was both hilarious and tragic....and one suspects that Reed was deliberately trying to undermine Doom in a very passive/aggressive manner.
    I need to collect my ten issues of Cantwell's book and read as a whole. I did read the first half of the issues, but need to get into the later issues. My filing system is rather a mess at the present moment. As for Reed's undermining, I certainly believe Reed knows how to get under Victor's skin and what will be effective. As it stands now, I will need to collect those issues of Doom, at least issue 9 and read them. Your love for and knowledge of the Latverian leader has actually convinced me to clean house and tidy things up. This is a massive accomplishment, but one which may not ever work again.

You're not alone in being disorganized. I have been subscribing to Marvel Unlimited for a while now and I also redeem the code for just about all the worthwhile issues I've bought over the years. Space is the issue for me and I feel like I'm going to have to downsize the number of comics I've been accumulating. I have things just in random order in boxes. I really need a serious decluttering and I've been slowly working on that.

I bought the first Doom series TPB when Amazon had a good sale and I plan to get the second volume, which comes out in early March. I think the market for back issues is not that good unless you have a rare variant or perhaps a series that is considered valuable. I am tempted to just donate a lot of stuff but not sure who would want them. I will probably check online for some of the going prices on mycomicshop or somewhere like that. Then just take some of them to my LCS. He looks pretty overstocked though.

iMan 42s

Chiming in here and yeah space is an issue at the moment for me as well which is why I haven't been doing much Doom reading or getting around to printing the Doctor Doom helmet files I have (you'd think after a year I'd have gotten to that). I'm very behind on Cantwell's book and have just been waiting for trade as a result though I am aware of some spoilers. Honestly these days with the pandemic I've not been regularly back to my LCS in months so everything I've been doing has just been online. I'd prefer my Doom stuff be physical but that's not always going to be the case.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Chiming in here and yeah space is an issue at the moment for me as well which is why I haven't been doing much Doom reading or getting around to printing the Doctor Doom helmet files I have (you'd think after a year I'd have gotten to that). I'm very behind on Cantwell's book and have just been waiting for trade as a result though I am aware of some spoilers. Honestly these days with the pandemic I've not been regularly back to my LCS in months so everything I've been doing has just been online. I'd prefer my Doom stuff be physical but that's not always going to be the case.
    I feel the same way. Some of the less important Doom appearances I will be content just accessing online since I've redeemed as many codes as I could. But I would sometimes forget and then the time would lapse. I should try one anyway to see if I get blocked
    But for now it looks like the only Doom appearances on the horizon will be in PAD's Maestro mini "War and Pax" and I do think there is a jobbing on the horizon there. But there's not much now I am reading at Marvel anyway. I will be getting the digital version of the new issue of Runaways. It's been a fun series and Rainbow Rowell is a very talented writer. But quite honestly I keep hoping for the return of Doombot.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    But for now it looks like the only Doom appearances on the horizon will be in PAD's Maestro mini "War and Pax" and I do think there is a jobbing on the horizon there. But there's not much now I am reading at Marvel anyway. I will be getting the digital version of the new issue of Runaways. It's been a fun series and Rainbow Rowell is a very talented writer. But quite honestly I keep hoping for the return of Doombot.
    Let us know if you see Doombot in Runaways. The errant Doombot was always a favorite of mine since his first appearance in Secret Avengers and Winter Soldier in 2012 and 2013, then a regular appearance in Avengers AI. He was magnificent, without the brooding malevolence of the original.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    Let us know if you see Doombot in Runaways. The errant Doombot was always a favorite of mine since his first appearance in Secret Avengers and Winter Soldier in 2012 and 2013, then a regular appearance in Avengers AI. He was magnificent, without the brooding malevolence of the original.
    I certainly will let everyone know if Doombot reappears. I really miss him and he is certainly the most successful Doombat for establishing a life in the outside world. And I love the attire that artist Kris Anka gave him, right down to the old style spats.

Finally finished my review of the Doom novel! https://doomarchives.tumblr.com/post...6989998505984/ <-- If anyone's curious and has read the book already :P I'm always itching to discuss, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by connorhawkes View Post
    Finally finished my review of the Doom novel! https://doomarchives.tumblr.com/post...6989998505984/ <-- If anyone's curious and has read the book already :P I'm always itching to discuss, LOL
    Thanks for the reminder....I was thinking of buying a physical copy but may just go ahead and get it for Kindle instead. It looks like I will be following even fewer Marvel titles this year. I've been losing interest for a while now.

Amazing Member

If anyone wants to find out more about the new heroes reborn,Bleeding Cool has some new articles.Screenshot-2769.jpg Screenshot-2770.jpgScreenshot-2771.jpg

Amazing Member

At least it is Doom.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by connorhawkes View Post
    Still have to order harrowing of Doom,but i probably won't be getting around to read it anytime soon.....read a small portion of your review.....looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by Mist@doom View Post
    At least it is Doom.
    Thanks for finding that story. Well, it certainly is a different look. The helmet looks kind of dumb but I guess he needs since as far as I know it is still needed it for protection against psychic attacks