Page 25 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Doomscribe, this is the Doom statue on throne I saw on YouTube but I notice it's dated October 2020. I don't recall if it was posted on the old thread. I think this is pretty awesome and reminds me of a Doom cover from Marvel Double Shot

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 04-13-2021 at 11:41 AM.

Truly a modern-day masterpiece, IMHO. I would welcome another Doom ongoing series, if Christopher Priest were to be the head writer...

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]Truly a modern-day masterpiece, IMHO. I would welcome another Doom ongoing series, if Christopher Priest were to be the head writer...
    I would love to see Priest do something with Doom again too, maybe even a mini series. The only other time I can recall that he wrote Doom was in his Black Panther run. He has a pretty good dressing down of Magneto here

This is one of the most amazing illustration of Doom I've ever seen. Anybody know the artist?
    CA656.jpg

Glad to know Priest is alright in your book, Iron Maiden.

Also, I'll always treasure the partnership between Doom & T'Challa.
    In fact when Tony found out they were in cahoots, his reaction was positively priceless (LOL):

It's too bad that the relationship when bad during the Reggie Hudlin Black Panther series and the Doomwar limited series. There was always a sort of truce between them after their first face to face meeting in Astonishing Tales #6-7. Doom had discounted T'Challa as a ruler of a backward country but learned that there was more to Wakanda than he realized. IIRC this was when Wakanda was staying hidden and only the Fantastic Four had been there.

Quote Originally Posted by Chessboxer View Post
    This is one of the most amazing illustration of Doom I've ever seen. Anybody know the artist?
    CA656.jpg
    That one doesn't trigger any memories but the style reminds me a bit of Alex Maleev but I don't think it's him. that version of the mask is of fairly recent vintage, without the usual "nuts and bolts" started by Jack Kirby.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 04-14-2021 at 09:33 AM.

spoilers:
    In Guardians of the Galaxy #13 Doom makes one hell of an entrance.
    end of spoilers

Thanks....I'll be going to the comic shop this afternoon to get that and Maestro War and Pax #4

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

[QUOTE=Iron Maiden;5483246]Doomscribe, this is the Doom statue on throne I saw on YouTube but I notice it's dated October 2020. I don't recall if it was posted on the old thread. I think this is pretty awesome and reminds me of a Doom cover from Marvel Double Shot

That's a pretty cool statue. There are at least two other Doom custom statues I've seen recently coming out of China, meaning unlicensed versions, and I am hesitant to buy any of these despite how awesome they look. They look amazing but if I did get every custom out there I'd be broke and out of space in no time. Plus, despite my opinions of how Doom has been handled by Marvel, it's really not fair to rob them of their licensing potential. I do have some small pieces and figures that I've purchased over the years that aren't official Marvel pieces, but I'm trying to stay away from those. I also think the sculptors out there are really cashing in on other people's work, too. The Doom on horse scene on the back of the throne is indicative of a print from Alex Maleev, for instance. It's getting easier to lift other art work and mold it in 3D software, so a lack of originality is a downgrade for me. Not that Sideshow or Diamond have been especially groundbreaking either, but they have the imprimatur of Marvel so they get some credit on the style points.

Thanks for sharing, IM!
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

[QUOTE=DoomScribe;5485195]
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Doomscribe, this is the Doom statue on throne I saw on YouTube but I notice it's dated October 2020. I don't recall if it was posted on the old thread. I think this is pretty awesome and reminds me of a Doom cover from Marvel Double Shot

That's a pretty cool statue. There are at least two other Doom custom statues I've seen recently coming out of China, meaning unlicensed versions, and I am hesitant to buy any of these despite how awesome they look. They look amazing but if I did get every custom out there I'd be broke and out of space in no time. Plus, despite my opinions of how Doom has been handled by Marvel, it's really not fair to rob them of their licensing potential. I do have some small pieces and figures that I've purchased over the years that aren't official Marvel pieces, but I'm trying to stay away from those. I also think the sculptors out there are really cashing in on other people's work, too. The Doom on horse scene on the back of the throne is indicative of a print from Alex Maleev, for instance. It's getting easier to lift other art work and mold it in 3D software, so a lack of originality is a downgrade for me. Not that Sideshow or Diamond have been especially groundbreaking either, but they have the imprimatur of Marvel so they get some credit on the style points.

Thanks for sharing, IM!
    You're welcome. I think that this statue is probably 4 figures from the size of it. I was wondering if this was licensed or not so I would pass on that too. Not only for that but the steep price.

On another note, Marvel released some variant covers today for the Victor and Zora's upcoming nuptials in FF #32 (I really don't think this wedding will take place) I have to admit there are couple of covers that would tempt me to get duplicates

First of all, this Kirby splash page from Fantastic Four #84 getting a cover is awesome.

...and the Skottie Young cover is so cute!

I've never heard of the artist Peach Momoko and somehow one never associate pastels with Doom. But is well done.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    spoilers:
    In Guardians of the Galaxy #13 Doom makes one hell of an entrance.
    end of spoilers
    OK. That had to be one of the most bad ass end page(s) entrances by Doctor Doom (or, anyone) that I've ever had the pleasure to read. Full stop.

ds
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

It's too bad that the relationship when bad during the Reggie Hudlin Black Panther series and the Doomwar limited series. There was always a sort of truce between them after their first face to face meeting in Astonishing Tales #6-7. Doom had discounted T'Challa as a ruler of a backward country but learned that there was more to Wakanda than he realized. IIRC this was when Wakanda was staying hidden and only the Fantastic Four had been there.

That one doesn't trigger any memories but the style reminds me a bit of Alex Maleev but I don't think it's him. that version of the mask is of fairly recent vintage, without the usual "nuts and bolts" started by Jack Kirby.
    Thanks for the input. Yes I'm aware of Maleev and I definately see where your'e coming from. He's probably the closest I can see to this piece of work.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    OK. That had to be one of the most bad ass end page(s) entrances by Doctor Doom (or, anyone) that I've ever had the pleasure to read. Full stop.

ds
    Agree, that was an INCREDIBLE entrance and I hope it leads to something rarely discussed in the greater Marvel Universe: Doom has cosmic accomplishments nobody else has, things other major races and cosmic entitites should be aware of and terrified of. A single non-powered human from Earth has saved the multiverse, killed the entire Beyonder race, nullified a parallel universe, defeated Death, defeated Mephisto, absorbed the highest levels of cosmic power available multiple times, etc. We usually only see how his actions impact Earth but there are tons of other planets and living beings that his actions impact. The only reason he isn't treated as a Thanos-type threat is because Doom rarely shows interest in other planets/races but the major cosmic powers should be aware of him, his history, and his potential. I would love to see how Doom is perceived outside of Earth.

That certainly was an entrance for the ages. What I would like to know is if there is any significance to the sword Doom is wielding? I put the comic reader on zoom to get a closer look We know he literally has thousands of them

That certainly was an entrance for the ages. What I would like to know is if there is any significance to the sword Doom is wielding? I put the comic reader on zoom to get a closer look We know he literally has thousands of them

It's Hulklings sword Excelsior also called The Star Sword, basically Kree/Skrull Excalibur. You see him reaching for it just before that panel after Hulkling drops it due to Doom's attack.