Page 24 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Thanks for posting that.

Eh, not so fond of the art here. But Doom's dueling outfit looks interesting. Reminds me of a scene in an old Zorro movie

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Thanks for posting that. I thought they weren't all that evenly matched and it should have been over quicker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Yeah, Lex relies too heavily on kryptonite and he has no defence against magic as far as I know. It was a bad matchup.
    NP, Glad to have posted it and honeslty after the Power Drop Doom had when he faced off against Darth Vader even for Lex it was a tall order to have to scale to Dooms Level! Lex is a Powerhouse against Kryptonians and while he does tossal with other heavy tier characters, Doom does this on a regulare bases, so the outcome was expected even before the match.

But you have to have the DC most powerful human mind against Marvel's most powerful, so I guess it was meant to been sooner or later and I enjoyed it!

One of the Few times Marvel has a power advantage of DC, Doom is indeed one of Marvels MVPs!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Thanks for posting that.

Eh, not so fond of the art here. But Doom's dueling outfit looks interesting. Reminds me of a scene in an old Zorro movie

I agree, I'm looking forward to being disappointed. I don't know why artists can't seem to agree on whether Doom has hair or not. Even if you say he put a red hot mask on his face (I don't believe it), why would he be bald and scarred all over his head? Also, the armor should go over his head as well. That just leaves a huge weak spot, imho.

Also, whereas the dueling outfit looks appropriate for the romantic 40's movie vibe, the body shape is way too slender. These inconsistencies always get me riled up.
    Last edited by DoomScribe; 04-09-2021 at 05:29 PM.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

On a happier note, this has arrived to add to the collection in the Den of Madness - the latest Doctor Doom resin bust from Diamond Collectables.

2021-04-08 18.40.28.jpg

I like how the box proclaims it an "Adult Collectible - not a toy" but then says suitable for 14+. Not 12, not 13, but 14. Who knew?

2021-04-09 10.25.44.jpg

2021-04-09 10.26.13.jpg

The detail is pretty good, the cape and tunic are not cloth, they are patterned in resin. Very cool texture and detail.

Also my Zombiefied Doom POP came today also. Yippee!
    Last edited by DoomScribe; 04-09-2021 at 12:29 PM.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    On a happier note, this has arrived to add to the collection in the Den of Madness - the latest Doctor Doom resin bust from Diamond Collectables.

2021-04-08 18.40.28.jpg

I like how the box proclaims it an "Adult Collectible - not a toy" but then says suitable for 14+. Not 12, not 13, but 14. Who knew?

2021-04-09 10.25.44.jpg

2021-04-09 10.26.13.jpg

The detail is pretty good, the cape and tunic are not cloth, they are patterned in resin. Very cool texture and detail.

Wow.....I am glad to know that this Doctor Doom bust has your approval. I should be getting mine soon and then I can add him to my collection. I'm looking forward to looking it over when I get it. I like the emphasis on the sorcerer side of Doom that we've been getting along with the Retro Doom in the Marvel Legends series of action figures.

I agree, I'm looking forward to being disappointed. I don't know why artists can't seem to agree on whether Doom has hair or not. Even if you say he put a red hot mask on his face (I don't believe it), why would he be bald and scarred all over his head? Also, the armor should go over his head as well. That just leaves a huge weak spot, imho.

Also, whereas the dueling outfit looks appropriate for the romantic 40's movie vibe, the body shape is way to slender. These inconsistencies always get me riled up.
    I'm glad you noticed the his head has once again changed. When he lost his looks after the Infamous Iron Man phase ended, things got so inconsistent. When Zora first meets him his head was very misshapen. My only theory is that Mephisto put some curse on him. I would like some write take up that up but the odds are very remote that will happen. TPTB just wanted a return to Doom's standard status quo and really no one has put much thought into it beyond that.

Incredible Member

2021-04-08 18.40.28.jpg

2021-04-09 10.25.44.jpg

2021-04-09 10.26.13.jpg

Nice! Still prefer my Bowen Designs bust though.

Is FF worth reading, I only read Slott's first arc, it was decent?
    It's still written by Slott, isn't it? :/
    Urgh, Doom written by Slott. Huge meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Is FF worth reading, I only read Slott's first arc, it was decent?
    It's still written by Slott, isn't it? :/
    Urgh, Doom written by Slott. Huge meh.
    To tell the truth I've skipped most of his run after that Herald of Doom story. I still buy the comics but most of the time I don't read them. I may catch up this next week just to see what the status is of things. I've also skipped all of the King in Black stuff except the one shot by Cantwell with Iron Man and Doom teaming up.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Nice! Still prefer my Bowen Designs bust though.
    I do like that one myself! I do wish the Bowen design busts were more consistent in scale across the line. Like in this one, Iron Man is much smaller than Doom. I have the Bowen full sized statue but he's in storage right now. I don't really have a spot to place him. Most of my Bowen collection consists of the busts.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 04-10-2021 at 11:51 AM.

Incredible Member

I do like that one myself! I do wish the Bowen design busts were more consistent in scale across the line. Like in this one, Iron Man is much smaller than Doom. I have the Bowen full sized statue but he's in storage right now. I don't really have a spot to place him. Most of my Bowen collection consists of the busts.

Nice display! Yeah, when Bowen had to adjust the height of the busts for phase 2, there was a bit of a scale creep. The phase 1 Iron Man busts heads were small comparatively though, especially when you consider it's a guy wearing a helmet. I used the later classic version from the 3-pack with my other busts. It's bigger and fts in better.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

LOVE your displays, as usual, Iron Maiden!

2021-04-08 18.40.28.jpg

2021-04-09 10.25.44.jpg

2021-04-09 10.26.13.jpg

Wow. That looks beyond great! I NEED to have that bust.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Nice display! Yeah, when Bowen had to adjust the height of the busts for phase 2, there was a bit of a scale creep. The phase 1 Iron Man busts heads were small comparatively though, especially when you consider it's a guy wearing a helmet. I used the later classic version from the 3-pack with my other busts. It's bigger and fts in better.
    Thanks! I wish I had more of the full-size statues but the only one I have is of Doom. Have you seen those done my other companies with Doom on his throne? there's another new one out but I have to find the YouTube video again.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    LOVE your displays, as usual, Iron Maiden!

Wow. That looks beyond great! I NEED to have that bust.
    I should be getting mine at the end of the month from Amazon. You should try there.