Page 15 of 62 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Today is like WTF Day.

I am literally speechless at some of these announcements.

Though I am happy to see a Valerio Schiti Namor again.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I do like the outfit he's wearing though Except I'd get rid of the boots....looks too much like the Third Reich
    Pretty much everything about Doom in that pic looks a little Third Reich-ish, right down to the one arm salute. Have to check that image later to see if I can spot any hidden swastikas for a grand prize.

So any guesses on who the bride-to-be is this time? I don't think it's Victorious/Zora since I think that is here on the upper left panel. Maybe Morgan le Fey? Glad to see Namor there....maybe he can be the Best Man.
    Morgan or the Enchantress would have been my personal choices, but as long as it's not something creepy like an older Valeria transported to our time from a distant future, I'm cool with whomever he marries. I don't see it lasting, if it's a really powerful character, though. Doom's ego wouldn't allow him to marry someone that was more powerful than him, I don't think.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    These are nice! Love the art on the first one.

SVTU for the win!
    It took me until this many hours to realize what SVTU meant ��
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Since Cantwell's series ended I am thrilled every time I see Doom . Although I'm always a little hesitant when it comes to Dan Slott. I doubt that the wedding will go through, but I am curious to know who the bride might be, I always hope to see Amara, but that certainly won't be the case.

Valerio Schiti's artwork is great, so much green and black and red and gold... I really like Latverian colors; but yes, I too find boots and flared pants to be out of place, they are too fascist-style and anachronistic too.
    Last edited by FRC Coazze; 02-17-2021 at 03:03 PM.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Today is like WTF Day.

Where are these announcements at?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

And we have the more recent destruction of an entire universes by the Illuminati while trying to decide what to do about the incursions. IIRC it was Namor that pushed the button on the first one.
    Generally speaking, though, self-preservation is often more easily forgiven than simply wiping out a universe on a callous, emotionally fragile whim. There are any number of scenarios that Doom could have wiped out the Good Mirror universe that would have been acceptable, if not applauded. Cantwell obviously had something else in mind.

Part of me wonders, though, what if? Say, Doom knows that he has to destroy the other universe, but he doesn't want to, precisely because it offered solutions to quandaries that he had not resolved internally. But it's gotta go, or the mainstream universe -- or both universes -- will be lost. Weighing a decision like that and making the tough decision to destroy the Good Mirror would have still racked Doom's conscience, but that's why he's Doom. He's one of a few that can make those cosmically important decisions and live with the outcome. That's the ending that I was expecting. Good on Cantwell to go a different direction, I guess.

iMan 42s

Yeah I'm not feeling the wedding. Partly because I just don't care for Slott's take on Doom and partly because this just doesn't seem..., appropriate if that makes sense?

Like going from the perfect world plot where he ends up destroying the alternate reality with this idealistic version of his life on it only to presumably boink an unrelated person and act as if he didn't just have a crisis a week prior is a bit much.
    What's also a bit much is the promo image. The uniform's design seems inspired by Nazi uniforms and the salute is a bit tasteless for a character who is a Romani. Then the added band around the arm and while could be present on the other arm doesn't seem to distract from the fact that he looks like a fucking Nazi.

Did nobody consider what was on the cover? Or did Slott just say **** it and wanted to make Doom a down and out villain again?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

This promo image just popped up on my FB news..... Oh brother, another engagement / marriage for Victor? I do like the outfit he's wearing though Except I'd get rid of the boots....looks too much like the Third Reich

So any guesses on who the bride-to-be is this time? I don't think it's Victorious/Zora since I think that is here on the upper left panel. Maybe Morgan le Fey? Glad to see Namor there....maybe he can be the Best Man.

This is Slott. I wouldnt be shocked if it was a controversial plot twist, so my prediction is a future version of Valeria
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

The last thing I'm sure anyone would want to see is Victor marrying Valeria....I'd prefer he rescue the original Valeria from Hell and marry her.

Today is like WTF Day.

I know right? One other thing seems a bit out of whack here and that is for celebrating the FF 60th Anniversary, they should give Doom such a prominent spot in the promo. It wasn't that long ago that Marvel took them out of circulation for a while.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-17-2021 at 04:04 PM.

So, looks like it's gonna be a full new story arc named "Bride of Doom" starting on Fantastic Four #32, the first part is titled "Betrotrhal":

Writer Dan Slott and artist R.B. Silva’s thrilling run on FANTASTIC FOUR has been jam-packed with sweeping sci-fi storytelling, unpredictable twists, and incredible high-stakes adventure. What’s next in their masterful take on the Fantastic Four mythos? Get ready as a bold new saga joins the ranks of the Fantastic Four’s greatest stories, just in time for the title’s 60th anniversary!

This May, you’re invited to the wedding of… Doctor Victor Von Doom! And Marvel’s chief megalomaniac won’t be the only Fantastic Four character whose love life will be changed forever! The Human Torch suddenly must choose between his soulmate and his ex-wife. And because a simple love triangle isn’t enough, has Johnny Storm’s first heartbreak, Crystal, come back to rekindle their flame?! All this plus an ominous decree by Doctor Doom and a second tale in which Reed Richards duels his arch nemesis for the strangest prize imaginable! Don’t miss part one of this epic new “BRIDE OF DOOM” saga: “Betrothal.”

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...tastic-four-32

I wonder how this will connect with Doom being a member of the Guardians of the Galaxy...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    What's also a bit much is the promo image. The uniform's design seems inspired by Nazi uniforms and the salute is a bit tasteless for a character who is a Romani. Then the added band around the arm and while could be present on the other arm doesn't seem to distract from the fact that he looks like a fucking Nazi.

Did nobody consider what was on the cover? Or did Slott just say **** it and wanted to make Doom a down and out villain again?
    I agree. That's why I feel Doom's clothing is out of place, and why I don't like seeing any Nazi iconography being used for Doom. It's like dressing Magneto in a Nazi uniform. It's an insult to the history of the character. Still great art, though.

I know right? One other thing seems a bit out of whack here and that is for celebrating the FF 60th Anniversary, they should give Doom such a prominent spot in the promo. It wasn't that long ago that Marvel took them out of circulation for a while.
    LOL I thought that too when I first saw the promo. It's the FF's Anniversary, let's get Doom married! XD It's just me or they're using Doom whenever they have the need to get the attention on something?

Quote Originally Posted by FRC Coazze View Post
    So, looks like it's gonna be a full new story arc named "Bride of Doom" starting on Fantastic Four #32, the first part is titled "Betrotrhal":

Writer Dan Slott and artist R.B. Silva’s thrilling run on FANTASTIC FOUR has been jam-packed with sweeping sci-fi storytelling, unpredictable twists, and incredible high-stakes adventure. What’s next in their masterful take on the Fantastic Four mythos? Get ready as a bold new saga joins the ranks of the Fantastic Four’s greatest stories, just in time for the title’s 60th anniversary!

This May, you’re invited to the wedding of… Doctor Victor Von Doom! And Marvel’s chief megalomaniac won’t be the only Fantastic Four character whose love life will be changed forever! The Human Torch suddenly must choose between his soulmate and his ex-wife. And because a simple love triangle isn’t enough, has Johnny Storm’s first heartbreak, Crystal, come back to rekindle their flame?! All this plus an ominous decree by Doctor Doom and a second tale in which Reed Richards duels his arch nemesis for the strangest prize imaginable! Don’t miss part one of this epic new “BRIDE OF DOOM” saga: “Betrothal.”

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...tastic-four-32

I wonder how this will connect with Doom being a member of the Guardians of the Galaxy...

I agree. That's why I feel Doom's clothing is out of place, and why I don't like seeing any Nazi iconography being used for Doom. It's like dressing Magneto in a Nazi uniform. It's an insult to the history of the character. Still great art, though.

LOL I thought that too when I first saw the promo. It's the FF's Anniversary, let's get Doom married! XD It's just me or they're using Doom whenever they have the need to get the attention on something?
    Yeah, I mean why can't they make it about Johnny getting married instead? Is Slott just throwing in the towel and admitting his stories have been dull? I don't mind Doom having a guest shot but there should be more focus on the FF themselves. Maybe the big splash of this promo art with Doom and his Mystery Bride in a prominent placement is making too much of it. I guess they will reveal who she is in the betrothal story. Maybe Slott could make it like the old game show the Dating Game but call it the Mating Game. You could have Bachelorette #1, Bachelorette #2 and Bachelorette #3 behind a curtain and Doom gets to ask them questions to reveal their likes and dislikes.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Really hoping this a fake out wedding because I just feel like first that blonde lady in the Doom series and now this? Why are people trying to pair off Doom. We really don't need a Doom wedding bc we all know its never going to work out at all. I'm not looking forward to Johnny with anyone as it currently stands but especially not Lyja!

If they do this, who will be throwing the bachelor party though? I think that might be fun even if the wedding/marriage is forgotten in a months time.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Really hoping this a fake out wedding because I just feel like first that blonde lady in the Doom series and now this? Why are people trying to pair off Doom. We really don't need a Doom wedding bc we all know its never going to work out at all. I'm not looking forward to Johnny with anyone as it currently stands but especially not Lyja!

If they do this, who will be throwing the bachelor party though? I think that might be fun even if the wedding/marriage is forgotten in a months time.
    It all just seems like a lame stunt. I'm curious to see who the bride is. Someone mentioned Amara but I think that ship is sailed. It would have been cool to have that happen if she did have Victor's baby but we learned in the Doom series that she miscarried. Apart from that brief mention by Cantwell in the Doom series, we've had no follow ups with her. I thought he might bring her into his Iron Man series but I think Tony's wrapped up in Patsy Walker now.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

It all just seems like a lame stunt. I'm curious to see who the bride is. Someone mentioned Amara but I think that ship is sailed. It would have been cool to have that happen if she did have Victor's baby but we learned in the Doom series that she miscarried. Apart from that brief mention by Cantwell in the Doom series, we've had no follow ups with her. I thought he might bring her into his Iron Man series but I think Tony's wrapped up in Patsy Walker now.
    The woman seems too light skinned to be Amara who iirc had a darker skin tone, unless there is some mix up with the coloring :/

Honestly, we can rule out Wanda and others, either this is an OC or maybe Lyja? Another thought I had of a shapeshfting woman who likes to marry powerful rulers would be Llyra but no one has seen her in ages. Morgan Le Fay would be wearing something more her character than that wedding dress, so I don't think its her either. I just don't like how Slott writes Doom so I'm not looking forward to this at all.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

I do like the outfit he's wearing though Except I'd get rid of the boots....looks too much like the Third Reich

The hand gesture isn't doing him any favours either