Page 41 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Whilst checking arount tumblr found some great looking commissions done by Esad Ribic

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Love that Ribic with Doom and Thor!

The other one is nice too. ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Haven't tried it yet.

In other news, AIPT has a wordless preview for Darkhold Alpha, and while Doom isn't in it, Victorious is, and she's wearing her mask at the end of last week's FF. Since Darkhold was originally meant for last year, I wonder if the art was updated to include that development and when exactly it fits in Doom's timeline.

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/08/02/ma...ron-man-blade/

Seriously. Did they put names in a hat for these other characters? Blade, okay, he makes sense, but Wasp and Black Bolt????
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Love that Ribic with Doom and Thor!

The other one is nice too. ;p
    I think the mask is a bit odd but I do like that he has Doom posed with a sword. I lost track of how many of those Alex Maleev posted a pose like that on his twitter the past few years. Here's a couple of my favorites. He was selling some but IIRC they went for the 4000 range. Too rich for my blood!

I don't know if you ever saw this one that Ribic did...

Seriously. Did they put names in a hat for these other characters? Blade, okay, he makes sense, but Wasp and Black Bolt????
    They do seem like such random choices.

On top of that, I'm not sure which version of the Wasp is currently in use. That one does look like Jan at least. I get confused from some of the promo text just how Doom fits in to this. Here's from a June article from the Marvel site. I hope they patch up things between Wanda and Victor. At the end of Heinberg's Children's Crusade, there was no anger on her part and she realized that Doom was covering for her when he said he was behind it all, even going back to House of M I guess. IMO that was obviously false. Even Wolverine said he was lying for her benefit.

For hundreds of years, scholars and heroes alike have searched for the Darkhold—AKA the Book of the Damned, written by the elder god Chthon. Now Doctor Doom, one of the greatest sorcerers in the Multiverse has found it, and Chthon has found him. To save them all, the Scarlet Witch recruits a group of the world’s greatest heroes: Iron Man, Wasp (Janet Van Dyne), Black Bolt, Blade, and Spider-Man. But in order to enter Chthon's dimension and fight him, the heroes must read from the legendary Darkhold, which drives them utterly insane. Together, they’ll have to confront their inner darkness to overcome of the most powerful mystical threats the Marvel Universe has ever faced.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-05-2021 at 12:47 PM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I think the mask is a bit odd but I do like that he has Doom posed with a sword. I lost track of how many of those Alex Maleev posted a pose like that on his twitter the past few years. Here's a couple of my favorites. He was selling some but IIRC they went for the 4000 range. Too rich for my blood!

I don't know if you ever saw this one that Ribic did...

Oh yeah! The owner of this one actually posts his HIGH QUALITY collection in the Namor thread.

I really love Maleev's Dr Doom. The second Ribic has the mask tilted so he looks like he's grinning.

They do seem like such random choices.

On top of that, I'm not sure which version of the Wasp is currently in use. That one does look like Jan at least. I get confused from some of the promo text just how Doom fits in to this. Here's from a June article from the Marvel site. I hope they patch up things between Wanda and Victor. At the end of Heinberg's Children's Crusade, there was no anger on her part and she realized that Doom was covering for her when he said he was behind it all, even going back to House of M I guess. IMO that was obviously false. Even Wolverine said he was lying for her benefit.

For hundreds of years, scholars and heroes alike have searched for the Darkhold—AKA the Book of the Damned, written by the elder god Chthon. Now Doctor Doom, one of the greatest sorcerers in the Multiverse has found it, and Chthon has found him. To save them all, the Scarlet Witch recruits a group of the world’s greatest heroes: Iron Man, Wasp (Janet Van Dyne), Black Bolt, Blade, and Spider-Man. But in order to enter Chthon's dimension and fight him, the heroes must read from the legendary Darkhold, which drives them utterly insane. Together, they’ll have to confront their inner darkness to overcome of the most powerful mystical threats the Marvel Universe has ever faced.
    Yes, that's what we want. An UTTERLY INSANE Black Bolt who can destroy a city with a whisper.

It will be nice to see Doom and Wanda together again.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Oh yeah! The owner of this one actually posts his HIGH QUALITY collection in the Namor thread.

I really love Maleev's Dr Doom. The second Ribic has the mask tilted so he looks like he's grinning.
    Yeah, it almost looks like a Jack o'Lantern Oh so he owns that? Lucky (and rich) guy! I saw that custom statue he posted today modeled after Jim Lee's great rendition of HR Namor.

Yes, that's what we want. An UTTERLY INSANE Black Bolt who can destroy a city with a whisper.

It will be nice to see Doom and Wanda together again.
    I hope it will be on a lot friendly terms that back when Axis had everyone acting crazy. She was trying to kill him. I think that was the last time they were in a comic together and she was totally berserk. IIRC Doom had only power (I think it was drained from Wanda) to perform one act and he used it to bring Cassie Lang back from the dead. I think some writers didn't read the end of Children's Crusade or forgot it. Wanda wasn't angry with Victor and she realized he was trying to make it easier for her by confessing that he was behind everything since Disassembled. Wolverine at least saw it that way too.

So Black Bolt is currently off his rocker or something? I've not been following any of the Inhumans stuff...I'm not even sure what comic they've been appearing in, if any.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-05-2021 at 01:34 PM.

Yeah, it almost looks like a Jack o'Lantern Oh so he owns that? Lucky (and rich) guy! I saw that custom statue he posted today modeled after Jim Lee's great rendition of HR Namor.

I hope it will be on a lot friendly terms that back when Axis had everyone acting crazy. She was trying to kill him. I think that was the last time they were in a comic together and she was totally berserk. IIRC Doom had only power (I think it was drained from Wanda) to perform one act and he used it to bring Cassie Lang back from the dead. I think a writers didn't read the end of Children's Crusade or forgot it. Wanda wasn't angry with Victor and she realized he was trying to make it easier for her by confessing that he was behind everything since Disassembled. Wolverine at least saw it that way too.

So Black Bolt is currently off his rocker or something? I've not been following any of the Inhumans stuff...I'm not even sure what comic they've been appearing in, if any.
    The last I've seen him was in Death of the Inhumans where he lost his voice but I heard he later appeared in a Doctor Strange arc. I wonder if his voice returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    The last I've seen him was in Death of the Inhumans where he lost his voice but I heard he later appeared in a Doctor Strange arc. I wonder if his voice returned.
    Thanks....Just out of curiosity I may check out his listings on Marvel Unlimited. But they're not always 100% accurate. I've seen some missing entries at times.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

not to brag or anything, but this is mine from Alex Maleev:
    Red Doom with Sword.jpg

And yes, it was mad $$
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    not to brag or anything, but this is mine from Alex Maleev:
    Red Doom with Sword.jpg

And yes, it was mad $$
    Wow....congratulations on that! I don't think I saw that one. Must have missed it. Maleev probably made at $20,000 or $30,000 during the pandemic when things were shut down. Whatever he posted got snatched up pretty quick. He's been doing a few Spider-Man ones lately. I wonder if he will come back to Marvel? I don't know if he has an exclusive contract with DC for now.

There are some previews to Runaways #100 which sadly will be the last issue of the series. I'm going to miss Doombot. He's like a combination of Victor and the late actor Clifton Webb who was in movies like "Laura" and he was the original "Mr. Belvedere" I've changed my Avatar as my salute to him I had to edit the text bubble a bit because we can't use avatars larger than 120 x 120 pixels here.

I'd like to see Doom himself wear an outfit like Doombot's. The spats are such an eccentric, retro touch to it.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-07-2021 at 10:38 AM.

Unfortunately, that page posted above is the only thing worth mentioning about Doombot in Runaways #38. I hope he doesn't go in limbo and gets completely forgotten.

Doom leads a strategy session in this preview for Guardians of the Galaxy #17

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-13-2021 at 10:07 AM.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

X-Men Legends #6 wasn't a bad showing. Story by Peter David. Doom doesn't appear until halfway through. The story is a group of Latverian mutants have defected from Latveria and are threatening to blow up a building, I think the Latverian embassy but it wasn't specifically id'd. X Factor come to the rescue but so does Doom.

X Men Legends 6 cover.jpg

There is an appropriate dramatic entrance.

X Men Legends 6 pg 14.jpg

And musical interlude.

X Men Legends 6 pg 17.jpg

The story is taking place between X-factor #75 & #76, and shortly after Fantastic Four #361 - which came out around Feb 1992.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

I was just going to post about that issue too, Doomscribe. I bought issue #5 and #6 at Comixology since I forgot to buy this at the LCS. I figured I'd get both since it was a 2 issue story. Only a Doombot appears in issue #5 but I got more background as to what was going on.

Issue #5 starts out in a courtroom setting that is investigating what went down at the Latverian Embassy on Christmas Eve. A group of Latverian mutants are staging a coup of the embassy and are holding the staff hostage to force the world to pay attention to their demands. This group isn't squeaky clean and have a ruthless and unnamed leader who first off kills the receptionist in the embassy. Pietro and a few others are put on the stand to give testimony.

Now I have to say I do doubt that Doom has completely abolished Christmas. After all, he did have to play Santa Doom and fill in for ol' St. Nick that time.

Pietro's statement includes is a brief interlude showing Pietro and his wife at the time Crystal got the call from the X-Factor team to come help out with the situation. I liked this because it showed them in happier times before the stupid affair Steve Englehart cooked up with Crystal and some real estate salesman. Pietro goes on to explain that X Factor took on this crisis because both the Fantastic Four and the Avengers backed away from the situation. Pietro surmised that neither team wanted to get involved because JJJ's editorializing at the Daily Bugle was strongly in favor of the Latverian mutants holding the embassy staff hostage because they were rebelling against Doom. Strong Guy and Jamie Madrox decide to hit the embassy first from the outside while Wolfsbane does some investigating on what's going on inside the embassy. She overhears some of the staff discussing the situation and half of them are in favor of the militants succeeding. Then she is taken out by one of the mutants ability to project angry visions of her father (?) and that concludes the first chapter and setup of the story.

So in the second half of the story I liked that Pietro goes to find Doom and he finds him was playing Grieg's "Hall of the Mountain King"* when Pietro enters his suite at the hotel. Usually Doom stays at the embassy but I guess that's nitpicking. Perhaps he wanted to stay at a hotel that would provide a piano and he never bothered to put one in the embassy. But the part where Doom insists on Pietro taking him to the embassy cracked me up. Traveling so suddenly at that high a speed was a bit ...unsettling for him

Alls well that ends well as they say and I gather from the ending that the rebels didn't live long enough to brag about their short-lived fame or infamy as the case may be. Their names have probably been completely erased from the official history of Latveria.

*footnote: I liked that PAD references a composer other than Wagner here, which has been done in the past with Doom. IMO there are too many connections between Wagner and Hitler. Wagner was a favorite of Hitler's and Wagner himself was known to be anti-Semitic
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-15-2021 at 10:14 AM.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I really liked Doom showing up in X-Men Legends!

I have a question for the board? On the main page it says "Gypsy, Sorcerer, King" Do you think it can be changed from Gypsy to Romani? Simply because Victor in his Doom solo is very adamant about being Romani and it's talked about and I know that to the Romani people the word gypsy is a slur. I know the old comics all say gypsy but I thought it might be nice to be able to call Doom what he is since gypsy isn't how the Romani people identify.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I really liked Doom showing up in X-Men Legends!

I have a question for the board? On the main page it says "Gypsy, Sorcerer, King" Do you think it can be changed from Gypsy to Romani? Simply because Victor in his Doom solo is very adamant about being Romani and it's talked about and I know that to the Romani people the word gypsy is a slur. I know the old comics all say gypsy but I thought it might be nice to be able to call Doom what he is since gypsy isn't how the Romani people identify.
    Yeah Romani would be better as the word gypsy has negative implications attached to it.
    I really liked X-men Legends. Had a good chuckle when Doom fell off due to dizziness of high speed travel while refusing help.
    By the way this may seem random but how does Tumblr work? Yesterday I saw yours and I wanna subscribe if that's possible.