And this is another cover for Avengers 750
    Avengers 750 cover 2021.jpg
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Great art DoomScribe

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I think that would be a good plan. I read those issues and I thought Doom was smart in making some overtures to Steve. If things come to a boil and it looks like there may be some hostile resistance from the X-Men, the Avengers might need all the help they can get. Seeing as Doom's spellcasting was instrumental in defeating Dormammu, he could be a valuable to them because I doubt any of the X-Men can match his skills at sorcery. And they don't have to know that he kept a great deal of Dormammu's power bound into his armor to use at some future time
    I would not mind a new confrontation between them, I would enjoy to see Cantwell, Hickman or Ewing take on something like this but I think Doom may have some problems with Magik if he tries to use Dormammu´s energy, she has confronted him before on her lonesome and knows how to recognize his power

Also, I don´t think Charles or Erik understimate Victor, imo, this is possibly why they invited him to the Gala but this doens´t mean they will not keep doing their own thing. It´s an interesting state of affairs.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 10-16-2021 at 10:53 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Great art DoomScribe

I would not mind a new confrontation between them, I would enjoy to see Cantwell, Hickman or Ewing take on something like this but I think Doom may have some problems with Mgik if he tries to use Dormammu´s energy, she has confronted him before on her lonesome and knows how to recognize his power

Also, I don´t think Charles or Erik understimate Victor, imo, this is possibly why they invited him to the Gala but this doens´t mean they will not keep doing their own thing. It´s an interesting state of affairs.
    I know you like the Magik but you have to admit she would be in over her head with Doom. He's on par with Doctor Strange and even Strange admits that Doom knows more of the darker side of magic. I don't think she's at Sorcerer Supreme level and can spellcast as well as he can. Plus when you have a library of arcana that even Doctor Strange is envious of you have to figure his level of knowledge is far more than hers

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-16-2021 at 02:50 PM.

I know you like the Magik but you have to admit she would be in over her head with Doom. He's on par with Doctor Strange and even Strange admits that Doom know more of the darker side of magic. I don't think she's at Sorcerer Supreme level and spellcast as well as he can. Plus when you have a library of arcana that even Doctor Strange is envious of you have to figure his level of knowledge is far more than hers
    I agree with you completely Magik would have trouble to fight off Doom on her own, she would need help indeed, my point was just about her being capable to recognize and counteract Dormammus power, Bendis wrote a story just like that when he was writting X-men.Magik used her time travel mutat power to go to the past and study under Dr Strange to be able to defeat Dormammu who wanted to take over her realm of Limbo. Also with her it also applies the rule that she´s near undefetable when she´s in her ruling dimension but outside of it, she has less power.

So no , I definitely don´t think she alone would be able to defeat Victor but she would be more ready to deal with Dormammu powers than Victor is aware of which would come in handy for the X-men in the case of him trying to use his powers to surprise them.

One of the things I love about Victor is his knowledge and I would love for it to show off in a confrontation like this one.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 10-16-2021 at 11:01 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

I agree with you completely Magik would have trouble to fight off Doom on her own, she would need help indeed, my point was just about her being capable to recognize and counteract Dormammus power, Bendis wrote a story just like that when he was writting X-men.Magik used her time travel mutat power to go to the past and study under Dr Strange to be able to defeat Dormammu who wanted to take over her realm of Limbo. Also with her it also applies the rule that she´s near undefetable when she´s in her ruling dimension but outside of it, she has less power.

So no , I definitely don´t think she alone would be able to defeat Victor but she would be more ready to deal with Dormammu powers than Victor is aware of which would come in handy for the X-men in the case of him trying to use his powers to surprise them.

One of the things I love about Victor is his knowledge and I would love for it to show off in a confrontation like this one.
    Or she could become the Sorcerer's apprentice if Doom decides to take a one. But I would like to see that happen with Valeria first.

Or she could become the Sorcerer's apprentice if Doom decides to take a one. But I would like to see that happen with Valeria first.
    That would be interesting but I think Victor would have to gain her trust first, it was hard enough for her to go to Dr Strange because she prefers to deal with her problems on her own, it was neccesary Dormammu´s attack to make her go to him for help with her training and they are still close given Dr Strange called her the sorcerer supreme from Limbo and she´s teaching magic at his Academy, her time travel power allows her to get in contact with masters from the past and the present, so she deciding to learn from Victor would need some context but it could happen.

Now Valeria, it would be very interesting, she would be fearsome if she´s like Victor and can handle knowledge from science and magic, unlike her father and they already are close so hopefully we will see something like this in the future.

That would be interesting but I think Victor would have to gain her trust first, it was hard enough for her to go to Dr Strange because she prefers to deal with her problems on her own, it was neccesary Dormammu´s attack to make her go to him for help with her training and they are still close given Dr Strange called her the sorcerer supreme from Limbo and she´s teaching magic at his Academy, her time travel power allows her to get in contact with masters from the past and the present, so she deciding to learn from Victor would need some context but it could happen.

Now Valeria, it would be very interesting, she would be fearsome if she´s like Victor and can handle knowledge from science and magic, unlike her father and they already are close so hopefully we will see something like this in the future.
    If Christopher Cantwell ever gets to write another Doom series or at least a mini series a teaming up with Valeria would be good. Chip Zdarsky are ready set it up in the X-Men/Fantastic Four mini where he shows Val and her Uncle Doom having some secret conversations.

If Christopher Cantwell ever gets to write another Doom series or at least a mini series a teaming up with Valeria would be good. Chip Zdarsky are ready set it up in the X-Men/Fantastic Four mini where he shows Val and her Uncle Doom having some secret conversations.
    I miss Val and Doom interactions so a second series by Cantwell with her would be nice, especially now that she´s grow up. From Hickman´s run it looked like they keep their good relationship until she was an adult and it was endearing how much affection she has for him. Do you think Val knows about his plans with Dormammu and the reckoning war?
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 10-17-2021 at 10:08 PM.

I miss Val and Doom interactions so a second series by Cantwell with her would be nice, especially now that she´s grow up. From Hickman´s run it looked like they keep their good relationship until she was an adult and it was endearing how much affection she has for him. Do you think Val knows about his plans with Dormammu and the reckoning war?
    It wouldn't surprise me as a fan. But if you notice, ever since Slott has been writing the Fantastic Four, he really doesn't write anything about them the way Hickman and other writers do. I don't think he's written a single scene with them together.

I enjoy Valeria and Doom's dynamic but to a small part of me it seems kinda awkward knowing Doom once used her to probe on F4 and then sent her brother to hell. I know hardly any Doom fan here likes that story, myself included yet it's still part of the canon unfortunately. I guess Valeria has a little devil in her as well. It was even weirder when Franklin was completely fine with Doom in the latest X-men/F4 mini. I expected some drama in there.
    Last edited by Doom'nGloom; 10-18-2021 at 01:01 PM.

I know what you mean. I have thought that Waid went too far with Unthinkable and the way he wrote Doom. I've felt that harming a child would be beyond the pale for him but then I also remember Steve Englehart went there too in FF annual #20. Doom was going to swap Franklin for the freedom of his mother's soul. Oddly enough, I don't think Waid has written any Doom stories since, except the one New Avengers story where he was Infamous Iron Man. At least he adhered to the character's changes in that one.

The January Marvel Solicitations are out and there are 2 Doom appearances. Peter David will have another Maestro mini series which means another 5 issue story where the Maestro jobs everybody. I'm not sure who did the variant cover that features the alliance of Doom, the Abomination and Namor but that is one of the worst Namors I've seen recently.

Maestro: World War M (#1 of 5)

PETER DAVID (W) • GERMÁN PERALTA & PASQUAL FERRY (A)
    Cover by CARLOS PACHECO
    Variant Cover by ED MCGUINNESS
    Variant Cover by RON LIM
    Variant Cover by LOGAN LUBERA
    Design Variant Cover by GERMÁN PERALTA
    THE FINAL CHAPTER OF PETER DAVID'S MAESTRO TRILOGY BEGINS!
    A.I.M., the Pantheon and even Doctor Doom have all fallen before the might of the Maestro! Finally, he may now reign over his kingdom with a firm green fist. Except he didn't count on the Abomination rising from the dead and forming an alliance with Namor and Doom! And this dangerous new alliance is ready for war — WORLD WAR M!

Also, the Fantastic Four: Life Story mini series will have the concluding issue. I think the last issue I read was #3 so may catch up with this. Of course, it features a final battle with Doom. Considering their ages from the cover, I wonder if he will hit Reed with his cane.

FANTASTIC FOUR: LIFE STORY #6 (OF 6)
    MARK RUSSELL (W) • SEAN IZAAKSE (A)
    Cover by DANIEL ACUÑA
    Variant Cover by STEVE MORRIS
    • The fateful finale of the fabulous foursome's lives across six decades!
    • With the Doombots in place, Dr. Doom begins his conquest of Earth. When the world has no answer for Doom's might, the aging heroes join forces with the next generation, but will it be enough to stop him?
    40 PGS./Rated T …$4.99
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-21-2021 at 09:27 AM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

LOL! Exactly my thought on FF Life Story.

Always up for a SVTU!

Wasn't Doom on the cover of Excalibur, also? Just had time for a quick scan, so I didn't catch the solicit.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    LOL! Exactly my thought on FF Life Story.

Always up for a SVTU!

Wasn't Doom on the cover of Excalibur, also? Just had time for a quick scan, so I didn't catch the solicit.
    He will be on the cover for the TPB, which was used issue #23 where he appeared. It was mostly a fun issue. Doom comes to Braddock Isle because he wants to get something from Morgan Le Fey's castle in Otherworld. I like the call out to her which is the longest relationship he's ever had even though it is a bit sporadic. The one thing that was really bad writing by Tini Howard is that Doom shows up with Latverian child who is a mutant because he needs to go through the Krakoan gate. Yikes...didn't anyone ever tell her that the Roma history has these frequent accusations of child snatching? We never do find out who's child they cute little tyke is.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Could you imagine RDJ as Doom?! Because Brian Cronin mentions a book that says RDJ could have been Doom in Fox's 2005 Fantastic Four.

https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-marvel-...r-doctor-doom/
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES