Page 12 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Al Ewing writing Doom in GOTG? Hell yes can't wait!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Al Ewing writing Doom in GOTG? Hell yes can't wait!
    QFT..... This looks like it will be a wild ride. I hope Doom is not conscripted by force but is chosen for a good reason. That looks like a small army and it's a pretty powerful line up.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-11-2021 at 12:43 PM.

Also this completely came out of the left field which makes me all the more excited.

Ewing's done a great job writing doom in the past, so that's the main reason i'm interested tbh. plus Ewing hinting Doom in S.W.O.R.D. and the AIPT interview he did mentioning him too

I'm not buying much at Marvel right now. What issue of SWORD was that? Maybe I'll get a digital purchase at Comixology. I am so looking forward to how all these characters interact....first off Wiccan will be really uncomfortable since Doom was almost his stepfather. Given Doom's history with Squirrel Girl I doubt he will tolerate the presences of Rocket. I can't recall if there was ever a time when Doom has had any dealings with K'lrt

Has Ewing ever written Doom in anything else other than the Loki: Agent of Asgard series? That's the only I can remember.

It was the first issue of SWORD.

So he did Doom in an Iron Man Fatal Frontier arc and something in an Avengers arc where they were all in the future or something, I think? Agent of Asgard was the arc I had in mind though and really loved it. I personally am skeptical about Doom in a GOTG setting but Ewing is a good writer so I'll wait and see

Quote Originally Posted by connorhawkes View Post
    So he did Doom in an Iron Man Fatal Frontier arc and something in an Avengers arc where they were all in the future or something, I think? Agent of Asgard was the arc I had in mind though and really loved it. I personally am skeptical about Doom in a GOTG setting but Ewing is a good writer so I'll wait and see
    Not that I want to accuse him of anything but I wonder if this might have something to do with why Cantwell didn't get his second arc in the Doctor Doom series. The sales were acceptable but not spectacular. But then there's not been much data out there since the pandemic.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by connorhawkes View Post
    Doom's going to be part of Al Ewing's GOTG!? (Issue #14 in April, it says)

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=111176087

On the one hand, this looks interesting. Hopefully, that is Wendell Vaughn as Quasar returning. A sight for sore eyes.

But on the other hand, nope, not buying it.

BANNED

Finally a reason to read a GOTG comic!!!

iMan 42s

That's weird but I'm in.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I must say this intrigues me a lot. I've never read anything of the Guardians of the Galaxy, so this is going to be an opportunity to learn something about characters I know nothing about. The only thing I wonder is where the hell does Victor find the time to run a country?

Silly questions aside, did 616 Doom ever interact with the Guardians of the Galaxy?
    Last edited by FRC Coazze; 02-13-2021 at 12:45 PM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Doom has definitely been making the rounds lately. Makes you wonder if his MCU appearance is 'round the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by FRC Coazze View Post
    I must say this intrigues me a lot. I've never read anything of the Guardians of the Galaxy, so this is going to be an opportunity to learn something about characters I know nothing about. The only thing I wonder is where the hell does Victor find the time to run a country?

Silly questions aside, did 616 Doom ever interact with the Guardians of the Galaxy?
    I don't recall anything off hand but I did a quick search on the Marvel Unlimited section of Marvel's website and he does appear in Guardians of the Galaxy #30-39 from the 1990s. I think it was brought up by someone in one of the older versions of this thread. I'm not familiar with this team but it does have a couple from the original cast like Martinex and Charlie-27. This series took place in the distant future and Doom is still around but it's revealed that he put his brain in Wolverine's adamantium skeleton when he killed him at some point. The details are vague. But this Guardians team has little to do with the MCU version.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Doom has definitely been making the rounds lately. Makes you wonder if his MCU appearance is 'round the corner.
    There's been a lot of stuff on the usual comic sites that post a lot of speculation/rumors but nothing official from Marvel. It wouldn't surprise me if he gets introduced much the way Thanos was and there will be a few hints dropped here and there or an end credits scene.