Page 6 of 62 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by connorhawkes View Post
    In the middle of writing a review of the Harrowing of Doom novel and was getting all my materials to reference and found a brief interview by the author, in case anyone was interested!

https://www.trackofwords.com/2020/11...owing-of-doom/
    Thanks for linking to that interview. I was intrigued by his statement saying that he would like to write another Doctor Doom prose novel for Aconyte.

on to another topic:
    By accident, I did find out that there was a fairly significant Doom appearance this week. I'm going to drop a Spoiler alert here for those who haven't read this

******************* SPOILERS ************************************************** *******************

I think going back to the surprise last page of Stan Lee/Gene Colan Daredevil #36, Doom has to be the king of last page entrances in Marvel Comics. Now we can add PAD's Maestro: War and Pax #1 to that growing list.

Someone did one of those youtube video reviews and the title of their review for the PAD mini series Maestro: War and Pax spoiled the ending!

I always give artists bonus points for giving Doom a winter cloak that's fur trimmed. Looking over this first issue of the mini it seems to me that the Maestro is darn near unbeatable so there is the peril of a quick exit for Doom in this. He's not on any of the covers for this 5 issue mini series but the variants haven't been revealed yet on Diamond's catalog images.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-24-2021 at 11:35 PM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Random question here: when did we first see Doom with a strip of flesh in front of one eye?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Random question here: when did we first see Doom with a strip of flesh in front of one eye?
    The Jim Lee Fantastic Four run for Heroes Reborn.

Well, it looks like we have an event on our hands in May. It's not yet known if Cain Marko or Doom will be the one inside the Juggernaut armor. Doing a little googling, it was at one time the armor made from unstable molecules but he also had mystical armor from the "Crimson Cosmos dimension of Cytorrak"

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-25-2021 at 11:03 AM.

I almost finished reading "The Harrowing of Doom" and so far it has done nothing but increase my obsession with Latveria, so I did this:

stemma latveria piccolo.jpg

national coat of arms of Latveria.

I tried to write the motto in a language that sounded like Latverian using Hungarian as a base. I noticed that some of the known words in Latverian seem to be modified Hungarian words. I'm trying to make a map of the country as well, but it's a bit difficult to put together all the different and contradictory informations.

Regarding the new Heroes Reborn I don't know what to think, there is still too little information. Could be something like Infinity Warps?
    That Maestro: War and Pax appearance seems much more insteresting, I'll definitely check it out.
    Last edited by FRC Coazze; 01-25-2021 at 05:06 PM.

Extraordinary Member

How old is Kristoff now?? I used to think teenager but in the last appearance in the Dr Doom series he seemed older like mid to late 20s.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    How old is Kristoff now?? I used to think teenager but in the last appearance in the Dr Doom series he seemed older like mid to late 20s.
    We never do get any age updates on him. He did look older during Hickman's FF/Fantastic Four appearances but he really seemed to make a big jump in Doctor Doom #7. So your guess is as good anyone else's! I used to use Franklin as a yardstick because when we first see Kristoff in Fantastic Four #247, he looks about the same size as Franklin.

Here he is in FF #13, when Doom has agreed to hold off the Mad Celestials. He's next to Nathaniel Richards and looks about the same height

I have to go back and check what comic this is from but I believe this is Charles Soule talking about some further plans he has for Kristoff (he's in the sunglasses) He used him in his first arc in his She Hulk run. So here he is at least old enough to hang out in a bar!

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-25-2021 at 03:50 PM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Yep I remember that Death of Wolverine issue and the unexpected cameo of Kristoff! Soule used a She-Hulk associate as well, former senior partner at her ex law firm Mallory Book (the one in the foreground I believe).
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Thanks Ray, I was trying to remember what Wolverine series that was.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-26-2021 at 03:49 PM.

Double post.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-26-2021 at 03:48 PM.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Death of Wolverine, 2 of 4Death of Wolverine 2 pg Kristoff.jpg
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Thanks! BTW I was looking over that series and it reminded me how spectacular Steve McNiven's art was. Also around the same time (2014-16) Charles Soule did the She Hulk series where Kristoff was prominent in the first arc. He had gone to the U.S to try to get declared emancipated adult IIRC. I have to say that IMO the art on this series really was'nt a good fit and detracted from the story .

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-27-2021 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FRC Coazze View Post
    I almost finished reading "The Harrowing of Doom" and so far it has done nothing but increase my obsession with Latveria, so I did this:

stemma latveria piccolo.jpg

national coat of arms of Latveria.

I tried to write the motto in a language that sounded like Latverian using Hungarian as a base. I noticed that some of the known words in Latverian seem to be modified Hungarian words. I'm trying to make a map of the country as well, but it's a bit difficult to put together all the different and contradictory informations.

Regarding the new Heroes Reborn I don't know what to think, there is still too little information. Could be something like Infinity Warps?
    That Maestro: War and Pax appearance seems much more insteresting, I'll definitely check it out.
    Wow this is remarkable. Are you a graphic designer or professional artist of some kind? Really well done
    Last edited by Chessboxer; 01-26-2021 at 11:18 PM.

I found this variant cover by Skottie Young for "Maestro: War & Pax" #1:

Quote Originally Posted by Chessboxer View Post
    Wow this is remarkable. Are you a graphic designer or professional artist of some kind? Really well done
    Thank you! And yes: I'm a graphic designer

Quote Originally Posted by FRC Coazze View Post
    I found this variant cover by Skottie Young for "Maestro: War & Pax" #1:

Thank you! And yes: I'm a graphic designer
    Now seeing that variant cover just shows that my hunch is right about Doom's appearance here.