Page 57 of 62 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast
    San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Some of the other pages of Wastelanders Doom from the preview. This does look interesting!

Wastelanders Doom 2021 pg1 preview.jpg

Wastelanders Doom 2021 pg2 preview.jpg

Wastelanders Doom 2021 pg3 preview.jpg
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Yes, I know I will be picking this up. I think in the world of Old Man Logan, Doom would also be pretty old himself. IIRC this timeline was also revisited in PAD's X-Factor. It would explain why in that series Doom was very frail and was living in a run down apartment building in Chicago. This would track to the division of territories in Old Man Logan. The Red Skull gave Doom n the Midwest for his territory.

But I was posting today of the ages of the Fantastic Four in their thread and I recall that Ben ages slower than the others. I would like some writer to propose that perhaps due to Doom's exposure to the Power Cosmic, his aging process has also slowed down but he may not be aware of it yet.

This was pretty cool in Dark Ages #3 **
    Dark Ages 3 Doctor Doom design page.jpg

I'm thinking that Doom will take a dark turn in this book. He seems to be antagonizing the others but not acting on it, so seemingly more sinister than helpful. This is how it turned out in another recent book that was an alternate universe ... Fantastic Four Life Story. So this take on him is getting a little boring and overdone.

** Sorry to ImperiusWrecked I hadn't seen that this had been posted already. Well, it does deserve a second post.
    DS
    Last edited by DoomScribe; 11-28-2021 at 01:18 PM.
    "Because ... I am Doom

This variant cover was out this week (I think this may have already been posted). Doctor Doom does not appear in this book.

Death of Doctor Strange 003 variant cover dna.jpg
    "Because ... I am Doom

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    This variant cover was out this week (I think this may have already been posted). Doctor Doom does not appear in this book.

Death of Doctor Strange 003 variant cover dna.jpg
    I didn't get a chance to pick this up from the LCS so will try again tomorrow. I keep hoping that Doom will make an unannounced appearance in this mini. In any case, we should be seeing them together again in December's Savage Avengers

This was pretty cool in Dark Ages #3 **
    Dark Ages 3 Doctor Doom design page.jpg

I'm thinking that Doom will take a dark turn in this book. He seems to be antagonizing the others but not acting on it, so seemingly more sinister than helpful. This is how it turned out in another recent book that was an alternate universe ... Fantastic Four Life Story. So this take on him is getting a little boring and overdone.

** Sorry to ImperiusWrecked I hadn't seen that this had been posted already. Well, it does deserve a second post.
    DS
    It sure does. I like this design for Doom. Doom does seem to be on the sidelines for now but the February solicits of the final issue looks like Doom will take on a leadership role. I just hope it doesn't lead to a heel turn where he tries to doublecross the team to gain the power of the Darkhold. I hope it will lead to a showdown with Doom and Apocalypse with the thrashing of the Purple Man on the side.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-28-2021 at 05:58 PM.

Death of Dr Strange is taking place over lots of different titles ... culminating in a new sorcerer supreme (again). But Doom isn't mentioned in any of the previews I've seen, so I'm not anticipating much.

My LCS guys will hopefully let me know if I miss one.
    Last edited by DoomScribe; 11-28-2021 at 11:27 PM.
    "Because ... I am Doom

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Death of Dr Strange is taking place over lots of different titles ... culminating in a new sorcerer supreme (again). But Doom isn't mentioned in any of the previews I've seen, so I'm not anticipating much.

My LCS guys will hopefully let me know if I miss one.
    Yeah I was wondering if it was worth checking out to see if Doom was there but if he isn't then I will pass, most of these "death of whomever" stories don't really interest me to be honest. Thanks for letting us know DoomScribe!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Doom makes an appearance in the F4 Anniversary Tribute (XD)

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Doom makes an appearance in the F4 Anniversary Tribute (XD)

Holy moly. The dialogue is the exact same from FF annual #3 if I'm not mistaken but reading it again I just now realized it was also used in a cartoon from 1960's. I've seen clips of it before but now I can't find it on youtube.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Holy moly. The dialogue is the exact same from FF annual #3 if I'm not mistaken but reading it again I just now realized it was also used in a cartoon from 1960's. I've seen clips of it before but now I can't find it on youtube.
    It's the exact same, because the FF Tribute issue recreates each page of the FF annual, with modern artists. ;p

Didn't know it was also used in a cartoon, but not too surprised.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Doctor Doom Tiki mugs from Mondo!

https://mondoshop.com/collections/ti...arvel%20Comics

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I have to admit I had no idea what a Tiki Mug is...those dont' look like something you could drink from! But the MODOK one does look more like a drinking mug
    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    It's the exact same, because the FF Tribute issue recreates each page of the FF annual, with modern artists.

Didn't know it was also used in a cartoon, but not too surprised.
    Oh, it wasn't that bad. I mostly enjoyed it. Some artists were up to the task and some weren't. Seeing Patrick Zircher's page just confirms that IMO he should get the assignment on the FF some day. He's currently doing Savage Avengers.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-03-2021 at 09:45 PM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Doom and Victorious sneak peak in the Reckoning War.

From the latest CBR interview with Slott on the event:
    https://www.cbr.com/dan-slott-hints-...antastic-four/
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I didn't realize Carlo Magno was working on this. He's killing it!

Great preview pages, Ravin' Ray! I hope this event is worth getting. So many disappoint these days. Sounds like this has it's roots in Secrets Wars from 1985.