Page 10 of 62 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I need to order a copy of Harrowing of Doom, for sure. I'm so behind on my book collecting. I just realized that this oversized omnibus is practically a Doom omnibus! Not only does it collect the HR Return stuff, but it also collects the naked lion fighting mini-series! I don't think those have been ever collected in hardcover, much less oversized.

Heroes Reborn Return Omnibus HC
    The Avengers and Fantastic Four return from the pocket dimension of 'Heroes Reborn,' but the Earth they left behind still needs heroes! As waters rise and Celestials loom, will Rikki 'Bucky' Barnes and her Young Allies step up - or is Doctor Doom the iron hand this ravaged planet needs? Trapped on this Counter-Earth, the disguised villains called the Thunderbolts must choose between escape or becoming heroes! And the interdimensional Exiles drop in for a visit! But when Onslaught rises, Franklin Richards returns to the original world he created - and Rikki Barnes must summon allies from the real Marvel Universe! Collecting HEROES REBORN: THE RETURN #1-4; THOR ANNUAL 1999; HEROES REBORN: DOOMSDAY, ASHEMA, MASTERS OF EVIL, REBEL, REMNANTS, YOUNG ALLIES and DOOM; FANTASTIC FOUR (1998) #25 and #31; DOOM #1-3; DOOM: THE EMPEROR RETURNS #1-3; THUNDERBOLTS (1997) #51-52, #60-62, #64, #66, #68, #70, #72 and #74; EXILES (2001) #81-82; ONSLAUGHT REBORN #1-5; ONSLAUGHT UNLEASHED #1-4; and MARVEL SPOTLIGHT: HEROES REBORN/ONSLAUGHT REBORN
    Damn!....i am a sucker for this too!
    Was hoping to be done with omnibus buying....Larocca art is great!....i own a inked page of Fantastic Four#25 (Vol.3) and i believe they inked over original art back then.

Amazing Member

Todd Nauck sketch cover commission.

https://twitter.com/ToddNauck/status...535425025?s=20
    Cool!....there are some great commission's out there.
    Have some cool ones and a few "stinkers" if i may call it that.

Amazing Member

Todd Nauck sketch cover commission.

https://twitter.com/ToddNauck/status...535425025?s=20
    Mine are not as cool as yours.
    Marvel...get Todd Nauck as a regular Doom Fantastic Four penciler!!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I do have a blank cover of New Avengers that I took with me to C2E2 several years back. I was able to chat with Jonathan Hickman in Artist's Alley and I also brought with me the inked transparencies and the color guides from Triumph and Torment from a seller on eBay some years ago. He was so surprised to see them that he drew a Doom sketch on my blank issue that I brought with me. I forgot that he has done some drawing in the past

The pages I have from Triumph and Torment come in pairs since the inked part was transferred on to a transparent sheet and the color guides were done on artists' paper.

....then when I lay the transparency over the color guide, you get the final version that became the printed page. I met Mike Mignola at an earlier C2C2 and he told me that this was the old process of doing graphic novels that involved painting.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    A definite purchase, Reviresco.

I'll always treasure the '90s artwork of Salvador Larroca, and still wish he would return to this style of drawing.

Highly recommended (IMHO):

I agree with you....I like the LaRocca style of the 1990s quite a bit. The Reed in Doom armor arc was one of my favorites from that era

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    ....then when I lay the transparency over the color guide, you get the final version that became the printed page. I met Mike Mignola at an earlier C2C2 and he told me that this was the old process of doing graphic novels that involved painting.

Wow!...a Thriumph and Torment page....that is a cool item!!.....i have for the most part,90's and 2000's stuff.

Amazing Member

IMG_0062.jpg

From Dutch con's...not sure who this artist was.

Amazing Member

Attachment 105751
    and this is a bit of a stinker. (i.m.h.o)

Amazing Member

IMG_0063.jpg

Also,i have a love for the Doom 2099 series....thanks Scott!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Amazing Member

I agree with you....I like the LaRocca style of the 1990s quite a bit. The Reed in Doom armor arc was one of my favorites from that era

Yeah,i always loved that period too.
    this is the mentioned page.IMG_0069.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mist@doom View Post
    Yeah,i always loved that period too.
    this is the mentioned page.IMG_0069.jpg
    Wow... that's a cool page to own. I'd love to have a page that has Doom, Valeria von Doom and Lancer! It's too bad Marvel put them both in limbo. Lancer's fate is difficult to track. She had a brief appearance in Exiles #82 in a recap page so I guess that means she was still alive. But she never appeared in the story, just Rikki Barnes and the Young Allies. But after all this time I doubt any writer is interested in bringing the character back in this Heroes Reborn event coming up in a couple of months.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-05-2021 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mist@doom View Post
    IMG_0062.jpg

From Dutch con's...not sure who this artist was.
    I'm not sure either but in some respects in reminds me of Walt Simonson's style. I like the style. Your Doom 2099 is cool too!

I was able to meet Jim Cheung and his frequent inking partner Mark Morales at C2 E2 also a while back. I was able to buy this page from Avengers: Children's Crusade #7 from Mark. From what I understand the penciller and the inker frequently split up the art on issues that they work on together. I imagine some they keep, some they sell. I wanted to buy the cover to issue #7 but Jim Cheung was selling that one. The price was around $1,000 as I recall so I had to pass on that one. Sometimes I wish I had gone for it anyway but I had bills to pay, etc! Both of them were cool about signing it. Jim Cheung's signature is very tiny

Both of them were cool about signing it and you can see the signatures at the bottom. Jim Cheung's signature is very tiny and on the left. It looks more like a symbol . I don't it have it framed but maybe I will do that eventually

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-05-2021 at 12:38 PM.

Amazing Member

Wow... that's a cool page to own. I'd love to have a page that has Doom, Valeria von Doom and Lancer! It's too bad Marvel put them both in limbo. Lancer's fate is difficult to track. She had a brief appearance in Exiles #82 in a recap page so I guess that means she was still alive. But she never appeared in the story, just Rikki Barnes and the Young Allies. But after all this time I doubt any writer is interested in bringing the character back in this Heroes Reborn event coming up in a couple of months.

Yeah,i was lucky to spot it on e-bay,about 2 years ago....the thing is,they had pages for sale (on e-bay) with the description "Doctor Doom" on it....while they were Reed in Doom's armor,so,i took a look once in a while and found the page.

Amazing Member

I'm not sure either but in some respects in reminds me of Walt Simonson's style. I like the style. Your Doom 2099 is cool too!

I was able to meet Jim Cheung and his frequent inking partner Mark Morales at C2 E2 also a while back. I was able to buy this page from Avengers: Children's Crusade #7 from Mark. From what I understand the penciller and the inker frequently split up the art on issues that they work on together. I imagine some they keep, some they sell. I wanted to buy the cover to issue #7 but Jim Cheung was selling that one. The price was around $1,000 as I recall so I had to pass on that one. Sometimes I wish I had gone for it anyway but I had bills to pay, etc! Both of them were cool about signing it. Jim Cheung's signature is very tiny

Both of them were cool about signing it and you can see the signatures at the bottom. Jim Cheung's signature is very tiny and on the left. It looks more like a symbol . I don't it have it framed but maybe I will do that eventually

Love Jim Cheung's art!....and that's a great page to own!.....i like his Doom too!