Page 11 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

The same here....i have some more pages,some already framed,they were hanging in my previous home and been in boxes for 7 years,now. (most Mike Wieringo art)
    And bought some more,so,i will display them eventually.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I'm not sure either but in some respects in reminds me of Walt Simonson's style. I like the style. Your Doom 2099 is cool too!

I was able to meet Jim Cheung and his frequent inking partner Mark Morales at C2 E2 also a while back. I was able to buy this page from Avengers: Children's Crusade #7 from Mark. From what I understand the penciller and the inker frequently split up the art on issues that they work on together. I imagine some they keep, some they sell. I wanted to buy the cover to issue #7 but Jim Cheung was selling that one. The price was around $1,000 as I recall so I had to pass on that one. Sometimes I wish I had gone for it anyway but I had bills to pay, etc! Both of them were cool about signing it. Jim Cheung's signature is very tiny

Both of them were cool about signing it and you can see the signatures at the bottom. Jim Cheung's signature is very tiny and on the left. It looks more like a symbol . I don't it have it framed but maybe I will do that eventually

The same here....i have some more pages,some already framed,they were hanging in my previous home and been in boxes for 7 years,now. (most Mike Wieringo art)
    Well,i can understand,when you are a bit hesitant....because the signature is on the bottom,that maybe makes it hard to frame.
    Last edited by Mist@doom; 02-05-2021 at 01:22 PM.

Amazing Member

Wow... that's a cool page to own. I'd love to have a page that has Doom, Valeria von Doom and Lancer! It's too bad Marvel put them both in limbo. Lancer's fate is difficult to track. She had a brief appearance in Exiles #82 in a recap page so I guess that means she was still alive. But she never appeared in the story, just Rikki Barnes and the Young Allies. But after all this time I doubt any writer is interested in bringing the character back in this Heroes Reborn event coming up in a couple of months.

So,Lancer re-appeared in Exiles#82.....i only knew about Rikki Barnes appearance.....thanks!
    Maybe i can find that issue on a con,someday!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mist@doom View Post
    I have a Mike Wieringo page too! ....from Unthinkable / Fantastic Four issue #500. I bought this on eBay through inker Karl Kesel's agent. That was so sad that he passed away at such a young age. They must have given the artists special drawing pages since this was the 500th issue of the Fantastic Four. It's fairly thick. This one I did take to Michael's to get framed and they used that special kind of glass that would prevent fading. But after I moved about 10 years ago, I had a lot of things boxed up too. I may bring this out one day!

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-05-2021 at 01:38 PM.

So,Lancer re-appeared in Exiles#82.....i only knew about Rikki Barnes appearance.....thanks!
    Maybe i can find that issue on a con,someday!
    Exiles was pretty popular at this time too but I don't think they made it too 100 issues. It seems to be one of those forgotten titles these days. I will have to find the issues in Thunderbolts that are about Counter Earth and check for more appearances there. It's been a while since I read that. For some reason, Marvel Unlimited doesn't have many issues available for reading.

Amazing Member

I have a Mike Wieringo page too! ....from Unthinkable / Fantastic Four issue #500. I bought this on eBay through inker Karl Kesel's agent. That was so sad that he passed away at such a young age. They must have given the artists special drawing pages since this was the 500th issue of the Fantastic Four. It's fairly thick. This one I did take to Michael's to get framed and they used that special kind of glass that would prevent fading. But after I moved about 10 years ago, I had a lot of things boxed up too. I may bring this out one day!

What a coincidence!....i have about 4 of them.
    Have to say,i been very lucky....the pages are quite badass!

Yeah,sad he past away,just a few years after his work on Fantastic Four,i believe.

Amazing Member

What a coincidence!....i have about 4 of them.
    Have to say,i been very lucky....the pages are quite badass!

Yeah,sad he past away,just a few years after his work on Fantastic Four,i believe.
    RCO087_1582389945.jpgRCO005_1582389945.jpgRCO078_1582389945.jpg

Can't show them,right away...but these are the pages

Amazing Member

RCO087_1582389945.jpgRCO005_1582389945.jpgRCO078_1582389945.jpg

Can't show them,right away...but these are the pages
    RCO086_1582389945.jpgRCO112_1582389945.jpg and a few more

Wow....you have some pretty choice ones! the one with Victor in his suit is the best. That's the one I would have gone for if I knew it was available

I agree with you....I like the LaRocca style of the 1990s quite a bit. The Reed in Doom armor arc was one of my favorites from that era

Thanks. A big win for Doom. Truly a momentous occasion...

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Thanks. A big win for Doom. Truly a momentous occasion...
    Yes, I think Claremont balanced out Doom's character a lot more than Waid would a few years later in Unthinkable. It's this story and the one where he safely delivered little Valeria that IMO make Doom's actions in Unthinkable come out of left field. He was in a good place and had achieved two definitive cases of showing up Reed. The attack in Unthinkable was too random IMO.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Just saw this tweet on my newsfeed. Darkhold artist Cian Tormey posted a WIP for the book it seems.

https://twitter.com/krakoattilan/sta...01864453070851
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Just saw this tweet on my newsfeed. Darkhold artist Cian Tormey posted a WIP for the book it seems.

https://twitter.com/krakoattilan/sta...01864453070851
    Thanks Ray piece but that came out a while ago, before the pandemic or at least in the early days. There's been no news about Darkhold for a while so I don't know what the status of that project is... Here's the article about it from Bleeding Cool last June

Well, then someone read the actual Darkhold in real life, or at least it feels that way, as the world basically fell over. And it hasn't been rescheduled or resolicited since. But bookstores have just had a look at what would have been the eventual collection, scheduled to be published on 22nd December, 232 pages long, lined up alongside the release of the WandaVision TV show. This was, at least the plan – with Wanda now on the cover.
    Diamond Distributors Previews World site still lists the eventual TPB that would have come out but with no release date. It would be a shame of that whole project was scrapped.

Looks like from the Bleeding Cool piece the cover was changed at some point with an overlaid image of Wanda. Now it makes sense that Doom took an early exit in Aaron's Phoenix story and was only in a one shot done by Cantwell for King in Black. Marvel just didn't want do go overboard with the Doom appearances right after another I guess.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-09-2021 at 11:24 AM.

Doom's going to be part of Al Ewing's GOTG!? (Issue #14 in April, it says)

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=111176087

Astonishing Member

Lol, that was unexpected. It will be very interesting to see Doom in the team.