Page 14 of 62 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I just bought the first 10 issues—was the book cancelled?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I just bought the first 10 issues—was the book cancelled?
    The Cantwell Doom was cancelled and might've sped up some plans for what ultimately came out. It did have another planned arc.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I guess Marvel does have to consider the bottom line. Even though you could say that it was a prestige project since it did get an Eisner nomination last year while it was on hiatus from the pandemic. From what I can tell, the sales did drop when it returned to print later in the fall. I guess people just forgot about it. It ranked ahead of Fantastic Four for March 2020 at 49th but by the time it returned in late September, the interest seemed to wane over months. Diamond Distributors doesn't publicize much sales info these day so Comichron does what it can to piece things together. The last figures I've seen shows it ranked at #57 for issue #7 and 65th for issue #8 After that, the data is very limited and they only give out top 25 rankings.

My thought is that sometimes comic book companies are going mostly for these big events and crossovers. The smaller stuff doesn't get as much attention in their marketing. Runaways is another title that disappeared for a while. And the pandemic was a big momentum killer for a lot of titles, esp a relatively new launch like this. Who knows what could have been had there been no massive interruption for smaller things like this on up to major businesses that were forced to close their doors forever.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    I love the Valentines! But what the heck is going on in those panels with Boom Boom???
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    A day late but I found a few Doom Valentines on tumblr that I wanted to share!

Nothing says love like a chainsaw I suppose! The caption on this fanart wished everyone a happy valentines day.

Also Doom and Namor!

These are nice! Love the art on the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Awwww....I like these valentines you guys found the one with Wanda and Victor is so cute! And what can you say about Doom and Namor....we need these 2 in a story together again!
    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    We definitely do! It's been far too long since their last meeting. (Not counting Enter the Phoenix because that comic is trash)
    Thanks for adding some more Valentines, IW! I can't understand why Marvel has kept them apart so long. I wish Marvel would revive their team up titles, maybe one for the heroes like the original and one for the bad guys or even not so bad guys
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m hoping Cantwell has a story lined up between the two monarchs soon.

SVTU for the win!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    Thanos only killed half of everything in 616, not the whole multiverse. The Infinity Gems can't affect any universes outside of their native ones.
    I stand corrected. Then, yep, Doom is one of the all-time leading universal scale mass murderers in the MU.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I love the Valentines! But what the heck is going on in those panels with Boom Boom???
    Boom Boom Von Doom.jpg

New Mutants Annual #5, Boom Boom is having a teen dream sequence of courting different heroes/villains.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    New Mutants Annual #5, Boom Boom is having a teen dream sequence of courting different heroes/villains.
    Oh, thank goodness. A DREAM!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Bogdanove before his art became too ugly to bare.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I honestly think Ewing will address it in some way to make Doom more palatable. It's either that, or he'll frame the plot in a way that even working with someone as reprehensible and vile as a mass murder is necessary to save far more lives.

Obviously, I'm not the biggest Doom fan, but I wouldn't want this level of atrocity hanging over Doom's head. If Thanos wipes out a universe that's fine, but not Doom. At least not for such simplistic reasons as not being able to countenance his own shortcomings during the briefest of exchanges. Reed may have primed him, and Good Doom may have acted as an accelerant, but an adult, let alone a ruling monarch, has to have better restraint than that.

I almost feel like Cantwell was going for a Michael Corleone rise to Godfather unveiling with various sequences of violent and, in his eyes, necessarily despicable acts proving to be Doom's crowning moment. But he went too far in wiping out the "Good Mirror" universe.
    I don't recall which event it was (decades back), but most of the Avengers went off to kill some entity (might have been Ego the Living Planet, but am not sure).

Naturally, Captain America refused to take part in it, which included the Eric Masterson Thor, although he had some misgivings. Quasar asked Rogers if he wanted Quasar to stop them, but Steve said let them go ahead.

It turned out later - I think in one of the Kang World Conquest events - that Kang or some other entity had been influencing the Avengers. Otherwise, they wouldn't have gone out on a killing spree, on their own.

So if it turned out that Doom was being influenced mentally by Kang or some other entity, then that would bring him back to mere Noble Genius Flawed Egotist status, and not necessarily a mass murderer.

In Operation Galactic Storm they debated killing the Kree Supreme Intelligence after he started a war and half of the Avengers did it. Any story trying to retcon the best part of that event is a joke.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    In Operation Galactic Storm they debated killing the Kree Supreme Intelligence after he started a war and half of the Avengers did it. Any story trying to retcon the best part of that event is a joke.
    And we have the more recent destruction of an entire universes by the Illuminati while trying to decide what to do about the incursions. IIRC it was Namor that pushed the button on the first one. But Reed and BP built the antimatter bombs. And Thanos and his Cabal just picked up where they left off and were far more cruel to the worlds they were going to destroy, making the people suffer before their destruction. So there's a lot of guilt to go around when it come to dealing with other universes.

Chris Cantwell's excuse for Doom is very weak and he says he views it as a crime of passion. Even though the other universe was just cannon fodder it's still an extreme response to his inner conflict.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-17-2021 at 11:19 AM.

This promo image just popped up on my FB news..... Oh brother, another engagement / marriage for Victor? I do like the outfit he's wearing though Except I'd get rid of the boots....looks too much like the Third Reich

So any guesses on who the bride-to-be is this time? I don't think it's Victorious/Zora since I think that is here on the upper left panel. Maybe Morgan le Fey? Glad to see Namor there....maybe he can be the Best Man.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-17-2021 at 11:32 AM.

BANNED

This promo image just popped up on my FB news..... Oh brother, another engagement / marriage for Victor? I do like the outfit he's wearing though Except I'd get rid of the boots....looks too much like the Third Reich

So any guesses on who the bride-to-be is this time? I don't think it's Victorious/Zora since I think that is here on the upper left panel. Maybe Morgan le Fey? Glad to see Namor there....maybe he can be the Best Man.

I think Doom getting married would be a legit cool storyline to do, it just sucks that Dan Slott's writing this.

Knowing him from his Spider-Man run and his typical style (a sorta homage to a much better older issue mixed with some faux-clever stylistic feint that plays like a parody and spoof that isn't funny), you can bet that this will be some clever allusion/inversion of Reed-Sue's Wedding Issue where Doom and others tried to crash it...instead it will be Reed and the FF and other heroes crashing Doom's wedding and so on. Then there will be a twist and so on, and it will be a thudding bore.

I feel the same way. I have had Fantastic Four on my pull list at the LCS and I keep bringing it home but mostly just glance through them. I just wonder how they are going to juggle this storyline with Doom being one of the Guardians of the Galaxy. I'd rather they kept Doom's solo series going instead of having him at the mercy of Slott again I have a lot more faith in Ewing's GOTG than this though.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-17-2021 at 03:49 PM.