Page 21 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I did get myself addition to my growing army of Doom action figures and Funkos. Today I picked up the Zombie Doctor Doom at the Hot Topic store in the mall. Now if they would only come up with a Doom 2099 Funko, or anything Doom 2099! I think I would prefer the Presidential armor.

Hey, there's some creepy clown crashing the photo op!

This Doom is really messed up. His right arm is just a stump with the bone exposed. I noticed the skin on the face is a slightly dark...makes me wonder if they are just showing more damage, decaying skin, etc. Or are they making him look like a Roma??

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-22-2021 at 09:45 PM.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Cool Funko collection, IM. I'm due to get the zombiefied Doom from Amazon next week.

I took another run at the paintable heroclix, modified the "power" bloom as follows:
    2021-03-24 18.32.41.jpg

2021-03-24 18.34.14.jpg

Took off the paint and then used some gel pens - I had some sparkly ones in the appropriate colors. You can't get into the little cracks and crevices with the pen like you can with a paint brush, but the overall effect was 100x better. I don't know how permanent it will be though. Could use a clear coat spray over it, but it will be basically untouched from now on. So, will leave as is for now. Thanks, IM, I owe it to your suggestion, and even though not paints this came out better.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    Cool Funko collection, IM. I'm due to get the zombiefied Doom from Amazon next week.
    I hesitated on picking this up at the Hot Topic in the mall but in the end I decided to add it. The mini Dooms came from the Mystery Minis wave they had of the Fantastic Four. I wasn't a fan of the Zombified Doom...for one thing he didn't last very long in the series once the heroes Zombies feasted on Galactus. I did like the mini series with Ash from the Evil Dead where Doom had set up his Castle as a refuge for as many Latverians he could fit into it, except he did choose the young and physically fit ones. He figured they would be the best chance for the human race to survive. He also provided shelter for Wanda IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post

I took another run at the paintable heroclix, modified the "power" bloom as follows:
    2021-03-24 18.32.41.jpg

2021-03-24 18.34.14.jpg

Took off the paint and then used some gel pens - I had some sparkly ones in the appropriate colors. You can't get into the little cracks and crevices with the pen like you can with a paint brush, but the overall effect was 100x better. I don't know how permanent it will be though. Could use a clear coat spray over it, but it will be basically untouched from now on. So, will leave as is for now. Thanks, IM, I owe it to your suggestion, and even though not paints this came out better.
    That does look a lot better. I like the two different shades of green, like Retro Doom.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-24-2021 at 11:45 PM.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Discovered: Some old old sketches of mine of Doom 2099. Had these in a folder at work (which means I did them at work ... shhh ... don't tell anyone, this was some choice goof-off time). They were done on the backs of folders and in the margins of notes. Obviously some riveting meetings. These were my favorite.

Doom 2099 firing.jpg

Doom 2099 turning.jpg

Doom 2099 color profile.jpg

ds
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Wow. I like those Doomscribe! I tried my hand at some Marvel characters but I mostly swiped from pages of the comics!

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Victor imo is one of the hardest characters to draw bc I certainly have such a hard time trying! those are very good doomscribe!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

I know the '90s ain't anyone's favorite, but this Jae Lee rendition of Doom is an all-time favorite...

Last edited by K7P5V; 03-28-2021 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

I liked Jae Lee's work too, and he stayed with Marvel for many years. IMO he doesn't get enough recognition. He was doing the Stephen King inspired comics for a while but I don't think he's done any Marvel work for years. IMO his best work was on Grant Morrison's limited series Fantastic Four 1234 and the Eisner winning Inhumans series with Paul Jenkins. I can't find the article online anymore but IIRC some of his pages from Fantastic Four 1234 were put on exhibit at the Museum of Illustration (?) in New York.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-28-2021 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    That is one creepy MODOK

Yeah, sort of like he was in the cast of the Walking Dead, or should I say floating Dead Head

In agreement with you about Jae Lee being DA BOMB, and I'm hoping there will be more projects from him in the near future.

Another favorite artist who seems to have reached his full potential, and seemingly has a bright future ahead of him would be...

Patrick Zircher

Fantastic Member

So. I've never been a huge Doom fan. Always found him kind of hammy and ridiculous. However after finally grabbing Marvel Unlimited and reading through Hickman's Avengers & Secret Wars, he has really grown on me. What would the true Doom fans consider to be essential reading?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Czarnian View Post
    So. I've never been a huge Doom fan. Always found him kind of hammy and ridiculous. However after finally grabbing Marvel Unlimited and reading through Hickman's Avengers & Secret Wars, he has really grown on me. What would the true Doom fans consider to be essential reading?
    Many excellent selections to choose from, but you definitely can't-go-wrong with...

Triumph & Torment

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Czarnian View Post
    I'm not a long time comic reader so my knowledge is limited but Books of Doom from Brubaker is a nice introduction to the character.

Fantastic Member

Thanks for both choices there. I'll be taking a look, most assuredly.