Page 32 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I was hoping that Doom would wear something more flashy and ornate for this. But maybe this is his way showing his low opinion of the gala and he just wore just the standard version of his armor.
    Yeah, without reading the Gala issues (will wait on Marvel Unlimited), I do believe Doom is just being diplomatic (as much as his laughing fits will allow) while internally he's just sneering at all the haute couture on display as below traditional high or even daily Latverian regalia. Heck, this Gala makes me want to compare it to all the dresses the ladies wore at Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding, complete with fascinators!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Yeah, without reading the Gala issues (will wait on Marvel Unlimited), I do believe Doom is just being diplomatic (as much as his laughing fits will allow) while internally he's just sneering at all the haute couture on display as below traditional high or even daily Latverian regalia. Heck, this Gala makes me want to compare it to all the dresses the ladies wore at Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding, complete with fascinators!
    I also think that maybe deep down Doom is…jealous. All those fancy Latverian state diplomacy functions which nobody attended even though Latveria is an old country but then suddenly Krakoa comes along and they get all the attention.

There might be some old fashioned Romani peasant resentment underneath it all.

Well, Brian need not come up with an almost married Doom list. CBR already made one last March! Was this posted here and I overlooked it?

10 Times Doctor Doom Found Love
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Well, Brian need not come up with an almost married Doom list. CBR already made one last March! Was this posted here and I overlooked it?

10 Times Doctor Doom Found Love
    Are you talking about columnist Brian Cronin? Most of the time I have a hard time finding his column on the front page these days. Things get pushed down so fast.

No, I think I read the article but didn't bother to post it. I guess I didn't think it was any "new" information. But it's good to be reminded. I have that issue of What IF #114 where Doom has a son with the Enchantress....but she also had a child with Thor. I think that child was female. But the Enchantress was mysteriously missing in the story and her fate was not revealed
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-03-2021 at 09:13 AM.

I am probably wrong but is this the first Doctor Doom appearance in a podcast? Marvel just launched Wastelanders: Old Man Quill

Voice cast

Peter Quill: Timothy Busfield
    Rocket Racoon: Chris Elliott (there's a name from the past from David Letterman's old show)
    Emma Frost: Vanessa Williams
    Red: Danny Glover

I haven't set aside the time to listen to this yet. Doom is part of the story but I haven't seen the name of voice actor yet. If you've read the Old Man Logan maxi, Doom was in charge of the Midwest territory when the villains divided up the United States. Victor and Emma Frost were married in this but later on she dies.

This is a pretty cool variant cover by ACO for Fantastic Four: Life Story #1. It definitely has a 70s look to it

It will be interesting to see how works Victor into the story. We've had no mention of him at all issue #1, when he would have been at university with Reed and Ben.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-07-2021 at 10:19 AM.

BANNED

This is a pretty cool variant cover by ACO for Fantastic Four: Life Story #1. It definitely has a 70s look to it

It will be interesting to see how works Victor into the story. We've had no mention of him at all issue #1, when he would have been at university with Reed and Ben. It could be in

It's following on the marketing of Zdarsky's Life Story, this was the '70s cover.

Thanks for posting that. Both of those would make great posters.

My previous post got a bit messed up when my PC froze and I had to reboot. so I will finish my thoughts here

What I was going to mention is that I was wondering how Mark Russell will bring in Doom since we've had no mention of him at all in issue #1. I'm guessing that while Victor has been secluded for a while as in the original and is seething with thoughts of Reed. But on their part Reed and Ben have forgotten all about him. In their view it was such a minor incident and they just never really thought about it much in the intervening years.

Just an observation but if that is Norman Osborn in the bottom corner, he looks a lot like actor George Sanders from the 1940s
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-07-2021 at 10:56 AM.

BANNED

Thanks for posting that. Both of those would make great posters.

My previous post got a bit messed up when my PC froze and I had to reboot. so I will finish my thoughts here

What I was going to mention is that I was wondering how Mark Russell will bring in Doom since we've had no mention of him at all in issue #1. I'm guessing that while Victor has been secluded for a while as in the original and his seething with thoughts of Reed. But on their part Reed and Ben have forgotten all about him. In their view it was such a minor incident and they just never really thought about it much in the intervening years.

Just an observation but if that is Norman Osborn in the bottom corner, he looks a lot like actor George Sanders from the 1940s
    That's Harry Osborn at the bottom. Norman was in fact modeled on the actor Joseph Cotten, complete with that weird corn-row hairstyle (https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/...14,317_AL_.jpg). Cotten played a serial killer for Hitchcock in Shadow of a Doubt (while he's well known for his Welles movies, the Hitchcock movie was the biggest hit in his career at that point).

The art-style by Bagley in the interiors though is not at all like the cover-art here. This is a variant.

I too would be curious about how they handle Doom. I wonder if they'll make Doom analogous to the Ayatollah taking over Iran and the Iran Hostage crisis?

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    That's Harry Osborn at the bottom. Norman was in fact modeled on the actor Joseph Cotten, complete with that weird corn-row hairstyle (https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/...14,317_AL_.jpg). Cotten played a serial killer for Hitchcock in Shadow of a Doubt (while he's well known for his Welles movies, the Hitchcock movie was the biggest hit in his career at that point).

The art-style by Bagley in the interiors though is not at all like the cover-art here. This is a variant.

I too would be curious about how they handle Doom. I wonder if they'll make Doom analogous to the Ayatollah taking over Iran and the Iran Hostage crisis?
    I guess they could. I would prefer if they compare the events in Latveria / Sokovia to what happened in Yugoslavia when Tito died.

Oh, and I've seen Shadow of a Doubt several times so no need to explain Joseph Cotten or Hitchcock to me. I liked Cotten in Niagara, with Welles in The Third Man (Carol Reed dir) & Citizen Kane and much later Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte . I keep meaning to watch Magnificent Ambersons. He had a very long career in films

So while Doom was not on Brian's "Line it is Drawn: Alternate Hellfire Gala Designs", because he was already invited, someone else came up with a new outfit for him at deviantart.

https://www.deviantart.com/nick-perk...Doom-879701707

"一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.

Thanks!

Well it certainly is original. From ancient times, the wearing of purple was only done by royalty and the offspring of royals are said to be "born to the purple." Not sure I care for the boots and tights to tell the truth. I would have repeated the armor them for the legs. Maybe some kind of chain mail.

After a year or two hiatus, Alex Maleev Twitter has some new Doom art again, available for purchase.

And there is another one in progress for the lucky buyer

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-11-2021 at 10:10 AM.

Superherohype has a preview for next week's Fantastic Four #33. I think it's become almost obligatory that Doom has a dinner scene in his appearances. So unless he is testing Zora to see if she will tell him about Johnny or he really doesn't know that she slept with him. I think this will end up badly for all concerned and I'm not liking the soap opera feel of this subplot. Anyway, how could Doom not know that they did it? He usually has surveillance everywhere in his residences and embassies.

I really like the way Silva draws Doctor Doom.