Page 35 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I wonder what they would pick for the cover?
    If they include Priest's Doom, then they should use this cover...

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Ooops. I fixed the video link. Not sure how that happened ...

And wow! Had no idea that Books of Doom was going for that much. Though I thought it was also available as a hardcover?

They usually have two covers,

I'm guessing it will have the Doom stuff from the Marvel Masterworks Rarities, Brubaker's Books of Doom, the Bendis Infamous Iron Man run, and the Cantwell run. Maybe Triumph and Torment and Emperor Doom? It would be cool if they also included the Chuck Dixon Doom and Emperor Doom mini-series, but I doubt they would.

I would love it if they did do a chronological collection of major Doom appearances. Maybe if they do an Epic Collections, we'd get that.
    I believe both mini-series of Chuck Dixon's Doom have been collected in the Heroes Reborn: The Return Omnibus from last year:
    Last edited by K7P5V; 06-30-2021 at 09:47 PM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    If they include Priest's Doom, then they should use this cover...

I believe both mini-series of Chuck Dixon's Doom have been collected in the Heroes Reborn: The Return Omnibus from last year:
    Just checked Amazon and you are indeed correct! I need to pick up that omnibus.

I LOVE that cover! I also nominate this one.

They usually have a old school / original cover from the run, and then a new image. Some of the omnibus even have three covers!

Thanks, now I can see it. Since they are teasing one of LaRocca's covers from Cantwell's Doom series, I have to think it's in there. I already have the 2 TPBs. The Infamous Iron Man series would be a good edition but they would have to include the issues of Invincible Iron Man that tie in. After Reed heeled his face in SW, Doom's first appearance was in Bendis's Invincible Iron Man and then when Infamous Iron Man was winding up, some of it crosses over to Invincible Iron Man again. With a character like Doom whose story is frequently told in other titles, it would be good to have it all in one volume.

I'd like to see an Epic collection to because the Omnibus is so bulky. I would have to make room somehow since my bookcase is nearly filled up.
    I like the Omnibus because the pages / art is bigger, but they are harder to read. They could definitely add those framing issues from different runs in an omnibus.

I don't know if they do this for all the Epic Collections, but I double dipped on the Namor one, because it had all his Silver Age appearances over a variety of titles and then the start of his Tales to Astonish run. Like you said, it was great to have them all in one volume. They should really do the same for Doom.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Incredible Member

Marvel's SWORD Preview Teases New Alliances and Chaos in The Last Annihilation Tie-In (Exclusive)

https://comicbook.com/comics/amp/new...mpression=true

The Marvel Universe marches towards a new Annihilation as an unknown enemy plans to reshape this world into something of their own design, and it will impact every single person in the universe. So, it's easy to understand why it would be on S.W.O.R.D.'s radar, but that's far from the only thing they're in the middle of. We get a look at several of those other threads in S.W.O.R.D. #7, including the follow-up conversation between Dr. Doom and the new Regent of Sol herself Storm. S.W.O.R.D. #7 is an official tie-in to The Last Annihilation, and we've got your exclusive first look at the issue right here.

Those who have been keeping up with the Hellfire Gala know that Marvel's mutants revealed they moved Arakko from Earth to Mars, establishing it as the new capital of the Sol system. The display of power was impressive as well, as they showed that with a small team of mutants they could terraform an actual planet. That new planet needed someone to represent it, and Storm was a natural choice to step into that role.

Doom was, let's say not thrilled with another planet-sized power being thrown into the mix, nor was he excited to meet the new Regent of Sol, but from the preview, it seems they are being cordial. In fact, Doom even offered a toast and Storm looks to be smiling, so maybe this will be a productive meeting after all.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Thanks for finding and posting that preview Lucas 35! Sword #7 will be out at the end of the month as will the final issue of the Bride of Doom arc in Fantastic Four.

I'm not sure you could call Doom and Storm "old friends" as the advance solicitation said. Especially after Doomwar where Doom caused her uncle to get killed when he took a bullet from the rebel Desturi for Storm. I was really hoping it would be a meeting between Doom and Namor. There are some fences that need mending and I could see Doom trying to get Namor to break away from the X-Men

It seems like all the comics with Doom in them will be at the end of July. I will also be getting Runaways #37 next week on the 7th since I hope that their "nanny" Doombot will be in that issue.

Guardians of the Galaxy #16 - July 21st
    Fantastic Four #34 - July 28th
    Sword #7 - July 28th

Didn't Storm swear vengeance against Doom in Doomwar? I wonder if it gets addressed or have they done it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Didn't Storm swear vengeance against Doom in Doomwar? I wonder if it gets addressed or have they done it already.
    I checked and it was Shuri that said she would kill Doom if he attacked Wakanda again. I don't recall Storm crossing paths with Doom since.

Looks like I gotta re-read it. I read it not to long ago but my memory is just terrible. Yesterday I went to comic book store to see if they have the story in which Doom and Stark went back to the days of Camelot but I couldn't remember the name and the lady at the counter didn't know it either so I returned empty handed. I'm still trying remembering the name.

Looks like I gotta re-read it. I read it not to long ago but my memory is just terrible. Yesterday I went to comic book store to see if they have the story in which Doom and Stark went back to the days of Camelot but I couldn't remember the name and the lady at the counter didn't know it either so I returned empty handed. I'm still trying remembering the name.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomquest

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenXXX View Post
    Thanks. It was driving me nuts not remembering the name of the story.

It sometimes help if you know that issue numbers but I am surprised that the comic shop couldn't help you. Maybe the clerk was new. This 2 part story was in Iron Man 149-150 and then there is a sequel in Iron Man 249 - 250 which takes place in the future. Both of them are written by of David Michelini and Bob Layton

That is one of my favorite Doom team ups. And that art was not to shabby either! JR jr was really killing it back then esp with Layton also doing the inks

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-03-2021 at 04:02 PM.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

It sometimes help if you know that issue numbers but I am surprised that the comic shop couldn't help you. Maybe the clerk was new. This 2 part story was in Iron Man 149-150 and then there is a sequel in Iron Man 249 - 250 which takes place in the future. Both of them are written by of David Michelini and Bob Layton

That is one of my favorite Doom team ups. And that art was not to shabby either! JR jr was really killing it back then esp with Layton also doing the inks

(sorry I had to make this joke, lol)
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Don't worry, I'm a Monty Python fan too!

That art looks great. What happened to JRJR? The most of what I've seen of his recent work is too boxey.

That art looks great. What happened to JRJR? The most of what I've seen of his recent work is too boxey.
    Agreed. Wish JRJR could somehow return to his old art-style...

I have to agree. I think one factor in the Iron Man issue is Bob Layton as the inker on that. Maybe he fixed the square heads! The latest Fantastic Four preview I saw looks better. The heads were a little more rounded off!