Page 45 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    That's from a mini series called Avengers & the Infinity Gauntlet. One would think from the title that this would be an important event but it's really more a lighthearted and very funny and definitly not in continuity. Amazon says it was aimed and younger readers but I think older fans would be entertained also.

Thanks I quite enjoy young reader stuff so will definitely check it out.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Thanks I quite enjoy young reader stuff so will definitely check it out.
    There was a great 'young reader' mini-series that I enjoyed with Doom and Magneto ... was it Masters of Evil?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    There was a great 'young reader' mini-series that I enjoyed with Doom and Magneto ... was it Masters of Evil?
    Yes, that's right. I loved the covers, the interior art was OK. I guess I am too old school and I like it when the art on the inside matches the cover. The ending was interesting

Yes, that's right. I loved the covers, the interior art was OK. I guess I am too old school and I like it when the art on the inside matches the cover. The ending was interesting

Yes! That's it! I thought the interior pages were pretty good? I recall the story being fun. I'll have to see if I can find my issues. Or check Marvel Unlimited.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Yes! That's it! I thought the interior pages were pretty good? I recall the story being fun. I'll have to see if I can find my issues. Or check Marvel Unlimited.
    I did a quick reread of this last night and the story holds up well. I am not sure Doom's final wish was totally achieved or at least didn't transfer over to the the stories that are in continuity. I'd rather he still have a conscience that nags him at times.

Most of the art is like that cover for issue #2 and it tends to be cartoony but I can look past that. I'm a bit odd that way. Even as a child, I really didn't care for cartoonish exaggeration. Even though I wasn't too young to read most of it I liked Hal Foster's Prince Valiant art and my Dad had a book that was mostly prose written by Foster but included a lot of his art as part of the story. But Chester Gould's Dick Tracy, which was still running in the Sunday comics, looked too weird to me
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-25-2021 at 10:50 AM.

I did a quick reread of this last night and the story holds up well. I am not sure Doom's final wish was totally achieved or at least didn't transfer over to the the stories that are in continuity. I'd rather he still have a conscience that nags him at times.

Most of the art is like that cover for issue #2 and it tends to be cartoony but I can look past that. I'm a bit odd that way. Even as a child, I really didn't care for cartoonish exaggeration. Even though I wasn't too young to read most of it I liked Hal Foster's Prince Valiant art and my Dad had a book that was mostly prose written by Foster but included a lot of his art as part of the story. But Chester Gould's Dick Tracy, which was still running in the Sunday comics, looked too weird to me
    Yes, it was a bit cartoony, but not extremely so. I need to re-read it too, but I remember enjoying it the first time around.

I also like the more realistic art, but I've grown more receptive to other styles.

Screenrant / Newsarama has this article about Noah Hawley's cancelled Doctor Doom movie.

https://screenrant.com/doctor-doom-m...-details-cast/

Hawley has only offered a few details on what his Doctor Doom script entailed. Comments from the writer have revealed that it would have been a “political thriller” and “a kind of Cold War, geopolitical movie”. These comments indicate that Hawley’s plan was to lean into Doom’s role as the dictator of Latveria, which is the fictional country he rules in the comic books. This is an important element of his character that’s key to the level of authority and power that he has holds in the Marvel Universe. It looks like Noah Hawley’s Doctor Doom would have been the first to adequately explore this aspect of his story.
    I don't remember seeing this being reported, but I could of missed it. What do you think of this take? I'm not sure how it would have worked out, without interacting with the rest of Marvel's fictional kingdoms, which, I don't think FOX had access to at that time? But I'm always up for this take on Doom.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Brian Cronin's latest Doom feature: Was Marvel 2099's President Doom the Real Doctor Doom?

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Thanks Ravin' Ray. Brian Cronin does a nice job of summing up the first 25 issues of Doom 2099, not an easy thing to do. Warren Ellis would take over from here and Moore would stay on the X-Men 2099 IIRC. I wonder what ever happened to him? He wrote one issue of the Fantastic Four when Chris Claremont's run ends (Fantastic Four #33 - Sept. 2000) but nothing much in the world of comics after that.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-29-2021 at 09:48 AM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Whoa look at this. The Haslab Galactus project, which already unlocked Nova, Silver Surfer and Morg, is next aiming to unlock an alternate Doom head! Looks like they based it from that Marvel 2-in-One story.

https://www.facebook.com/hasbropulse...38592782840292

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Whoa.....that is awesome. If anyone here didn't read Chip Zdarsky's Marvel Two in One Ravin' Ray is referring to (issues 5 and 6) , here it is with the awesome art of Jim Cheung. I hope he's coming back to Marvel soon. The only catch is this will only go into production if they get 22,000 backers so it may not ever be available. I can see why Hasbro is doing this but I think they can only do so many of these before their backers will diminish. I can see from the FB comments that there are some disgruntled collectors. Maybe produce normal sized versions of these too?

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-30-2021 at 10:19 AM.

Amazing Member

It already hit the 22,000 ( I was able to be 22,000 and 22,001) its currently at 24,837 with 9 hours remaining. Only reason I backed it was for the Doom head for my Doom room

Whoa.....that is awesome. If anyone here didn't read Chip Zdarsky's Marvel Two in One Ravin' Ray is referring to (issues 5 and 6) , here it is with the awesome art of Jim Cheung. I hope he's coming back to Marvel soon. The only catch is this will only go into production if they get 22,000 backers so it may not ever be available. I can see why Hasbro is doing this but I think they can only do so many of these before their backers will diminish. I can see from the FB comments that there are some disgruntled collectors. Maybe produce normal sized versions of these too?

Congrats!

But I am confused I thought the one that is ending today is the original Galactus. So do you have to get the original Galactus figure and then buy the Doom head as an accessory? I assume the other unlocked figures Morg, Nova and Silver Surfer will be the same scale as the other Marvel Legends. I hope those will be in the stores.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-30-2021 at 11:57 AM.

Amazing Member

The Doom head is another tier for the backers. Galactus was guaranteed at 14k, then the added other tiers to help continue sales which the Doom head was at 22k. Anyone that orders Galactus gets the Doom head, Morg, Nova and Surfer. The heralds will be in normal marvel legends scale, and this will never be in stores. Its a Haslab project (their version of kickstarter) and are made to order.

Congrats!

But I am confused I thought the one that is ending today is the original Galactus. So do you have to get the original Galactus figure and then buy the Doom head as an accessory? I assume the other unlocked figures Morg, Nova and Silver Surfer will be the same scale as the other Marvel Legends. I hope those will be in the stores.

I see now. Thanks for clearing that up!