Page 47 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

What's Doom's eye color canonically? I've seen him drawn with blue, green, and brown eyes. It's like artists can't make up their mind on it.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

IMO it should be brown since he is a Romani, although I like the green eyes too. My head canon is that sometimes he wears green colored contacts just for effect.

It does annoy me when they are colored blue and it does happen quite a lot over the years. I once tweeted the artist of this series Cian Tormey that Doom eyes should have been brown in his War Scrolls story he did and he did say he would keep that in mind!

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Brown eyes - three sources. Colorists, take note. There have been many mistakes. So are those the real Doom when they appear with blue or green eyes?

Marvel Fact Files 10 pgDO-01a.jpg

Marvel Super Heroes Magazine 4 pg11.jpg

OHOTMU Deluxe 3 pg59.jpg
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    Brown eyes - three sources. Colorists, take note. There have been many mistakes. So are those the real Doom when they appear with blue or green eyes?

Marvel Fact Files 10 pgDO-01a.jpg

Marvel Super Heroes Magazine 4 pg11.jpg

OHOTMU Deluxe 3 pg59.jpg
    omg thank you, I always thought his eyes were brown but it's great to have a source, but so many artists/colorists make it blue and that annoys me. Also I thought there was some theory where any light eyed doom was an obvious doombot?
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Speaking of ... this just arrived to add to the Den of Madness. It is #24 of 1000, and very well made, sadly though, wrong color eyes.
    Marvel Legends in 3D Doctor Doom 1/2 Scale Limited Edition Bust - from Diamond Select
    2021-09-05 14.05.58.jpg

Not sure how to get my picture to rotate. Here's the product shot.
    Dr Doom bust 2021.jpg
    Last edited by DoomScribe; 09-05-2021 at 02:48 PM.
    "Because ... I am Doom

You would have to have photo editing software or maybe find a free tool on the internet. you could try Adobe Spark for instance

That bust is well done. But the eye color being wrong does detract from it a bit. Maybe you could touch them up yourself with some model paint !

Almost forgot.....Doom is in this month's Excalibur #23 coming out on Wednesday. Here are some preview pages. I not too crazy about this baby snatching the writer Tini Howard is setting up here.

Ah yes the Krakoa that has like a whole section devoted to those abandoned mutant babies (Way of X) should be upset with Doom of course, of course *rolls eyes*

If you are looking for a free editing tool for you computer to do simple rotations and stuff I would suggest Photoscape, I've used it for years for simple stuff and its way faster than having to boot up photoshop etc. http://www.photoscape.org/ps/main/screenshot.php

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    Speaking of ... this just arrived to add to the Den of Madness. It is #24 of 1000, and very well made, sadly though, wrong color eyes.
    Marvel Legends in 3D Doctor Doom 1/2 Scale Limited Edition Bust - from Diamond Select
    2021-09-05 14.05.58.jpg

Not sure how to get my picture to rotate. Here's the product shot.
    Dr Doom bust 2021.jpg
    that's amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    You would have to have photo editing software or maybe find a free tool on the internet. you could try Adobe Spark for instance

That bust is well done. But the eye color being wrong does detract from it a bit. Maybe you could touch them up yourself with some model paint !

Almost forgot.....Doom is in this month's Excalibur #23 coming out on Wednesday. Here are some preview pages. I not too crazy about this baby snatching the writer Tini Howard is setting up here.

Seems bad get a Roma character being acussed of stealing a kid.

Many people hacked these gates, I don't get why Doom isn't doing it. Valeria knows

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    Seems bad get a Roma character being acussed of stealing a kid.
    Yeah, seriously. Even if the writer was ignorant of that her editor should have had her correct that.

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    Many people hacked these gates, I don't get why Doom isn't doing it. Valeria knows
    Yeah, Doom should have been able to do it. He can mystically transport himself too.

Doomscribe....how did we miss the announcement on this one??? This is really strange. I happen to stumble across it while looking for something else and I know I have not seen this before

This is from the Walmart website. Notice that there are 2 comments on this item page and they both have already ordered it back in July and August. I did a search on the Diamond catalog site and this hasn't come up for me at all. I like that it is not made of any breakable material and a 9 inch figure is a good height & would fit on my shelves.

It's also being advertised on a site called Zavvi , which I've never heard of before. You can pre-order it there for $34.99 if you use the code provided. It states the release date is December 30 2021. I noticed while looking for this on Diamond's site that they are producing a lot of these this year.

A Diamond Select Toys release! It’s Victor Von doom vs. Prehistory in the newest Marvel Comic Gallery Diorama. The Fantastic Four foe stands on top of a pile of dinosaur skulls, his fists glowing as if preparing to take on even more giant reptiles. Measuring approximately 9 inches tall, this Walmart Exclusive statue features detailed sculpting, colorful paint applications and comes packaged in a full color window box. Sculpted by Alterton. Founded in 1999 by sister company Diamond Comic Distributors, Diamond Select Toys is a manufacturer of toys and collectibles for kids and adults of all ages. We work with 2-D and 3-D artists from around the world to develop collectibles in a diverse array of product categories including action figures, Minimates mini-figures, electronic vehicles, vinyl blanks, resin busts, statues and more. With partnerships like Disney, Universal, Sony, Lucasfilm and more, we’re truly “The Best of All Worlds.”

• THIS WORLD IS HIS TO RULE, AND HIS ALONE: This Diamond Select Marvel Dr. Doom Gallery Diorama is a great addition to your collection.
    • PERFECT FOR DISPLAY: At 9 inches tall, this statue is the perfect size for display on your desk or shelf.
    • EXQUISITE DETAIL: With a highly detailed sculpt and colorful paint applications, this statue brings Victor Von Doom to life.
    • DESIGNED BY TALENTED ARTISTS: Diamond select works with talented artists from around the world. Sculpted by Alterton.
    • MADE WITH HIGH QUALITY MATERIALS: Made from high-quality PVC.
    • BASED ON HIS CLASSIC APPEARANCE IN THE COMICS: This gallery statue replicates Doom’s appearances in the comics, wearing his iconic mask, armor, and green clothing.
    • GREAT GIFT FOR ALL: Great gift for Fantastic Four fans, Marvel lovers, and pop culture enthusiasts alike.
    • BROUGHT TO YOU BY DIAMOND SELECT TOYS: Check out our other statues, action figures, gallery dioramas and more.

I'm getting a kick out the dinosaur bones on the base. It reminds me of the time in Doom 2099 when Doom was being attacked by a T Rex. Pat Broderick really killed it with his work on drawing the T Rex

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-07-2021 at 08:31 AM.

The cover of issue #19

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

It's SO frustrating that Doom 2099 is so incomplete on Marvel Unlimited, the issues that are available are scattered, and #1 isn't even available. How can Marvel get readers interested in him if his debut issue isn't online?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    It's SO frustrating that Doom 2099 is so incomplete on Marvel Unlimited, the issues that are available are scattered, and #1 isn't even available. How can Marvel get readers interested in him if his debut issue isn't online?
    I know what you mean. Marvel Unlimited can be frustrating at times. At least they did make a TPB of the Warren Ellis issues but IMO the set up done by John Francis Moore in #1 thru 24 is great. I have the TPB but they really need to make the set complete but publishing another TPB of the first 23 issues.

This was fun issue where Doom and wire are exploring cyberspace and encounter a weird version of the Fantastic Four and classic Doom

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-06-2021 at 09:14 PM.

Thanks for the heads up on the Doom figure, IM. However, I'm not going to order it from Zavvi -

From a quick Google Search:

"Zavvi has a consumer rating of 1.1 stars from 170 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Zavvi most frequently mention customer service, live chat and release date problems. Zavvi ranks 103rd among DVD sites."

The Walmart site lists the figure as a Walmart exclusive and "sold out". Which explains why I've never seen it. But a search of Diamond Select Toys doesn't show the figure, it doesn't appear on any other retailer site that I usually buy from either. I'm not saying it's a scam, but I'm suspicious. Mostly because I've had my credit card numbers stolen a couple times after ordering from less than super web sites.

It is really a cool looking figure, and I'd love to have it. But I'll wait to see if it shows up on some other sites for now.
    "Because ... I am Doom