Page 56 of 62 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Yeah, I've been hearing good things about Savage Avengers. I want to check it out but poverty.
    I know what you mean. I've had to drop things and it's really tough when the price gets raised for special issues. I have also been losing interest in some things. I did get some of the Fantastic Four 60 year anniversary stuff and some of it was just not worth it. I really want to get that Fantastic Four Anniversary Tribute with the variant Jim Cheung's homage to Fantastic Four Annual #3. The whole thing will be just FF #1 and FF Annual #3 with new art for $6.99

This would make a great poster or maybe just a frameable print

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Ordered the new Doom prose novel on Amazon. Expect it to be available in Jan 2022. I think it is a continuation of the last one, "The Harrowing of Doom" which was excellent, by the way.
    The Harrowing of Doom by David Annandale.jpg

At the conclusion of the last one, Doom is descending into the otherworld but has to return at the last moment to save Latveria from certain oblivion. He gets a glimpse of the otherworld but his memories are scrambled. This all takes place before Triumph and Torment, so he was still in the process of challenging the demon Mephisto for the soul of his mother.

Annandale has an excellent grasp of Doom's mythos and character, so I'm hopeful and anticipating another great ride.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Glad to see you here again Doomscribe. Things have been a bit quiet here. Who knows? Maybe Abe will visit us again. Abe, if you are lurking I hope you are doing OK!

I haven't ordered it yet but the last time I got the Kindle version so may do that again or just go ahead and get the book. I think the only fault I can find with the first one is that Doom isn't in it enough! Since there's been so little of interest on cable I will probably go back and read this again.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Variant Cover to Thing #1 (Doom does not appear in the book) - variant covers get a pass for artistic license, I guess.

Thing 2021 001 Variant dna.jpg

But Doom gets extra style points for the dramatic entrance in Kang the Conqueror #3

Kang the Conqueror 2021 003 pg 11.jpg
    Last edited by DoomScribe; 11-12-2021 at 05:39 PM.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

I did get that variant cover with Doom for Thing #1 and while I was at the LCS I made sure to order the Jim Chueng variant for the Fantastic Four Anniversary Tribute I posted about above. I have to catch up with that Kang series but wow...great entrance.

BTW Doom fans, I did a spoiler review of Savage Avengers #26... and Doom does get savage there!

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-12-2021 at 05:43 PM.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I am very behind on my Doom comic reading and need to catch up! In the meantime:

I commissioned this Super Villain Team Up Pin Set of Namor & Doom, and the artist is selling it on their site so if you would like some it's being sold here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Optyck?ref=profile_header

Here is another Doctor Doom fan art the artist did! https://twitter.com/optyck/status/1460320078851883015

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Doom cracks me up with his constant dramatic ticking in Dark Ages #3. I hope Tom Taylor has something in store for him in next issues. He has the most story potential in Dark Ages as he's the one morally dubious character on the side of good guys. And it's weird he accepted T'challa's leadership. There has to be something behind it.
    Last edited by Doom'nGloom; 11-18-2021 at 03:12 AM.

Thanks for that Etsy link to the Doom and Namor pins ImperioiusWrecked This may be a Christmas present to myself!

....And thanks again for all the art! That one with Conan is from Savage Avengers #8. If any Doom fans haven't been following his appearances there with Doctor Strange be sure to check them out if you can. The two Magic Bros have been semi-regulars there for about two years for all of you Victor/Stephen shippers.

As for Dark Ages news, I just saw the February solicitations and will do a separate post about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Doom cracks me up with his constant dramatic ticking in Dark Ages #3. I hope Tom Taylor has something in store for him in next issues. He has the most story potential in Dark Ages as he's the one morally dubious character on the side of good guys. And it's weird he accepted T'challa's leadership. There has to be something behind it.
    I forgot to pick this up yesterday. I will be going out later today and will probably get this.

The solicitations for February 2022 came out this morning. We already saw the advance notice that Peter David will be doing a second Maestro mini series. Overall, February Looks like a good month. IMO the best news out of this is that Christopher Cantwell will be doing another Victor/Tony team up in his Iron Man series. I hope this isn't just a one and done issue and turns into a multiple issue arc. I loved their team up in Cantwell's King in Black one shot last Christmas

Avengers #53

JASON AARON (W) • JAVIER GARRÓN (A/C) • X-Gwen Variant Cover by LEONARDO ROMERO
    BLACK HISTORY MONTH VARIANT COVER BY JOSHUA "SWAY" SWABY ASSAULT ON AVENGERS MOUNTAIN!
    The Avengers' impenetrable headquarters is under attack, by the most supremely powerful version of Dr. Doom in existence and a wildly murderous Young Thanos, still wet with his mother's blood. The Black Panther fights to defend the mountain alongside his surprising new teammates, King Namor of Atlantis and Jane Foster, the mighty Valkyrie.

DARK AGES #5 (OF 6)

TOM TAYLOR (W) • IBAN COELLO (A/C) • Variant Cover by RYAN STEGMAN
    VARIANT COVER BY KYLE HOTZ • VARIANT COVER BY PEACH MOMOKO
    BLACK HISTORY MONTH VARIANT COVER BY JOSHUA "SWAY" SWABY VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    Spider-Man joins Doctor Doom, the X-Men, the Inhumans, the Avengers and what's left of the Fantastic Four on a rescue mission across a continent ruled by a madman. But they could be too late. The dictator of Europe has heroes and villains by his side, and the unthinkable is now in motion. Apocalypse could tear the world apart.

IRON MAN #17

CHRISTOPHER CANTWELL (W) • IBRAIM ROBERSON (A) • Cover by ALEX ROSS
    BLACK HISTORY MONTH VARIANT COVER BY JOSHUA "SWAY" SWABY VARIANT COVER BY JAMIE MCKELVIE • X-GWEN VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    Tony Stark roils with the Power Cosmic – the Iron Man now the IRON GOD! But despite his best intentions, is this truly a good thing for the Earth and the universe? Patsy Walker, A.K.A. HELLCAT, really doesn't think so…which is why she's gone for broke and enlisted the help of one DOCTOR DOOM. But if there's anybody who can make Tony angry, it's Victor… What happens when a cosmically powered Stark feels betrayed by the world's most arrogant Latverian? Likely, nothing short of total devastation.

MAESTRO: WORLD WAR M #1 (OF 5)

PETER DAVID (W)
    GERMÁN PERALTA & PASQUAL FERRY (A)
    Cover by CARLOS PACHECO
    Variant Cover by ED MCGUINNESS
    Variant Cover by RON LIM
    Variant Cover by LOGAN LUBERA
    Design Variant Cover by GERMÁN PERALTA
    THE FINAL CHAPTER OF PETER DAVID'S MAESTRO TRILOGY BEGINS!
    A.I.M., the Pantheon and even Doctor Doom have all fallen before the might of the Maestro! Finally, he may now reign over his kingdom with a firm green fist. Except, he didn't count on the Abomination rising from the dead and forming an alliance with Namor and Doom! And this dangerous new alliance is ready for war — WORLD WAR M!
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-18-2021 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Thanks for that Etsy link to the Doom and Namor pins ImperioiusWrecked This may be a Christmas present to myself!

....And thanks again for all the art! That one with Conan is from Savage Avengers #8. If any Doom fans haven't been following his appearances there with Doctor Strange be sure to check them out if you can. The two Magic Bros have been semi-regulars there for about two years for all of you Victor/Stephen shippers.

As for Dark Ages news, I just saw the February solicitations and will do a separate post about that.
    You're welcome! And I will def be reading World War M for the supervillain team up content even if it an AU version of them XD thanks for sharing that!

You are welcome too! I wish that were a better rendition of Namor but since that artist is just doing a variant I think the interior art will be better, it it is the same artist that did PAD's most recent Maestro mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post

I am caught up on the Dark Ages mini and it is an entertaining mix of characters. I like Doom's new regalia in this series and I assume everyone has aged up a bit in this. Johnny, from what little we see of him, behaves more maturely here and Lunella is definitely much older.

I agree with you that so far Doom is very passive and isn't contesting for the leadership role but if you read the advance solicitation for issue #5, it appears he does play a big part in the upcoming battle. I see how Apocalypse is employing Killgrave aka the Purple Man in his plans and he is the reason why Reed and Captain America are willing participants in assisting with his plans. This takes me back to the scene below from Emperor Doom graphic novel. I wonder if Tom Taylor is going to bring up how easily Doom was able to control Killgrave as part of the means to defeat him.

Looks like the next issue of Dark Ages will be delayed until January. There seems to be all sorts of issues getting the comics to the shops again.

In the meantime, I must have missed the announcement for this mini series or mini event called Wastelanders. AIPT has some unlettered previews for the one shot Wastelanders: Doom. I like the cover done by artist Josemaria Casanovas. The creative team is Torunn Gronbekk for writer and Julius Ohta is doing the art.

the Last time we saw Doom in the Wastelands AU he was causing all sorts of mayhem and death because * old spoilers * he was dying of cancer and wanted to go out fighting until someone killed him. I don't know if this series will follow up on that. The Wastelands is a setting that evolved from the Old Man Logan series from a while back.

In this AU, it looks like this Doom had not succeeded in releasing his mother's soul from Mephisto's grasp. There are a couple more preview pages you can see by clicking the link to AIPT's story.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-26-2021 at 10:41 PM.