Page 58 of 62 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Okay Doomfans, if you could create a Doctor Doom action figure for Christmas or any kind of Doom related gift , what would it be? You can pick one, all of them of just some of them. Then I will do a tally if there are enough votes.

My vote is ALL OF THEM!

(Add on suggestions are welcome)

Funko Pop Santa Doom
    Marvel Legends: Doom 2099 in Blue cape/cowl with Silver armor
    Marvel Legends: Doom 2099 Presidential armor
    New Doctor Doom solo comic, ongoing or mini series

^^^Hopefully no one will be offended, but I'd be interested in a statue/action figure of the Walt Simonson version of Doom (616):
    Last edited by K7P5V; 12-11-2021 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

I don't think anyone would be offended. I really like the section that covers the torso. I ressembles the style of some medieval armor when there is no tunic being worn, which they knights in combat probably didn't wear anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    ^^^Hopefully no one will be offended, but I'd be interested in a statue/action figure of the Walt Simonson version of Doom (616):

Outside of the original Doom 2099 armor, the Prometheum is my favorite!! Too bad it was only in that story and the Excalibur issues with the origin of the armor with horrific art (imo).

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I don't think anyone would be offended. I really like the section that covers the torso. I ressembles the style of some medieval armor when there is no tunic being worn, which they knights in combat probably didn't wear anyway.
    Thanks! That's a great description (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Outside of the original Doom 2099 armor, the Prometheum is my favorite!! Too bad it was only in that story and the Excalibur issues with the origin of the armor with horrific art (imo).
    LOL! At least we got to see Doom wield the SoulSword, though...

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-11-2021 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

I believe the artist on that was Mark Badger, who is probably more well known as the inker & colorist for the GN Triumph & Torment. IMO it seems he felt this was a humourous story so his work is pretty cartoony in that Excalibur story. But yeah, Doom and the Soulsword rocked.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-12-2021 at 11:20 AM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Okay Doomfans, if you could create a Doctor Doom action figure for Christmas or any kind of Doom related gift , what would it be? You can pick one, all of them of just some of them. Then I will do a tally if there are enough votes.

My vote is ALL OF THEM!

Funko Pop Santa Doom
    Tough choice, as I do love a Santa Doom, but I have to go with a new Doctor Doom comic!!!

Also, YOUR PM box is full now. LOL!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Tough choice, as I do love a Santa Doom, but I have to go with a new Doctor Doom comic!!!

Also, YOUR PM box is full now. LOL!
    Oops. Fixed it!

I wish we could get Christopher Cantwell's planned second chapter to his Doom series where Doom would be recuperating from a minor stroke and spends his time composing an opera with the assistance of a prominent Latverian musician.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-12-2021 at 11:25 AM.

I have a question. There have been instances when Doom resisted telepathy/mind control like in Emperor Doom, Secret Invasion: DR and recently Cantwell's Doctor Doom series where Kang shot him with his gun. Are these all about his willpower or does his armor play a part in it? Purple Man and Kang instances are shown to be about his will only but what about the case with Emma Frost? If it is so does that mean anyone in marvel with sufficiently strong will can resist telepathy no matter the strength of the telepath?

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    I have a question. There have been instances when Doom resisted telepathy/mind control like in Emperor Doom, Secret Invasion: DR and recently Cantwell's Doctor Doom series where Kang shot him with his gun. Are these all about his willpower or does his armor play a part in it? Purple Man and Kang instances are shown to be about his will only but what about the case with Emma Frost? If it is so does that mean anyone in marvel with sufficiently strong will can resist telepathy no matter the strength of the telepath?
    Has Dr. Strange resisted the power of telepaths in past books? I can't recall, but Doom could be using sorcery. He could also be using some sort of tech, or both at once. In that once scene with Emma Frost, he certainly felt her reach out and try to enter his mind, that's why he threatened her, so he could have a number of mental defences. God knows what they are though.

My vote is ALL OF THEM!

Funko Pop Santa Doom
    Victor Van Damme action figure with goat legs.... just kidding
    Serious answer is Funko Pop Santa Doom

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Has Dr. Strange resisted the power of telepaths in past books? I can't recall, but Doom could be using sorcery. He could also be using some sort of tech, or both at once. In that once scene with Emma Frost, he certainly felt her reach out and try to enter his mind, that's why he threatened her, so he could have a number of mental defences. God knows what they are though.
    I totally forgot magic. Strange used magic to erase Steve's memories in New Avengers so I can't see why it can't be used to protect against telepathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Victor Van Damme action figure with goat legs.... just kidding
    Serious answer is Funko Pop Santa Doom

I totally forgot magic. Strange used magic to erase Steve's memories in New Avengers so I can't see why it can't be used to protect against telepathy.
    That's a good point. You mentioned Emperor Doom as an example and that is actually a good one that shows that he could resist the purple man even without his mask. I assume from this scene that when Doom removes his mask it may be disengaging any protections from psychic attacks he may have in his armor.

More from Alex Maleev ... This one is done with liquid charcoal

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Maleev is amazing! Love his Doom!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

And he did another this afternoon!

He does make a pretty good sized work (15x20) for these. And some lucky and rich fan already bought this one.