Page 9 of 62 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mist@doom View Post
    Still have to order harrowing of Doom,but i probably won't be getting around to read it anytime soon.....read a small portion of your review.....looks great!
    Aw, thank you!! It took some time to write just because I had a lot of thoughts lol but worth it.

God as for Heroes Reborn, I'm DEEPLY uninterested. Even the character design looks bad.. Why should the existence of the Avengers alter Doom's trajectory? His origin and supervillainy is mostly totally divorced from them.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Thanks for finding that story. Well, it certainly is a different look. The helmet looks kind of dumb but I guess he needs since as far as I know it is still needed it for protection against psychic attacks
    Yeah,i know what you mean....don't know much about the Juggernaut,he's okay i guess...but yes...it looks a bit dumb,another preview image shows a close-up of Juggernaut-Doom fighting Hyperion and that looks okay.
    If they would give a creative spin on it,it could be interesting,but the summary of heroes reborn#2,describes Hyperion bringing Doom to the negative zone.....so much for "the unstoppable Juggernaut"!....unless,this happens before gaining the Juggernaut's powers,but Doom should be prepared for anything on his own....even Hyperion.
    Last edited by Mist@doom; 02-02-2021 at 05:16 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by connorhawkes View Post
    Aw, thank you!! It took some time to write just because I had a lot of thoughts lol but worth it.

God as for Heroes Reborn, I'm DEEPLY uninterested. Even the character design looks bad.. Why should the existence of the Avengers alter Doom's trajectory? His origin and supervillainy is mostly totally divorced from them.
    That is true....maybe it's a complicated "butterfly effect" or maybe the course of the Fantastic Four is altered and with that also Doom's trajectory.
    To be honest,i am a bit interested,but i see why people might want to pass on it.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mist@doom View Post
    Yeah,i know what you mean....don't know much about the Juggernaut,he's okay i guess...but yes...it looks a bit dumb,another preview image shows a close-up of Juggernaut-Doom fighting Hyperion and that looks okay.
    If they would give a creative spin on it,it could be interesting,but the summary of heroes reborn#2,describes Hyperion bringing Doom to the negative zone.....so much for "the unstoppable Juggernaut"!....unless,this happens before gaining the Juggernaut's powers,but Doom should be prepared for anything on his own....even Hyperion.
    It's not like the Negative Zone would faze Doom anyway. He's also done some exploring there. IRRC when he was still trapped back on Franklin's Heroes Reborn planet, he used the Negative Zone as a shortcut to get back to Earth. He helped Ben navigate the Negative Zone as a means to locate the Beyonders' Universe back in FF #319

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

No comment on Heroes Reborn Dr Juggernaut here.

I actually found a Doctor Doom 2099 art!

by Afshin Afshary

https://www.**********.com/artwork/v20GBv

Apparently A R T Station is on the forbidden list for some reason. Fill in the asterisks.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 02-03-2021 at 05:00 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Thanks for posting that. Looks pretty cool. Also, just want to say I finally got a digital version of the new novel The Harrowing of Doom. So I will be trying to get that read this week.

Great News....I was glancing through my copy of Runaways #33 and Doombot is alive and well!

Amazing Member

It's not like the Negative Zone would faze Doom anyway. He's also done some exploring there. IRRC when he was still trapped back on Franklin's Heroes Reborn planet, he used the Negative Zone as a shortcut to get back to Earth. He helped Ben navigate the Negative Zone as a means to locate the Beyonders' Universe back in FF #319

Yeah,Doom has been there quite a number of times...i think they might refer to "prison 42" (i think it's called) Would be cool if he starts a riot and takes advantage of things,but it probably never come to that.

Great News....I was glancing through my copy of Runaways #33 and Doombot is alive and well!
    Yay!!!

Though. I can't believe that book is still going.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I need to order a copy of Harrowing of Doom, for sure. I'm so behind on my book collecting. I just realized that this oversized omnibus is practically a Doom omnibus! Not only does it collect the HR Return stuff, but it also collects the naked lion fighting mini-series! I don't think those have been ever collected in hardcover, much less oversized.

Heroes Reborn Return Omnibus HC
    The Avengers and Fantastic Four return from the pocket dimension of 'Heroes Reborn,' but the Earth they left behind still needs heroes! As waters rise and Celestials loom, will Rikki 'Bucky' Barnes and her Young Allies step up - or is Doctor Doom the iron hand this ravaged planet needs? Trapped on this Counter-Earth, the disguised villains called the Thunderbolts must choose between escape or becoming heroes! And the interdimensional Exiles drop in for a visit! But when Onslaught rises, Franklin Richards returns to the original world he created - and Rikki Barnes must summon allies from the real Marvel Universe! Collecting HEROES REBORN: THE RETURN #1-4; THOR ANNUAL 1999; HEROES REBORN: DOOMSDAY, ASHEMA, MASTERS OF EVIL, REBEL, REMNANTS, YOUNG ALLIES and DOOM; FANTASTIC FOUR (1998) #25 and #31; DOOM #1-3; DOOM: THE EMPEROR RETURNS #1-3; THUNDERBOLTS (1997) #51-52, #60-62, #64, #66, #68, #70, #72 and #74; EXILES (2001) #81-82; ONSLAUGHT REBORN #1-5; ONSLAUGHT UNLEASHED #1-4; and MARVEL SPOTLIGHT: HEROES REBORN/ONSLAUGHT REBORN

Todd Nauck sketch cover commission.

https://twitter.com/ToddNauck/status...535425025?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Yay!!!

Though. I can't believe that book is still going.
    Like the Doctor Doom series, I think Runaways was one of those series that inexplicably disappeared. Neither of them returned to publication when the bulk of Marvel's series returned. Doom's series was gone from April until October. The Runaways I believe had a straight to digital release, much like the last 2 issues of Avengers of the Wasteland mini. I got the digital releases of the Avengers of the Wasteland when Marvel made an announcement that they would be going straight to digital. Then that series popped up on the coming print releases list late in the summer. I don't think we will ever find out what exactly happened to the comics that were supposed to ship in March and April They were probably lost in transit somewhere. Diamond's warehouse closed IIRC during the early stages of the pandemic. I recall my LCS owner was ticked off because the town where he's located was allowing curbside pickups for the local businesses. The Fed Express driver left a note on his door saying no one was there for the March 3 delivery. He was ticked off because he was lied to....He always is at the shop early on shipment day. Doctor Doom #7 was supposed to be in shops in April ....but it wouldn't be until late September when it finally was shipped to the merchants.

Runaways #31 was supposed to ship March 18 and that is still listed as the shipping date. But I suspect it went straight to digital sometime later. I happened to get the digital Runaways #33 at Comixology because I saw it pop up on the list of comics scheduled to ship this week. I had stopped looking for it long ago. I then got issue #32 which the shipping date at Previews World as back in October. This is where Doombot returns to the series. I don't think I recall that one being listed as being available although the catalog page says it was on sale in October 28th. I suppose I could have missed that because there was very little news about the series. Admittedly, both Runaways and Doctor Doom were not huge sellers. But I think the pandemic had an effect on the Doom series at least. Issue #6, which was a March 2020 release, outsold the Fantastic Four that month and was in the top 50. When it returned in the fall, it didn't reach that same plateau. It had dropped about 30 places down in the sales rankings.

Well, that got a little too deep maybe. Here is Doombot returning in issue #32...love those spats

I cracked up at this swipe at Krakoa in this week's issue #33

I need to order a copy of Harrowing of Doom, for sure. I'm so behind on my book collecting. I just realized that this oversized omnibus is practically a Doom omnibus! Not only does it collect the HR Return stuff, but it also collects the naked lion fighting mini-series! I don't think those have been ever collected in hardcover, much less oversized.

The Avengers and Fantastic Four return from the pocket dimension of 'Heroes Reborn,' but the Earth they left behind still needs heroes! As waters rise and Celestials loom, will Rikki 'Bucky' Barnes and her Young Allies step up - or is Doctor Doom the iron hand this ravaged planet needs? Trapped on this Counter-Earth, the disguised villains called the Thunderbolts must choose between escape or becoming heroes! And the interdimensional Exiles drop in for a visit! But when Onslaught rises, Franklin Richards returns to the original world he created - and Rikki Barnes must summon allies from the real Marvel Universe! Collecting HEROES REBORN: THE RETURN #1-4; THOR ANNUAL 1999; HEROES REBORN: DOOMSDAY, ASHEMA, MASTERS OF EVIL, REBEL, REMNANTS, YOUNG ALLIES and DOOM; FANTASTIC FOUR (1998) #25 and #31; DOOM #1-3; DOOM: THE EMPEROR RETURNS #1-3; THUNDERBOLTS (1997) #51-52, #60-62, #64, #66, #68, #70, #72 and #74; EXILES (2001) #81-82; ONSLAUGHT REBORN #1-5; ONSLAUGHT UNLEASHED #1-4; and MARVEL SPOTLIGHT: HEROES REBORN/ONSLAUGHT REBORN
    A definite purchase, Reviresco.

I'll always treasure the '90s artwork of Salvador Larroca, and still wish he would return to this style of drawing.

Highly recommended (IMHO):

Wow....I am tempted by this one. As you say, it's hard to find the TPB's on these. I have the Chuck Dixon series in a TPB where he fights his way back to Earth. But those Claremont one shots I'm pretty sure have never been collected. And I found out years later that the Thor annual fills in the gap between the end of the Heroes Return where Thor rescues Franklin from Doom, who wanted to stay on the HR Earth and have Franklin power things up and both characters return to the relaunched titles. Doom really didn't return to Earth until the last part of Claremont's Fantastic Four run in the Reed in Doom armor arc.

I'm going to get back to reading some of the Harrowing of Doom book later. I read 4 chapters last night and I like it so far. It takes place in the past, before the events of Triumph and Torment.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    A definite purchase, Reviresco.

I'll always treasure the '90s artwork of Salvador Larroca, and still wish he would return to this style of drawing.

Highly recommended (IMHO):
    I do like vintage Larroca's art. It's of the time, but still pretty. I've got to check and see if I have this material in trade ... I don't think I bought the Heroes Reborn the Return trade. And I'm not sure if I actually have the trade that contains the naked lion fighting. I may have that only in floppies. But I know I don't have it in OVERSIZED!