Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

There is only suffering

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I just hope this story kills her off so she can come back as classic Jenny.
    We can only hope. *crosses fingers & toes*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Fantastic Member

Aaron writes the worst fanfic

Either Aaron's run ends at issue 50, or the team roster will change then. Either way this looks like the finale for Jennifer's arc in the book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I’d kind of like to know where we’ll see the fallout of the squadron supreme arc, specifically what might happen to coulson.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I bet this is just a cover for Ursa Major to get revenge on a She-Hulk beatdown. <sarcasm>
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Either Aaron's run ends at issue 50, or the team roster will change then. Either way this looks like the finale for Jennifer's arc in the book.
    And what a grand story arc it has been. She has been declared the strongest Hulk yet... and has she won any major fights? She dated Thor out of the blue... has that gone anywhere? She traded one reasonable costume for a very skimpy one. She said to have control issues and issues with being sexualized... has that gone anywhere?

Seriously, what has Aaron done with Jen? It felt like he did nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    We can only hope he's leaving soon. I can't wait for a good Avengers run again. Even Slott's F4 is better.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    And what a grand story arc it has been. She has been declared the strongest Hulk yet... and has she won any major fights? She dated Thor out of the blue... has that gone anywhere? She traded one reasonable costume for a very skimpy one. She said to have control issues and issues with being sexualized... has that gone anywhere?

Seriously, what has Aaron done with Jen? It felt like he did nothing.
    She and Thor did a tag-team attack. That was cool, right ?

I still find it funny that they had this whole song and dance about her being tired of her normal She-Hulk form being ogled at and how she likes being "ugly..." (setting aside how that flies in the face of everything Jen represents) and then she gets probably her skimpiest costume. It just feels totally tone-deaf.

Might get some nice variant covers on other books they make this a big deal.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I still find it funny that they had this whole song and dance about her being tired of her normal She-Hulk form being ogled at and how she likes being "ugly..." (setting aside how that flies in the face of everything Jen represents) and then she gets probably her skimpiest costume. It just feels totally tone-deaf.
    Agreed.if you want to write a storyline about Superheroines not being oogled do it with someone like Jess.Maybe Killgrave made a tape of them(idk).Emma frost and she-hulk are the 2 who had no problem roaming around naked or wearing skimpy costumes.They completely ruined her.What scares me more is that there is a good chance that this will be a main plot point in the MCU series.They did the same to MJ's part girl persona

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

To play devil's advocate, this outfit kind of sends a different message when being worn by a body like the one She-Hulk currently has. It's not just wearing skimpy outfits, it's the type of bodies that are considered "okay" to be seen in skimpy outfits.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    To play devil's advocate, this outfit kind of sends a different message when being worn by a body like the one She-Hulk currently has. It's not just wearing skimpy outfits, it's the type of bodies that are considered "okay" to be seen in skimpy outfits.
    That would be an interesting thought and message, but after the writer made such a huge huff about everything, it doesn't really read like that at all. The messaging just feels very inconsistent on Aaron's part, so it just comes across hypocritical, like how everyone still hits on and sexualizes the hell out of Jen.

And even beyond the messaging, it's just a bad costume regardless. Doesn't fit regular Jen or monster Jen at all. It's pretty ugly and does not fit the brusier persona Jen has, especially when the last outfit was far better fitting. Honestly, it almost fits more like a New Gods costume in some ways, but even then it is just a stretch there.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    That would be an interesting thought and message, but after the writer made such a huge huff about everything, it doesn't really read like that at all. The messaging just feels very inconsistent on Aaron's part, so it just comes across hypocritical, like how everyone still hits on and sexualizes the hell out of Jen.

And even beyond the messaging, it's just a bad costume regardless. Doesn't fit regular Jen or monster Jen at all. It's pretty ugly and does not fit the brusier persona Jen has, especially when the last outfit was far better fitting. Honestly, it almost fits more like a New Gods costume in some ways, but even then it is just a stretch there.
    is all the outrage on ogling based on the Byrne era? seems like he had gags where Jen would deal with goofy men (or male aliens), or wardrobe malfunctions.. (I'm also remembering the paparazzi issue of Fantastic Four when she was sunbathing on the roof)..

I don't personally recall where a bunch of superhero men were constantly flirting with her.. I just don't.. Oh well..

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    But even that's not consistent because some artists still draw her looking more conventionally attractive in the costume.