Page 17 of 46 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Wait, is this the same site that threw a fit when Bret Booth started working for Marvel again?
    Most likely.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Kelly Thompson seems to be writing all the high-profile female heroes...although I think Rainbow Rowell did a solid piece with her in that Marvel #1000 issue, if I'm remembering right.
    Kelly Thompson should be writing Black Cat as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Kelly Thompson should be writing Black Cat as well.
    Jed McKay is currently doing a phenomenal job though .

Agreed !

All-New Member

You know, there seems to exist at least two groups of She-Hulk fans, those who want SHE-hulk and those who want she-HULK.
    I certanly belong to the second group because I love to see a very muscular and STRONG She-Hulk. I always felt that Marvel treated She-Hulk as a second class Hulk being. There was the VAST diference in strength, there was the fact that she could be petrified by the Grey Gargoyle, her power sucked by Rogue and, until relatively recently, she didn't have a healing factor and her strength didn't increase with her anger. And the last demotion as a Hulk being is that she is now probably the ONLY gamma being who isn't immortal.
    It is too much to ask for a female, but not inferior, version of the Hulk?

I just want She-Hulk to go back to speaking complete sentences again.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

It's not the power creep in She-Hulk's strength that bothers most of us long-term fans here. Jen can grow as strong as she needs to be, we saw that under Slott's run as she fought the Champion. She can seriously bulk up as how Pelletier drew her upon returning to Earth and needing John Jameson's old Jupiter Suit. Ok, maybe she should still have that tapered, feminine profile.

What bothers us is her "dumb Hulk" personality that Aaron inflicted on her to the point that, as I read elsewhere, she's just Hulk with boobs. Stan Lee created her a lawyer with her legals smarts carrying over to her Hulk form. She fights intelligently, not just an aimless brawler. Plus, with the skills taught to her by Gamora, she knows debilitating nerve cluster strikes that can bring down her opponent. As a human that helped her take out muggers. As She-Hulk she aced Abomination.

Aaron wanted to change her but it wasn't for the better.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    It's not the power creep in She-Hulk's strength that bothers most of us long-term fans here. Jen can grow as strong as she needs to be, we saw that under Slott's run as she fought the Champion. She can seriously bulk up as how Pelletier drew her upon returning to Earth and needing John Jameson's old Jupiter Suit. Ok, maybe she should still have that tapered, feminine profile.

What bothers us is her "dumb Hulk" personality that Aaron inflicted on her to the point that, as I read elsewhere, she's just Hulk with boobs. Stan Lee created her a lawyer with her legals smarts carrying over to her Hulk form. She fights intelligently, not just an aimless brawler. Plus, with the skills taught to her by Gamora, she knows debilitating nerve cluster strikes that can bring down her opponent. As a human that helped her take out muggers. As She-Hulk she aced Abomination.

Exactly...pretty much every "strong person" has had that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

And he keeps trying to downplay the She-Hulk name by acting like she's just "Hulk" now as if it was somehow wrong for her to be called She-Hulk.

He's had characters he's written in the past make fun of her name before too.

And that issue of trying to justify the change in character just didn't really work.

I really get this feeling World War She-Hulk is her last thing with this run as Hulk will likely go back to normal after Immortal and Aaron will just ditch her and get Bruce, he's teasing a big change for the 50th.

Mighty Member

A She-Hulk book written by Jed Mckay would be very cool. I don't like the writing of Kelly Thompson, I just find his stories not that interesting.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

I was always a fan of her debut “Savage” look with the long nails and wild eyebrows.

I do like XXL muscle Jen though, but she can control her powers well so she doesn’t have to be that muscular all the time.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 06-01-2021 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I was always a fan of her debut “Savage” look with the long nails and wild eyebrows.

I do like XXL muscle Jen though, but she can control her powers well so she doesn’t have to be that muscular all the time.
    I still have that first issue.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Incredible Member

Would muscular and thicc work better? Keeps the curves and the mass? Anyways, World War She Hulk is certainly the last round for Jen. I'd like her to keep the muscle but Aaron's run has made that look toxic for now.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

And he keeps trying to downplay the She-Hulk name by acting like she's just "Hulk" now as if it was somehow wrong for her to be called She-Hulk.

He's had characters he's written in the past make fun of her name before too.

And that issue of trying to justify the change in character just didn't really work.
    Yeah, especially that last part. He really engaged in some sexist, ugly writing there by trying to redefine She-Hulk's past as nothing but pain and anger caused by lots of sexual harassment and nothing else, saying that because she is "ugly" she will never be harassed again, and striping her of all femininity and intelligence. Aaron really did a huge disservice to the character and whatever value there may be in trying to have She-Hulk in this form, he's ruined it for a very long time.