Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Since when can Hulk breathe underwater?

Marvel’s got to leave Namor something
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Bruce..._Vol_1_138-158

Underwater Breathing: The Hulk has been on the ocean floor a number of times. The Hulk is able to breathe due to his body developing a gland which creates an oxygenated perfluorocarbon emulsion which fills his lungs and equalizes the pressure.[158][169] He is therefore able to breathe fluid and avoid decompression and nitrogen narcosis.
    Sources referenced are Hulk 138 and 145

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    No it's infuriating. Like Hughes, Bartel's work is so much better than the actual artist. Just. Pay. Bartel. To. Do. The. Book. Is being a variant cover artist so lucrative that certain artist can get by on doing just that?!
    Completely agree with you; however I'm not sure it's a matter of what's more lucrative, but rather the fact that none of these A-list cover artists are fast enough to handle a monthly book....
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

No it's infuriating. Like Hughes, Bartel's work is so much better than the actual artist. Just. Pay. Bartel. To. Do. The. Book. Is being a variant cover artist so lucrative that certain artist can get by on doing just that?!
    Yes they can. Both Jenny Frison and Jen Bartel do this. Also, Jen Bartel has contracts with shoe companies like Adidas and Puma and designs super hero themed sneakers for them. Jen is either probably not interested in doing interiors (which was the case with Frison) OR more than Marvel wants to pay for an interior artist. It's rad as hell they got her for covers though.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Yes they can. Both Jenny Frison and Jen Bartel do this. Also, Jen Bartel has contracts with shoe companies like Adidas and Puma and designs super hero themed sneakers for them. Jen is either probably not interested in doing interiors OR more than Marvel wants to pay for an interior artist. It's rad as hell they got her for covers though.
    It amazes me that more fans aren't turned off by being consistently shown such great art on the cover and being given something else on the inside. Variants are made for collectors so I guess it doesn't matter. It just irks me!
    Last edited by Anthony W; 10-19-2021 at 09:01 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

It amazes me that more fans aren't turned off by being consistently shown such great art on the cover and being given something else on the inside. Variants are made for collectors so I guess it doesn't matter. It just irks me!
    I was under hte impression that Jen is the A cover artist, which is the main cover?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

I was under hte impression that Jen is the A cover artist, which is the main cover?

My brain blew up. Just go with the first part aboit how more fans aren't turned off by being consistently shown such great art on the cover and being given something else on the inside.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

The practice has gone on long enough that many fans are just blasé about it.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    Other than the fact she never regarded herself as ugly or ever said men were bad. Also she could express herself in complete sentences. I find this particularly annoying to post as it means defending Aaron’s run with the character.
    That's what I meant

Marvel should just open the wallet and pay Hughes to draw the comic. What we have here is the same problem we had with Guardians Of The Galaxy and Brett Booth. No one wants to look at a Hughes cover and then immediately have to lower their expectations for the regular artist. Instead of paying for covers from artist that people really want...why not just pay them to do the book?!

Is Marvel that cheap or is being a variant cover artist just that dang lucrative for certain artist like Hughes and Booth? If so more power to them.

Also, this was the best writer they could get? The character is getting a D+ series. You would think they would try for someone more...top tier.
    Same, books have gorgeous covers but interior art just isn't it.I get why they might not do it for stuff like She-hulk though, she isn't an A lister(yet, D+ may change that) but A list characters like Spider-man should have the best cover artists doing full issues.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Re-read Spiderfan's post before you get too mad; he said he hopes they "drop the whole 'I like being ugly, man bad and can't talk in sentences hulk smash' stuff".

Punctuation is our friend, folks.
    I thought it was understandable, my bad and thanks

It is, like a comic w/ good interior art is a massive selling point

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    How many issues will it take before Jen gets dragged into Slott's Reckoning War? This may or may not be a hint of that, but I'm leaning towards the latter.

"And when a friend from her past comes knocking with a mystery she can’t resist, she’ll quickly be back to bashing. The last page of this debut issue is going to send Jen down a road she’s never traveled, one that will shake up her life and possibly the whole Marvel Universe."
    https://www.gamesradar.com/reckoning...vel-dan-slott/

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Looks like it .

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Artgerm variant cover with a throwback corner box. Shulkie adding some gold bling with a matching collar to boot.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Jen Bartel's covers are getting corner boxes too. wondering is this is something they're reinstating going forward?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Artgerm variant cover with a throwback corner box. Shulkie adding some gold bling with a matching collar to boot.

Oooh I'm definitely picking this up (assuming it's not some thousand dollar 1:500 nonsense )!

Jen Bartel's covers are getting corner boxes too. wondering is this is something they're reinstating going forward?
    I'd love it if Marvel brought back corner boxes across the line.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

Some of these variant covers are getting insanely expensive especially if they are ones that don’t occur in the U.K. and you have to import them from the US.