Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

"It’s simple really. I just wanted a Hulk who looked like a Hulk." Insert Nick cage meme of you don't say here.
    Reasoning is stupid. You could have had another hulk then but doesn't excuse lazy bad writing with her.

It really puts that tie-in issue about Jen that Aaron wrote during War of the Realms into a much worse light because at that point, it’s not only a false empowerment statement but it now comes across as a child angrily screaming at the fact that people don’t like the way they’re playing with other people’s toys, bending and breaking them in ways they were never meant to all for their own personal amusement.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'd love to see a She-Hulk Marvel Legends wave! My picks for the figures:

1. She-Hulk [lawyer suit version]
    2. She-Hulk [purple/white hero version]
    3. Titania
    4. The Leader
    5. Man-Elephant
    6. Starfox
    7. Man-Wolf

Build-A-Figure: Awesome Andy
    Nice list, though the Leader has been released recently. Giving the trends with these waves tend to have mix of comic and MCU, my list would be:

She-Hulk TV version
    Jennifer Walter's TV version
    She-Hulk comic version, which could be Savage, F4 or costume version , with possible another version being released later but they may do this version separately, so I will also add Man-Wolf
    Comic Titania (she really needs to be done)
    Jameela Jamil ( character, not confirmed which villain she is)
    The Grappler
    Lyra

Build-A-Figure, Awesome Andy, Behemoth (powered Mab-Elephant) or Winter Hulk/ Aaron She-Hulk, purely just to see if Hasbro would do it.

I am also looking forward to a new Marvel select figure, the last one, while beautifully sculpted is an awful figure.

Incredible Member

Even when Aaron is right... he's wrong... "Looking like a Hulk" was always less of a problem with me. She does look like a spray painted "tall girl" than someone who should be the strongest of Marvel females. Aaron wanted a Hulk personality. There's no real reason for that. That Jen Walters could have looked at her new physique and go "I can make this work" is the real Jenny. Then you could go do your "not for the Male Gaze Body-Positivity Body Diversity" angle Aaron seems to be straining to do. You still have her rocking a dress, be high spirited and confident (this is what should have attracted Thor in the first place!) instead of the grunting Cave Woman for Lolz.

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    Even when Aaron is right... he's wrong... "Looking like a Hulk" was always less of a problem with me. She does look like a spray painted "tall girl" than someone who should be the strongest of Marvel females. Aaron wanted a Hulk personality. There's no real reason for that. That Jen Walters could have looked at her new physique and go "I can make this work" is the real Jenny. Then you could go do your "not for the Male Gaze Body-Positivity Body Diversity" angle Aaron seems to be straining to do. You still have her rocking a dress, be high spirited and confident (this is what should have attracted Thor in the first place!) instead of the grunting Cave Woman for Lolz.
    I think the thing is though is that I don't think Jen would want to look like a traditional Hulk.

And Aaron has been the master of the mixed messaging with his handling of her in his run. He can never seem to keep his message or use of her consistently other than as a dumb female Hulk.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Jen's logos have always been blocky.
    Eh, we got a small concession with the curvy "SHE" in Slott's and David's books. I want Marvel to do the entire name in a new font.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the thing is though is that I don't think Jen would want to look like a traditional Hulk.

And Aaron has been the master of the mixed messaging with his handling of her in his run. He can never seem to keep his message or use of her consistently other than as a dumb female Hulk.
    This, Jen liked how she looked in her sensational hulk form.She would try to get rid of her current look asap.

Oh, Gorilla Man...
    spoilers:
    He said she shouldn't kill him as she's a Hulk, so she's cursed enough as it is. He actually WANTS to die, but not at her hands, because whoever kills him becomes the next Gorilla Man (or Woman!).
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Oh, Gorilla Man...
    spoilers:
    He said she shouldn't kill him as she's a Hulk, so she's cursed enough as it is. He actually WANTS to die, but not at her hands, because whoever kills him becomes the next Gorilla Man (or Woman!).
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Also it's hinted that Red Widow maybe and the other shoulders may become Hulks, as we are shown a vial of Hulk blood (which was drained from Jen by the vampires to break her will) attached to her arm as a fail safe. As the Russians plan to Nuke Atlantis, while Jen deals with Namor
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by comicfan298; 09-02-2021 at 05:23 AM.

BANNED

Reading that blog from Jason Aaron... i haven't laughed this hard in a long time. If ever there was a man that was full of it...

First thing, anyone notice how in that blog he does not at all talk why he changed her personality so drastically? He just addresses her physical form. He also inserts how he didn't want Banner Hulk(obvious lie) since he already wrote him, despite the fact that he has written many characters including famously Thor that he still keeps writing and bring in stuff, over and over and over... So he tells us he didn't want Bruce Banner but he wanted Jen and also wanted to make her "different" by making her look exactly like Banner Hulk and also have her act like the dumb Banner Hulk. This man is a literal walking contradiction, the stuff he says LITERALLY don't match up with reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    So he tells us he didn't want Bruce Banner but he wanted Jen and also wanted to make her "different" by making her look exactly like Banner Hulk and also have her act like the dumb Banner Hulk. This man is a literal walking contradiction, the stuff he says LITERALLY don't match up with reality.
    That's basically word for word, exactly what I was gonna type after reading that Blog. I mean, it's such a huge contradiction, it beggars belief how he could have typed it, presumably proof-read and and at no point thought to himself "OK, hang on a minute, I need to go a bit deeper here because this makes NO SENSE WHATSOEVER!!!"

"The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

I forgot to post this here. Our first look at some official merchandise for the She-Hulk Disney+ series. I appreciated the light-hearted vibes this shirt’s giving off, and how it probably reflects the tone of the show.

Fantastic Member Supergirl's Pal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    Nice list, though the Leader has been released recently. Giving the trends with these waves tend to have mix of comic and MCU, my list would be:

She-Hulk TV version
    She-Hulk comic version, which could be Savage, F4 or costume version , with possible another version being released later but they may do this version separately, so I will also add Man-Wolf
    The Grappler
    Lyra

Build-A-Figure, Awesome Andy, Behemoth (powered Mab-Elephant) or Winter Hulk/ Aaron She-Hulk, purely just to see if Hasbro would do it.

I am also looking forward to a new Marvel select figure, the last one, while beautifully sculpted is an awful figure.
    Great lists! Titania is certainly long overdue. I would love to see an action figure two pack with comic Jennifer Walters in her human and She-Hulk forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Supergirl's Pal View Post
    Great lists! Titania is certainly long overdue. I would love to see an action figure two pack with comic Jennifer Walters in her human and She-Hulk forms.
    I think that would be more likely.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post

She-Hulk TV version
    The Grappler
    Lyra

No Jazinda??