Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Jen is closer with almost every member of the current Avengers roster than she is with Peter, and their presence has made no difference in whether or not she becomes sensational again--so there is no reason to believe that Peter's presence would make any change whatsoever in that regard. Jennifer isn't how she is right now because of the absence or presence of any character in the book. She is that way because that is the direction the book's current writer, Jason Aaron, has chosen to take her in. So she will remain that way until he stops writing the character or until he chooses to change direction.
    Spider-Man has the built in audience who would help to increase sales of Aaron's Mighty Avengers by 20%. Those Spider-Readers would get to know the whole cast because Spidey is a member of the team, led by Carol Danvers. Everything has to have a starting point. One can say that Deadpool and Wolverine should have nothing to do with Peter. Yet their partnership sells. The same can apply towards Spider-Man x She-Hulk. There is a huge story and marketing potential with She-Hulk x Spider-Man working as close allies. When it comes to $$$, that's all Marvel/Disney care about...

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Spider-Man has the built in audience who would help to increase sales of Aaron's Mighty Avengers by 20%.
    This is just conjecture. It is naïve or simplistic to assume that plopping Spider-Man into a book will increase sales. Because if the writing sucks, not even Spider-Man will boost sales.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Sure, and if I were him, I'd hint at pairing them romantically but never pull the trigger just to piss off the Peter/MJ stans. Their collective meltdown would be beyond epic.
    I never said that anyone would replace MJ as Peter's love interest. I want to see characters who can be an alternative to The Black Cat as Peter's ally because they offer a different dynamic. Romance is never a priority when it comes to character development. The main reason why MJ works was because she was not Peter's first romantic interest or first girlfriend. MJ and Peter began their relationship as friends that was a slow development that was never "in your face" love making. No one was counting bets to when Peter and MJ would crash and burn because their friendship was the bedrock of their relationship. The same can be applied towards Peter and Jennifer in a platonic manner.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 03-30-2021 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I never said that anyone would replace MJ as Peter's love interest.
    You do know that Celgress is aware of that and just teasingly, and hypothetically, stretching this whole Peter/Jen ship to another level?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    This is just conjecture. It is naïve or simplistic to assume that plopping Spider-Man into a book will increase sales. Because if the writing sucks, not even Spider-Man will boost sales.
    It all depends on whose writing the story. I agree that Spider-Man alone will not help with increased sales. But as a member of the team(who knows he's Peter Parker) he can make a great contribution to the team's mission. Something that's rarely seen (outside his book) in his genius level intellect being put to good use, instead of wisecrack jokes all the time. Although, I feel that Aaron can write a good Peter Parker/Spider-Man characterization that would go well with Jennifer's character. He made Thor x Jennifer dialog work. The same could be applied towards Jennifer and Peter...
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 03-30-2021 at 12:53 AM.

We need to cut this "Spider-Man's presence could boost sales and contribute to the team" discussion short because it has nothing to do with She-Hulk. If it continues I will move all related posts to a new thread in the Spider-Man forum.

For compliance.

Edit: And no, Darthfury78, editing your post to insert Jennifer does not make it relevant to the thread. You should know better than to do a stunt like that.
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.

Arrow

You do know that Celgress is aware of that and just teasingly, and hypothetically, stretching this whole Peter/Jen ship to another level?
    I'm guilty as charged. Plus, I find some of the MJ/Peter stans are very annoying in their constant petty attacks on other relationship options (past, present, or hypothetical future) for Spidey (as are many other dedicated shippers regardless of property) so any chance I get to "tease" them I'll take it.

Sorry if I derailed this thread slightly, that was not my goal.
    Last edited by Celgress; 03-30-2021 at 08:31 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

It worked for Bendis.

Fantastic Member Supergirl's Pal's Avatar

I'd want something analogous between Jennifer and Peter. In one episode of Disney+ She-Hulk, Jen gets a dossier about her next client, and all we see are "Peter P" with the rest of the last name hidden, and "adhesive". Then later, we see Jen meeting Peter for the first time, but only the back of his brown-haired head is showing. Finally, when his face is revealed, it's an actor no one expects, and she calls him "Mr. Peter Petruski. 'The Traspter", eh?" That would be a delicious bait-and-switch.

But seriously, I hope in the comics they do a reform arc for Peter involving Jen. I think the last time they met was when both Jen and Lyra apprehended him in She-Hulks.

Ah She-Hulks.... Now that was a series that should have lasted longer. I miss Lyra and the way she and Jen were drawn and colored.

"一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    It worked for Bendis.
    yep Bendis put Wolverine and Spider-Man on the Avengers and his books sold like hotcakes for years and years.

Sales aren't as important these days anyway. Marvel's comic sales aren't enough to support the company like they were in decade past. Thankfully Disney is using them for R&D for tv, movies, videogames, merchandising etc. So it works
    The J-man

is she using the Absorbing man's chain/ball there? if so... hmm..

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    is she using the Absorbing man's chain/ball there? if so... hmm..
    Looks more like she is just breaking out of some chains.

"一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.

wow. very cool. hopefully she has plenty of good scenes.