Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Jen will break the 4th wall in the show:

https://thedirect.com/article/she-hu...ampaign=buffer

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    What do you all think of the rumors that Megan Thee Stallion is going to be a recurring character (as herself) in the She-Hulk series? I'm a bit a leery on the subject, as pop stars trying to act (especially as themselves) can be incredibly hit or miss. For every Whitney Houston who nails it we have Mariah Carey or Cardi B who... can't. This also implies something about the soundtrack that I'm not sure I like; I've always felt a jazz score with diegetic alternative music as a supplement would be the ideal mix for Jen; a lively jazz score (with more mournful jazz piano asides) suits her character incredibly well, and alternative would show how Jen marches to her own beat and not necessarily to what the mainstream wants without going into hipster territory. Think Royal Blood, girl in red, All Time Low, Foo Fighters, etc.

But that's just me. Jen just doesn't strike me as someone who listens to hip-hop. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So, all of that projection aside (interesting that you swore the character off an entire genre of music based on nothing), if MCU Jen is an entertainment lawyer, celebrity cameos make sense. It'll also set her apart from the heroes we've seen before if she has tangible connections to pop culture vs. being an entity unto herself (or unto the Avengers.)

Idk what it'd even have to do with the soundtrack. The rumor is she's appearing in the series, not doing the music.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    So, all of that projection aside (interesting that you swore the character off an entire genre of music based on nothing), if MCU Jen is an entertainment lawyer, celebrity cameos make sense. It'll also set her apart from the heroes we've seen before if she has tangible connections to pop culture vs. being an entity unto herself (or unto the Avengers.)
    I was thinking about how The Fast And The Furious film series frequently has rap/R&B stars make cameos in the films and their soundtracks are filled with the latest in rap/R&B, often with the artist who cameoed in the film doing a song or two for said soundtrack. This was not repeated with Cardi B's small role in F9 however (the soundtrack was the same as always but she's not on it). I'm not projecting but basing my admitted assumptions on other blockbuster franchises' precedents.

As for the genre of music itself and whether it applies to the character, that's all eye of the beholder stuff, I am sure everyone has a different opinion on what would suit every Marvel superhero the best. I bet there's a lot of people who wish that Star-Lord would move beyond 70's pop too.

Tying a character too much to modern pop culture is always a risky gamble - it can pay rich dividends if it's done well but risks aging the property poorly and if it's awkwardly utilized it can turn people away. We'll see how this works out.
    Last edited by macattack; 07-06-2021 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post

curious. I hope at best it is some form of "private confessional", video diary, that reality shows and sitcoms have done-- and Wandavision-- I'd rather not see her start venting to the camera in the middle of fights or courtroom scenes. Deadpool's nonstop edgelord shtick is annoying as heck for me. I don't want to see Jen go down that path.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    curious. I hope at best it is some form of "private confessional", video diary, that reality shows and sitcoms have done-- and Wandavision-- I'd rather not see her start venting to the camera in the middle of fights or courtroom scenes. Deadpool's nonstop edgelord shtick is annoying as heck for me. I don't want to see Jen go down that path.
    To be fair, She-Hulk was doing it long before Deadpool.

Well we know they're doing Deadpool anyways so they'll have to cross that bridge at some point

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post

Well, if anyone could pull it off, it's her.

Incredible Member

Is anyone else crossing their fingers that we'll get a semblance of the "original" She-Hulk after the current WWShe-Hulk arc in Avengers?

Heck I'll even take both. Like having the current She-Hulk being a "level up" when she gets mad(er).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Is anyone else crossing their fingers that we'll get a semblance of the "original" She-Hulk after the current WWShe-Hulk arc in Avengers?

Heck I'll even take both. Like having the current She-Hulk being a "level up" when she gets mad(er).
    Yes. I feel like we probably will to line up with the Disney+ show.

No, not really, not with the way things are now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    shouldn't Avengers Mountain be more secure?
    spoilers:
    When one of your security/tech guys is selling you out because he wants to die...then 'no'.
    end of spoilers

Seems more likely now given the most recent Avengers issue. Aaron included some not-so-subtle expository dialogue to remind us about Jen's extra gamma radiation, so that's definitely going to have a payoff.

I actually liked She Hulks portrayal in this week's Avengers issue, intelligent thought bubbles works for me.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Astonishing Member

Attachment 111416

This is an interesting interaction between She-Hulk and Juggernaut
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 07-12-2021 at 01:56 PM.