Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I'm down for Rainbow Rowell's She-Hulk. Glad she is going back to her classic look and personality. Wasn't a fan of what Aarons was doing with the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    And through the dumpster fire, a glimmer of hope...

https://www.cbr.com/she-hulk-marvel-new-series/
    Okay this can be a proof that God exists. Jennifer is returning.

Thank god Jen is going back to normal.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member

Is the writer any good?
    Can't be worse than Aaron but still a bad writer can make it real bad.Really hope they drop the whole I like being ugly, man bad and Can't talk in sentences hulk smash stuff.

Rowell writing a She-Hulk solo book is old news, only the covers are new info. We found out the book exists when we found out about Avengers Forever and Reckoning War.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Finally! She's back .

And her book is as ready to move on from Aaron as we are .

I wonder if the friend is Patsy. Although she's busy over in Iron Man...
    Iron Man is set in the past relative to other books - Ben Reilly is busy there too as Scarlet Spider, but he just became Spider-Man again in ASM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I guess they're also bringing back the Slott-era costume instead of the purple bikini .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Is the writer any good?
    Can't be worse than Aaron but still a bad writer can make it real bad.Really hope they drop the whole I like being ugly, man bad and Can't talk in sentences hulk smash stuff.
    Other than the fact she never regarded herself as ugly or ever said men were bad. Also she could express herself in complete sentences. I find this particularly annoying to post as it means defending Aaron’s run with the character.

Marvel should just open the wallet and pay Hughes to draw the comic. What we have here is the same problem we had with Guardians Of The Galaxy and Brett Booth. No one wants to look at a Hughes cover and then immediately have to lower their expectations for the regular artist. Instead of paying for covers from artist that people really want...why not just pay them to do the book?!

Is Marvel that cheap or is being a variant cover artist just that dang lucrative for certain artist like Hughes and Booth? If so more power to them.

Also, this was the best writer they could get? The character is getting a D+ series. You would think they would try for someone more...top tier.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Jen Bartel is going to be the regular cover artist for this series, that’s exciting! This will be my introduction to Rainbow Rowell’s writing, I’ve always heard decent things about Runaways so that has me feeling reassured. As for Antonio, he drew She-hulk briefly in X-Men Red, so you have a reference point of what to expect from the interior.

Last edited by Dipter; 10-19-2021 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Jen Bartel is going to be the regular cover artist for this series, that’s exciting! This will be my introduction to Rainbow Rowell’s writing, I’ve always heard decent things about Runaways so that has me feeling reassured. As for Antonio, he drew She-hulk briefly in X-Men Red, so you have a reference point of what to expect from the interior.

Bonus points for normal Jen .

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Is the writer any good?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    Other than the fact she never regarded herself as ugly or ever said men were bad. Also she could express herself in complete sentences. I find this particularly annoying to post as it means defending Aaron’s run with the character.
    Re-read Spiderfan's post before you get too mad; he said he hopes they "drop the whole 'I like being ugly, man bad and can't talk in sentences hulk smash' stuff".

Punctuation is our friend, folks.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Pretty underwhelming art, tbh. But I'll take it over Juan Bobillo or Javier Pulido any day of the week!

To this day I don't understand what Marvel was thinking with either of them; especially when they had someone (Paul Pelletier) much more suitable for She-Hulk available.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    She-Hulk can breath underwater now, must be a new power
    Hulk can so not really a surprise that Jen can.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Hulk can so not really a surprise that Jen can.
    Since when can Hulk breathe underwater?

Marvel’s got to leave Namor something
    The J-man

Jen Bartel is going to be the regular cover artist for this series, that’s exciting!
    No it's infuriating. Like Hughes, Bartel's work is so much better than the actual artist. Just. Pay. Bartel. To. Do. The. Book. Is being a variant cover artist so lucrative that certain artist can get by on doing just that?!
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest