Page 23 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Seriously, this is the best Jason Aaron can come up with? How is this man still writing the Avengers?

Wanna make somethin' of it?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    There's a pretty great She-Hulk-themed story in Pride today.
    Not if you're interested in an actual story featuring Jennifer Walters.🙄

Yeah.
    spoilers:
    Because it's not Walters at all, it's a transgender girl cosplaying her who chose to name herself Jennifer when she transitioned because she's a fan of Sensational She-Hulk.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah.
    spoilers:
    Because it's not Walters at all, it's a transgender girl cosplaying her who chose to name herself Jennifer when she transitioned because she's a fan of Sensational She-Hulk.
    end of spoilers
    And reflective of the actual writer of the story, as I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by BAS View Post
    Not if you're interested in an actual story featuring Jennifer Walters.��
    I mean, it features the influence She-Hulk has on others which is something we haven't really seen explored.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic1967 View Post
    Seriously, this is the best Jason Aaron can come up with? How is this man still writing the Avengers?

I am sure Aaron can come up with something better, he just doesn't want to. A lot of Marvel and DC writers don't want to give the companies they're working for any of their good ideas, so they just regurgitate what happened in the past in a different form, or use their absolutely least-inspired ideas if they're to give them anything at all.

Of course, it is also quite possible that Aaron has been informed that he has to give She-Hulk up soon and he is intentionally trying to destroy the character to make it impossible for her to be properly utilized for a while. But I think the first scenario is more realistic.
    Last edited by macattack; 06-27-2021 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    I am sure Aaron can come up with something better, he just doesn't want to. A lot of Marvel and DC writers don't want to give the companies they're working for any of their good ideas, so they just regurgitate what happened in the past in a different form, or use their absolutely least-inspired ideas if they're to give them anything at all.

Of course, it is also quite possible that Aaron has been informed that he has to give She-Hulk up soon and he is intentionally trying to destroy the character to make it impossible for her to be properly utilized for a while. But I think the first scenario is more realistic.
    Our maybe this is just a terrible idea?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Spectacular Member

I mean, it features the influence She-Hulk has on others which is something we haven't really seen explored.
    That's fine, except it was advertised as a story featuring She-Hulk. It was misleading, and led to some online outrage that was completely unwarranted. Enough outrage that the writer had to post online that it was an alternate take on She-Hulk.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Was Winter soldier being Hulked out or was it Hulk being Winter Soldier'ed
    The second one. Hulk was "Winter Soldier'ed".

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Seriously, WHEN THE HELL ARE THEY GOING TO BRING BACK THE ONE TRUE SHE-HULK?!! I really miss my favourite "Gammazon".

Quote Originally Posted by BAS View Post
    That's fine, except it was advertised as a story featuring She-Hulk. It was misleading, and led to some online outrage that was completely unwarranted. Enough outrage that the writer had to post online that it was an alternate take on She-Hulk.
    Anyone getting outraged over that VERY short story needs to get their lives together. It was just a cute story with some trans representation and an adoration for the character of She-Hulk.

Bruce's Hulk "sort of" also went red recently. Basically the persona Joe Fixit (who was originally grey, but then became a sort of longue lizard version of Banner for a while in Devil's "Hulk system") got cosmic energy from the U-Foes, although his new regular Hulk form is Grey/Green with glowing red veins and occasionally eyes.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member

Anyone getting outraged over that VERY short story needs to get their lives together. It was just a cute story with some trans representation and an adoration for the character of She-Hulk.
    Agreed. After the story came out, people see now what the writer was going for.

And I haven’t heard any complaints any where else about it.

All the complaints I saw were before the story came out, and people assumed they were making Jen trans.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Agreed. After the story came out, people see now what the writer was going for.

And I haven’t heard any complaints any where else about it.

All the complaints I saw were before the story came out, and people assumed they were making Jen trans.
    Aaron would get some serious sales traction if he would add Spider-Man to his Avengers run. Spider-Hulk vs She-Hulk would bring the series to the level of One Piece and Dragonball Z combined, as far as increased sales projection goes...

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Aaron would get some serious sales traction if he would add Spider-Man to his Avengers run.
    We've gone over this numerous times in the past. You keep on confidently claiming that without providing unequivocal proof it will work. Time to stop flogging a dead horse. Count #53.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES