Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    The MCU design is surprisingly accurate to John Byrne's, with the tall, slender body-type. I won't be too shocked if the show attracts some criticism for not making her beefier. God, I hope the visual effect looks good, if She-hulk falls into the uncanny valley that's going to turn off so many viewers. The success of the series hinges on this.
    I wonder how far into the bombshell look they will go as opposed to the hulk-ish. Its a different time and that concept of her hulking out into a male fantasy might not land. But if they are going full on comedy, maybe it will.
    (I still wince at Angie Harmon's take on the character that whereas Hulk gets angry, She-Hulk gets H*RNY)
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I presume that this is the los angeles skyline?

... I guess we'll have to wait and see how jennifer's power-up is handled on the show, if it's directly adapted from the old comics (gangsters, blood transfusion), given a totally new update, etc.?
    I wouldn't be surprised if they tweaked the story here and there so Banner can't just turn anyone into a Hulk through a blood transfusion.

I was confused when I saw the teaser because Jen looked like a child when she was in that chamber in the teaser then I realized that it was because Professor Hulk is just ridiculously tall.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    The MCU design is surprisingly accurate to John Byrne's, with the tall, slender body-type. I won't be too shocked if the show attracts some criticism for not making her beefier. God, I hope the visual effect looks good, if She-hulk falls into the uncanny valley that's going to turn off so many viewers. The success of the series hinges on this.
    I admit I was slightly disappointed that she didn't look beefier but I will wait and see how the final product looks.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I admit I was slightly disappointed that she didn't look beefier but I will wait and see how the final product looks.
    Same. But who knows what the final product will look like. And it's not like she didn't look strong anyway, she just didn't have the kind of raw mass I was hoping for. I didn't want a ridiculously huge She-Hulk anyway; no Aaron Avengers type of Jennifer for me, thanks. But still, a little more muscle would've been nice.

Do we know how they're doing the effects for She-Hulk? Is it full Ruffalo style cgi, or something more low-tech like Ferringo era body paint? If they're not building a full cgi body for She-Hulk and this is the actress in (something akin to) body paint, that might explain why Jennifer isn't bulkier.

Conversely they might be going for a more "athletic" approach than a "body builder" one, where Jenn's enhanced speed and agility are played up as much as, if not more than, the strength. In that case, the lean muscle makes sense too. More of a running back than a linebacker.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I wonder how far into the bombshell look they will go as opposed to the hulk-ish. Its a different time and that concept of her hulking out into a male fantasy might not land. But if they are going full on comedy, maybe it will.
    (I still wince at Angie Harmon's take on the character that whereas Hulk gets angry, She-Hulk gets H*RNY)
    The one shot of her in She-Hulk form is from the back in tight sport clothes and there was another image of her in a dress with a leg slit so I think they're definitely not going to downplay that Jen in her She-Hulk form is a looker at least.

Mighty Member

I loved that homage clip to the Hulk TV show.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    …so I think they're definitely not going to downplay that Jen in her She-Hulk form is a looker at least.
    Captain Carter was still a looker even buffed up. If Jen's She-Hulk body leans toward that I definitely won't mind.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Captain Carter was still a looker even buffed up. If Jen's She-Hulk body leans toward that I definitely won't mind.
    Could also be like the comics where she bulks up a little when she fights someone.

I wonder how far into the bombshell look they will go as opposed to the hulk-ish. Its a different time and that concept of her hulking out into a male fantasy might not land.
    I think you're being a little hypocritical. Women have been going crazy for male MCU heroes (Who are subject to more gaze than the women) for quite some time. I see nothing wrong with this She-Hulk.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 11-12-2021 at 10:07 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I think you're being a little hypocritical. Women have been going crazy for male MCU heroes (Who are subject to more gaze than the women) for quite some time. I see nothing wrong with this She-Hulk.
    There are so many shirtless male scene's blatantly sexualizing men from Captain America's serum transformation in the early days to Peter(a minor as well) being shirtless in front MJ very recently.It's shameless, I don't see a problem w/ it(for men and women both, it's a fictional work.People watch movies for fun, doesn't mean they shouldn't have realism but at the end of the day they are escapism first) but it's hypocritical for to criticize it for one sex and not the other.

The irony is people who seem to complain about this are the same ones drooling for the male characters...

I still wince at Angie Harmon's take on the character that whereas Hulk gets angry, She-Hulk gets H*RNY
    I'f I'm not mistaken isn't her being more confident and outward when She-hulk as compared to being timid and repressed as human Jen a thing for a long time and what people like about her character(been a while so if correct me if I'm wrong).
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 11-13-2021 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I'f I'm not mistaken isn't her being more confident and outward when She-hulk as compared to being timid and repressed as human Jen a thing for a long time and what people like about her character(been a while so if correct me if I'm wrong).
    Yeah, several writers wrote her as less... inhibited in general.... including doing stuff like sleeping with the Juggernaut, or Hercules.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah, several writers wrote her as less... inhibited in general.... including doing stuff like sleeping with the Juggernaut, or Hercules.
    IIRC they retconned the Juggernaut thing as an alt. universe She-hulk but yeah.Thanks for confirming!

Jen is shy and meek but has a strong moral compass. Being She Hulk allows her to be unapologetic, confident and uninhibited. Unlike Bruce, whose transformation brings out the worst in him, for Jen it brings out the best in her. The show has female showrunners so I think there is a good chance that Jen's expression of her sexuality will be more nuanced and tasteful.

Looks good. Jen should be a little beefier, preferably somewhere between an athlete and a bodybuilder. Loved the 4th wall break at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Ah the good old Chuck Austen X-men run. I don't consider many things from that run canon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    IIRC they retconned the Juggernaut thing as an alt. universe She-hulk but yeah.Thanks for confirming!
    If UX-Men #435 and UX-Men #436 were retconned wouldn't that wreck and affect the Trial of Juggernaut arc?
    Last edited by Micabe; 11-13-2021 at 02:26 AM. Reason: Link(s) added.

Incredible Member

The CGI She-Hulk looked a bit off, her lower legs looked far to thin for the rest of her body, even in the brief shot we saw it was really noticeable. It was like she hardly had any calf muscles.