Page 369 of 774 FirstFirst ... 269319359365366367368369370371372373379419469 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,535 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Ok. Beings like Eternity are based on that as well?
    Yeah, general rule for most cosmic characters.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

I'm still not sure why that is.
    No one really knows, but best guess is that she's part of the classic old-school Avengers cast, and they haven't done a book like that since Remender's "Uncanny Avengers."

Most writers who like her are fans of the classic Avengers, whch is probably why Joss Whedon got her into the MCU to begin with, and many more writers are X-Men fans than Avengers fans, which is how you get Jonathan Hickman never writing her when he wrote the Avengers, but putting her into his X-Men run as a mutant boogyman.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah, general rule for most cosmic characters.
    Ok

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    No one really knows, but best guess is that she's part of the classic old-school Avengers cast, and they haven't done a book like that since Remender's "Uncanny Avengers."

Most writers who like her are fans of the classic Avengers, whch is probably why Joss Whedon got her into the MCU to begin with, and many more writers are X-Men fans than Avengers fans, which is how you get Jonathan Hickman never writing her when he wrote the Avengers, but putting her into his X-Men run as a mutant boogyman.
    So it's just revenge from X-Men writers?

Tbh, not every hero needs to be threatened by the villain. Some stories can work in a different way.
    That's true. That's why I gave the example of a Wizard of Earthsea. The main "villain" of that book came from within (it was the dark half of the main hero's personality), NOT without.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I can't see Kurt buying into the whole Pretender nonsense. So she would have an ally in Krakoa. Her popping up in Way of X is something I'm hoping for. Or SWORD because they have snazzy outfits and I could see Brand trying to recruit her as an off the books agent.

I disagree because Wanda lives in a shared universe. So you could always find threats for her.

Daredevil is my favorite Marvel hero but alot of his big villians are from other characters. Like Kingpin who originated as a Spiderman villian.
    I think a villain outside of Wanda's rogues' gallery could work. But I think he/she would need a strong connection to her. Even in the MCU, I don't feel Ultron and Thanos were really dudes she shared a lot of storytime with.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    That's true. That's why I gave the example of a Wizard of Earthsea. The main "villain" of that book came from within (it was the dark half of the main hero's personality), NOT without.
    Yeah, and some villains don't necessarily need to be mega powerful or dangerous, as long as they're interesting

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Several of those have been adversaries for her. And Chthon is primarily linked to her. Same with Salem's Seven and Emerald Warlock.
    I think Marvel should just build on what they did in Wanda's solo series. And that includes the whole "aging" thing when she uses her spells. But wasn't that fixed by her mother at the end of that series? I can't remember.

Scarlet Witch it's in her biggest relevance moment and will be part of another movie next year in the other hand she got nothing in the comic side

I don't think it's just against her, like Gurkle said, the Avengers-office hans't care that much about their classic Avengers except for the ones we all know (Thor, Captain America etc)
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 06-08-2021 at 03:54 PM.

I think Marvel should just build on what they did in Wanda's solo series. And that includes the whole "aging" thing when she uses her spells. But wasn't that fixed by her mother at the end of that series? I can't remember.
    I think the aging thing was because her magic was corrupted wasn't it. I don't think she needs a big price on her powers, a lot of marvel characters run around with godlike powers or are smarter than super aliens and no one cares.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Scarlet Witch it's in her biggest relevance moment and will be part of another movie next year in the other hand she got nothing in the comic side

I don't think it's just against her, like Gurkle said, the Avengers-office hans't care that much about their classic Avengers except for the ones we all know (Thor, Captain America etc)
    But those guys have all the interesting powers. More than just punching, flying and beams. I could see if they were trying to build up newer heroes, but Idk if that's the case when guys like cap and Iron man are still around

Yeah, and some villains don't necessarily need to be mega powerful or dangerous, as long as they're interesting
    That's very true. But if stories need whole teams of magic using heroes to take down some big baddies, I expect the villains to be stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I think the aging thing was because her magic was corrupted wasn't it. I don't think she needs a big price on her powers, a lot of marvel characters run around with godlike powers or are smarter than super aliens and no one cares.
    I don't think Wanda needs to suffer brutal costs for creating rings and dog leashes. That's not changing the balance and equilibrium of anything. But it makes it harder for writers to work with magic users like her if she can alter reality by saying a few words. What would be the point of having teams of superheroes then? There would be no tension, drama, and conflict in those stories at all. I think greater feats of magic require greater sacrifices on the parts of the magic users for stories to have weight and stakes.

Ultimate Member

That's very true. But if stories need whole teams of magic using heroes to take down some big baddies, I expect the villains to be stronger.
    I can see that. Bigger teams require biggwe villains, or villains with complicated plans

Extraordinary Member

I don't think Wanda needs to suffer brutal costs for creating rings and dog leashes. That's not changing the balance and equilibrium of anything. But it makes it harder for writers to work with magic users like her if she can alter reality by saying a few words. What would be the point of having teams of superheroes then? There would be no tension, drama, and conflict in those stories at all. I think greater feats of magic require greater sacrifices on the parts of the magic users for stories to have weight and stakes.
    Wanda's powers have always been vaguely defined and change definition with every single writer. I don't think it matters. Power limits are arbitrary and plot-driven, and it's the writer's job to give every character in a team book a chance to use their powers in a creative/useful way, and make up a convincing reason why they can't use their powers to fix everything ("Oh, no, I tried to do X but it didn't work because Y" is the basic formula).

Wanda wasn't a mainstay of the Avengers for decades because she was so powerful (sometimes she was, sometimes she wasn't) but because of things like romance, friendship, struggling to control her powers and learn more about them, etc. Her show understood that; people weren't all that interested in the fact that she could do X new thing that she couldn't before, but her reaction to discovering that she was more powerful than she ever thought.

I don't think any character is ever so powerful that they're unusable, because powers are arbitrary and inconsistent and characters are always less powerful in team books than in solo books. But Wanda's powers have always been arbitrary and inconsistent, so what's keeping her out of comics is not that her power is ill-defined. No one ever knew how her powers worked and she was fine until 2004.
    Last edited by gurkle; 06-08-2021 at 08:34 PM.

I didn't really like the aging thing. And don't care if it's brought back.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.