Page 397 of 537 FirstFirst ... 297347387393394395396397398399400401407447497 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,955 of 8049
  1. #5941
    Beware! Daedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    2,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Neither books really wanted to use her and the only reason the other wants to use her now is to keep beating a dead horse.
    The way she was just written clearly shows they are doing a different thing this time
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

  2. #5942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    The way she was just written clearly shows they are doing a different thing this time
    How? it's essentially the same as what was in Children's Crusade? We have no idea how Mags plans to make it right. And with rumors of her dying, it's probably not gonna work out well.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  3. #5943
    Beware! Daedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    2,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    How? it's essentially the same as what was in Children's Crusade? We have no idea how Mags plans to make it right. And with rumors of her dying, it's probably not gonna work out well.
    Exactly, unless you have real magic powers you can’t predict the future, you know nothing about the upcoming story, All these complaints have little to do with the future, the past is in the past and things won’t change by keeping wanda in limbo.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

  4. #5944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Exactly, unless you have real magic powers you can’t predict the future, you know nothing about the upcoming story, All these complaints have little to do with the future, the past is in the past and things won’t change by keeping wanda in limbo.
    All the complaints have to do with 17 years of treatment of this character. So yeah, there's gonna be some understandable trepidation with trusting things will be different this time.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  5. #5945
    Mighty Member mreddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,377

    Default

    The SWORD scene made me happy but the Trial solicit has me nervous.

  6. #5946
    Extraordinary Member Holt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    But it's the Avengers office that never want to use her, after HoM they pretty washed their hands off her. Even now outside off the MCU Wanda isn't used much in the avengers side.
    Yup. It's weird that after several years of aggressive synergy, Marvel is not really doing anything with several characters who just fronted massively popular streaming shows. You'd think they'd at least have launched a spin-off Avengers book with some of those characters.

  7. #5947
    Beware! Daedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    2,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Yup. It's weird that after several years of aggressive synergy, Marvel is not really doing anything with several characters who just fronted massively popular streaming shows. You'd think they'd at least have launched a spin-off Avengers book with some of those characters.
    It’s like the moment the synergy could benefit wanda in any way they totally stopped pursuing it
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

  8. #5948
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    The SWORD scene made me happy but the Trial solicit has me nervous.
    Same here, I just loved everything from the talk about Anya to them dancing post Gala, I hope marvel is sending a curve ball and someone else is going to die, given Wanda herself will be quite bussy on September fighting Dr Doom and the Darkhold. Also the new solicit just has some strange implications like: If Wanda was killed why would the Avengers go to Krakoa for a memorial? it would make more sense to see a new AvX over this at the very least.

    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-23-2021 at 02:37 PM.
    what is man that you are mindful of him,
    and the son of man that you care for him? Psalm 8

  9. #5949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Same here, I just loved everything from the talk about Anya to them dancing post Gala, I hope marvel is sending a curve ball and someone else is going to die, given Wanda herself will be quite bussy on September fighting Dr Doom and the Darkhold. Also the new solicit just has some strange implications like: If Wanda was killed why would the Avengers go to Krakoa for a memorial? it would make more sense to see a new AvX over this at the very least.

    I think it depends on where in the timeline Darkhold takes place.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  10. #5950
    Extraordinary Member Holt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,623

    Default

    Characters with ties to both the X-Men and Avengers other than Wanda are Quicksilver, Wolverine, Beast, Firestar, Rogue, Havok and more recently Sunspot and Cannonball. Storm also counts to a degree since she frequently shows up in the Black Panther books, but she was only an Avenger for like 5 minutes.

    Now, removing the people from that list who are obviously not gonna be the murder victim (Marvel ain't killing off Storm or Wolverine with any realistic degree of pathos), I suppose someone like Beast , Firestar or Havok would be enough to get the Avengers to come to Krakoa. But the prominent presence of Vision on the cover has me thinking it may be Wanda, even though having her memorial on Krakoa would make no sense.

  11. #5951
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    He'll choose mutant kind over her. She'll probably get killed, put through the crucible. Then we get some other version of Wanda. Not herself but ready and primed to be whatever the x-narrative calls for.
    Yep. I have a feeling she will be deceased for 90% of this story.

  12. #5952
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think it depends on where in the timeline Darkhold takes place.
    Yes but it´s confusing Wanda is supposed to be fighting off Dr Doom, could this be before the Gala? I personally believe it makes more sense for it to be post Gala because that would explain Doom´s sudden wish to adquire more power using the Darkhold and Doom himself is also supposed to be fighting off Dormammu on the Last Anhiliation while Magneto is at his trial, on Inferno, may be possesed in Way of X and maybe have some appareances on SWORD, the timeline is confusing.

    If Wanda is killed by Magneto on the Gala her memorial definitely would not be held at Krakoa and this would bring the confrontation between the Avengers and the X-men to a point of no returning, instead the Avengers are going to Krakoa, where humans are not supposed to go to, for a memmorial. So imo there´s still a possibility something else is going on and the art points to this being a Magneto family event.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-23-2021 at 03:09 PM.
    what is man that you are mindful of him,
    and the son of man that you care for him? Psalm 8

  13. #5953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes but it´s confusing Wanda is supposed to be fighting off Dr Doom, could this be before the Gala? I personally believe it makes more sense for it to be post Gala because that would explain Doom´s sudden wish to adquire more power using the Darkhold and Doom himself is also supposed to be fighting off Dormammu on the Last Anhiliation while Magneto is at his trial, on Inferno, may be possesed in Way of X and maybe have some appareances on SWORD, the timeline is confusing.

    If Wanda is killed by Magneto on the Gala her memorial definitely would not be held at Krakoa and this would bring the confrontation between the Avengers and the X-men to a point of no returning, instead the Avengers are going to Krakoa, where humans are not supposed to go to, for a memmorial. So imo there´s still a possibility something else is going on and the art points to this being a Magneto family event.
    Yeah, I don't know. Because Darkhold was so delayed. The story could be set before or re-written to be after.

    It's definitely a good point that her memorial would not be on Krakoa. I hope it's not Pietro again too. We'll see what happens. I hope you are right.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  14. #5954
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,246

    Default

    Poor Pietro didn´t have any comic appareances since empyre so I don´t think so and while maybe Magneto send him invitations I really doubt he would go so my guess is that he probably will appear at the trial or at least I hope so.
    what is man that you are mindful of him,
    and the son of man that you care for him? Psalm 8

  15. #5955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Poor Pietro didn´t have any comic appareances since empyre so I don´t think so and while maybe Magneto send him invitations I really doubt he would go so my guess is that he probably will appear at the trial or at least I hope so.
    Well technically Wanda hasn't had that many since Empyre either. Just Strange Academy and a few mentions in other things. Just wondering who it could be that would bring the Avengers there. And also seemingly have them fight Magneto.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •