Page 539 of 774 FirstFirst ... 39439489529535536537538539540541542543549589639 ... LastLast
Results 8,071 to 8,085 of 11598

Marvel just loves to fridge Wanda.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    Dark ages gave some hope

then LOL nope

The way I just choked from laughing so hard lmao

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Dark ages gave some hope

then LOL nope

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    The way I just choked from laughing so hard lmao
    2 pages never make a clear story for me, learned my lesson over that LONG Ago.

Honestly the artwork and especially the inking is Amazing I love this heavy style!

Also it is really nice seeing Ben and Susan with Wanda in the same book, been to much time since their last interaction, maybe longer then we realize.

Hope they have time to talk to each other, would love that!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Sometimes I question sense Wanda is a nexus being if she dies in an AU or timeline does it extend/revive her life in the main Earth 616?
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post

I didn't know she already got one before

I can't say enought how much I Adore Our Scarlet Witch Getting Marketing Products like this!

Honestly, IMO when I was growing up when you got a Hotwheel made of a character then you knew that they had reached a level of populatirty to sell and I Loved Hotwheels as a kid, so this means much for me to see this for our Wanda!

The Van looks more cooler then I would have figured, event though it is more BreadTruck Like, it Reminds me of the Scooby Doo Mystery Machine more then anything else and I find that Awesome! Also I love, Love, LOVE the Classic Silver Age Scarlet Witch on the Box, gives me goosbumps of JOY to see!

The other WandaVision Hot Rod it What I Imagine Our WandaVision Scarlet Witch would look like if she was Truly Made into a Car like int he Disney/Pixar Movie Cars Universe and I find that Awesome as well!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Smile

Happy Colour Scarlet Witch!
    by Mdwyer5

https://www.deviantart.com/mdwyer5/a...itch-887885266

Marvel euphemism for killing? Powerful women tend to die a lot like Jean Grey. They are like sacrificial lambs. More likely to make an impact on readers than men?

Characters died less in the past and it wasn’t treated like they were put on the bench. It’s now cheap drama. Considering how dangerous a super-hero’s life is, it was probably unrealistic but I still prefer this way. Comics’ main purpose is to be entertaining not making people grouchy.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Marvel euphemism for killing? Powerful women tend to die a lot like Jean Grey. They are like sacrificial lambs. More likely to make an impact on readers than men?

Characters died less in the past and it wasn’t treated like they were put on the bench. It’s now cheap drama. Considering how dangerous a super-hero’s life is, it was probably unrealistic but I still prefer this way. Comics’ main purpose is to be entertaining not making people grouchy.
    Yeah I think they can do it without killing people off so much for effect. And when they kill off characters for other's motivations, it's worse. When they have no story of their own. Marvel just uses it too much. And I remember them saying a couple years ago they'd do it less. Then they killed off She-Hulk and War Machine.

Yeah I think they can do it without killing people off so much for effect. And when they kill off characters for other's motivations, it's worse. When they have no story of their own. Marvel just uses it too much. And I remember them saying a couple years ago they'd do it less. Then they killed off She-Hulk and War Machine.
    Never take Marvel at their word, I remember them promising no events for 18 months, and had one within 4 months of saying that.

Still in this day and age, there is no excuse for Fridging anyone.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Never take Marvel at their word, I remember them promising no events for 18 months, and had one within 4 months of saying that.

Events are like crack to Marvel, stopping the habit would be like cold turkey for them. It's ridiculous; when you have events every month, often multiple events, they cease to be events. Events should be once a year at most. They have killed alot of narrative arcs fior individual characters.

One of the reasons DareDevil is one of Marvel's best comics is because he is not in most events so his own story gets told without endless interuptions. How can a writer create an arc when they have to keep dropping them to do endless crossovers every 3 or 4 issues?

So...a theory, one I profoundly dislike, has popped into my head a few hours ago.

One theory I have for Wanda's absence from comics may be that the resurrected Wanda will be a reboot with alot of her character development and history erased.

Maybe, she was written like a teenage girl in Sword #6 to help pass off this reboot to readers. To make what they are about to do seem more seamless.

One thing I notice is that in Darkhold and Dark Ages, as well as her sporadic cimic panel appearances, she has her modern costume, whereas in X-Men she has her old costume...makes me suspect it's to set up the blank slate rebooted and mind wiped teen Wanda. The costume is a similar thing to Jean Grey wearing her old costume.
    Last edited by Relugus; 08-06-2021 at 02:57 AM. Reason: Adding things

Dark ages gave some hope

then LOL nope

Yeah...I'll give it one positive. The changes to her costume on the first preview page give a nice update to her Anka design. High-waist pants, sleeves to long gloves, and turning the capelet into more of a cloak look quite nice.

Says a lot when the best thing I'm taking away from this is an artist's mistake as the costume adjusts to the regular design in the next pages.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    Events are like crack to Marvel, stopping the habit would be like cold turkey for them. It's ridiculous; when you have events every month, often multiple events, they cease to be events. Events should be once a year at most. They have killed alot of narrative arcs fior individual characters.

One of the reasons DareDevil is one of Marvel's best comics is because he is not in most events so his own story gets told without endless interuptions. How can a writer create an arc when they have to keep dropping them to do endless crossovers every 3 or 4 issues?

So...a theory, one I profoundly dislike, has popped into my head a few hours ago.

One theory I have for Wanda's absence from comics may be that the resurrected Wanda will be a reboot with alot of her character development and history erased.

Maybe, she was written like a teenage girl in Sword #6 to help pass off this reboot to readers. To make what they are about to do seem more seamless.

One thing I notice is that in Darkhold and Dark Ages, as well as her sporadic cimic panel appearances, she has her modern costume, whereas in X-Men she has her old costume...makes me suspect it's to set up the blank slate rebooted and mind wiped teen Wanda. The costume is a similar thing to Jean Grey wearing her old costume.
    I just think they are ignoring her for the heck of it.
    Any major change will definitely be in regards to her mutant heritage.And the old costume is more iconic and I doubt X-office cares about that inconsistency.

Here's hoping Darkhold is good.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post

Oh I'm not saying I do. Just that I find it amusing. The 180 was almost immediately.

It's one of the reasons I do not trust Marvel. And am not counting on them suddenly fixing things. I think they like it this way.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 08-06-2021 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post

I am not confident like others that they put her in this event to fix her or retcon her, or establish anything with her.

She's there only to make the story of Krakoa develop in the direction that they want it. Even the interviews about this event are Magneto and Krakoa focused.

We can't trust anything Marvel bosses say. At least Dark Ages is a AU event like Dceased. Tom Taylor really like to kill some in these kind of events, so I basically had no reaction when I saw the panel with Wanda dying.