Page 347 of 774 FirstFirst ... 247297337343344345346347348349350351357397447 ... LastLast
Results 5,191 to 5,205 of 11598
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't think that would be a thing since she closes it upon hearing their voices.

They could always make the book do things it typically did not. It's a different universe. It has different lore for sure.
    Ok. I'm not very familiar with the Darkhold or everything it can do.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Ok. I'm not very familiar with the Darkhold or everything it can do.
    It is a tome of arcane knowledge scribed by the primeval god Chthon at the dawn of history.

It gives the user access to the darkest of dark magic, including chaos magic… for a price.

It can be used to summon Chthon to the Earthly plane, but with some difficulty depending on the strength of magical barriers protecting Earth.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    It is a tome of arcane knowledge scribed by the primeval god Chthon at the dawn of history.

It gives the user access to the darkest of dark magic, including chaos magic… for a price.

It can be used to summon Chthon to the Earthly plane, but with some difficulty depending on the strength of magical barriers protecting Earth.
    Ok. I know of it, but Idk all of its capabilities

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Ok. I know of it, but Idk all of its capabilities
    Those were just what I remembered off the top of my head. We're talking about the comics version, right? Anyway Dr. Strange used the Montesi Formula in the Darkhold to destroy all vampires (during a battle with Dracula himself); but the spell was undone years later. Morgan le Fay together with her cultists used it to summon Chthon centuries ago but ended up banishing him when she could not control him (as if she could).
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

In addition, there is also the Montesi Formulae for the destruction of Vampires in it too, I believe. But I always found that odd that there would be a spell to destroy them rather than to create them and make havoc.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 05-25-2021 at 06:07 AM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Ultimate Member

Those were just what I remembered off the top of my head. We're talking about the comics version, right? Anyway Dr. Strange used the Montesi Formula in the Darkhold to destroy all vampires (during a battle with Dracula himself); but the spell was undone years later. Morgan le Fay together with her cultists used it to summon Chthon centuries ago but ended up banishing him when she could not control him (as if she could).
    Might help against Dracula if he shows up in MCU, or Morbius if possible

Fortnite's next campaign is called Reality Zero and is teasing Monica Rambeau. So Wanda might be in it. Might have to wait a couple months to find out for sure. The campaign before it has to do with aliens and probably has Samus Aran. So maybe after that.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

With all the recent talk on Superhero Costumes and Their Practicality, their was this video that I saw recently that made me Want to share it here with the thread to include its thoughts. I don’t think it might have much to do with Wanda’s looks or reasonings behind them, but still might get some points out of it to for her and especially costumes in comics in general!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    In addition, there is also the Montesi Formulae for the destruction of Vampires in it too, I believe. But I always found that odd that there would be a spell to destroy them rather than to create them and make havoc.
    I was just going to say or ask, what is the 'in-story' reason for this or theories or retcons. Would Chton or his stakeholders fear the rule of Vampires seems logical. Since in the MCU, at least, there are prophecies about things (Scarlet Witch)

then maybe there is/was a prophecy about Vampires, Dracula needing to be checked.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    With all the recent talk on Superhero Costumes and Their Practicality, their was this video that I saw recently that made me Want to share it here with the thread to include its thoughts. I don’t think it might have much to do with Wanda’s looks or reasonings behind them, but still might get some points out of it to for her and especially costumes in comics in general!

Yeah considering he's addressing characters with super durability or invulnerability, it doesn't have much to do with Wanda. Because while she qualifies for having a lot of power, she can be knocked out fairly easily in comparison.

A lot of superhero costumes early on were based on old school wrestlers and carnival acts. So that's why they have the underwear look. But a lot of those look really dated now.

So they've modernized a lot of them to be practical or marketable. And change costumes frequently for future marketing.

For women it was likely what they found attractive or sexy and then decided objectifying women wasn't right, so changed a lot of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I was just going to say or ask, what is the 'in-story' reason for this or theories or retcons. Would Chton or his stakeholders fear the rule of Vampires seems logical. Since in the MCU, at least, there are prophecies about things (Scarlet Witch)

then maybe there is/was a prophecy about Vampires, Dracula needing to be checked.
    I do not know. Maybe they put the spell in there because the book is usually seen as "bad" and to so many, so are Vampires, creating Vampires, etc. Me, I love Vampires!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Vampires are products of Darkhold magic, I think it's just the general rule of "the power to make can also unmake".
    So it actually makes sense Darkhold contains the knowledge to destroy vampires just like it creates them.

Extraordinary Member

Also it's kinda interesting that Vampire is more or less an unexpected result of Atlantean sorcerers studying Darkhold seeking immortality, instead of purposeful creations by Chthon himself.(Unlike N'Garai and wolf-men.)
    The Montesi Formula is named after the monk who discovered it, it could very well be a unrelated spell not really meant to specifically kill vampires, but can be used that way. Just like how Darkhold creating Vampires in the first place.(Since I really doubt the Darkholders back then will want to be vampires speficifically.)

So there are two variant covers from Artgerm and one from Mark Brook listed for the Magneto Trial comic

People speculating again that it could be Wanda but i think those covers will end up just being Strange Academy variants

We'll see but it's no new ground regardless. Because she will likely not be in the pages themselves.