Page 318 of 774 FirstFirst ... 218268308314315316317318319320321322328368418 ... LastLast
Results 4,756 to 4,770 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    I think it is the new x-men fans that are guilty. I don't een understand the hate when the big names and popular chaarcters werent affected

I don't see muh hate from older fans. They seem to understand more how comics works

Now I have a question about disassembled. Steve rogers and Wanda had a affair out it was just his imagination?
    It wasn't an affair. Steve and Wanda (briefly) became an item during Priest's Captain America and Falcon run; however following the events of Dissembled Cap wasn't sure if his feelings for Wanda were genuine or did Wanda mess with them as part of Disassembled. This idea of Wanda and Steve having a relationship does factor into a What If? about Disassembled
    Last edited by leokearon; 05-03-2021 at 09:48 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Female role model/big sister type. I forgot that Sue and Jan started out pretty young. So they could just be friends. I imagine Wanda didn't have many friends when she was with the Brotherhood.
    Oh, Sue is boring IMO, so idk what Wanda could learn from her. But Wanda and Jan are friends

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    It's a figure of speech my guy.
    Ik. I was just making a jab at the snyderverse

Once Wanda had joined the Avengers, it would have been nice if she and Jean would have become friends. But then later on Mags came in and spirited the Twins away and they fought the X-Men again.

It also would have been nice if Jan and Natasha had stuck around a bit more early on so that Wanda would have had stronger bonds with these 2 ladies and also would have had female friends.

Switching gears, it would be interesting to see Wanda go up against the Enchantress, her rival from the early Avengers days. I think Amora would be quite surprised at Wanda can do today!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    It wasn't an affair. Steve and Wanda (briefly) became an item during Priest's Captain America and Falcon run; however following the events of Dissembled Cap wasn't sure if his feelings for Wanda were genuine or did Wanda mess with them as part of Disassembled. This idea of Wanda and Steve having a relationship does factor into a What If? about Disassembled
    It was weird, that they slept together and then on the next day he went to talk with her and she was like "why are you talking with me like this?" like if she never have been romantic with Steve.
    So it was 1. she forgot or 2. it was a illusion.

Extraordinary Member

To explain further, Priest has said that he originally got editorial's permission to have a romance between Steve and Wanda be part of his "Captain America and the Falcon" book. Then they decided to use Wanda for "Avengers Disassembled" and that made a mess of his plans, so the final product is sort of unclear on whether they're actually having a romance or this is just her messing with his head.

Then the editors decided to have Ed Brubaker's book be the sole Captain America book and asked Priest to write just a "Falcon" solo book. That was the last straw for him (since he was tired of only being asked to write Black characters) and he left Marvel and didn't come back for a long time.

Ultimate Member

Why would he do a romance between those two

Extraordinary Member

Well, now we know why it seemed like the commercials in "WandaVision" seemed like Mephisto or some other outside force was making them: they were supposed to be Doctor Strange trying to reach Wanda from outside.

Probably just as well that it didn't happen, because it was better for Agatha to be Wanda's sole mentor (even if they made her a villainous one). But the commercials really don't make sense if we think of them as coming from Wanda, especially the "Yo Magic" one, which is warning her about something she doesn't even know about.

The show left a lot of plot holes, and they can't all be blamed on COVID.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    To explain further, Priest has said that he originally got editorial's permission to have a romance between Steve and Wanda be part of his "Captain America and the Falcon" book. Then they decided to use Wanda for "Avengers Disassembled" and that made a mess of his plans, so the final product is sort of unclear on whether they're actually having a romance or this is just her messing with his head.

Then the editors decided to have Ed Brubaker's book be the sole Captain America book and asked Priest to write just a "Falcon" solo book. That was the last straw for him (since he was tired of only being asked to write Black characters) and he left Marvel and didn't come back for a long time.
    Exactly what I thought to be editorial messing up. It was very open end and nobody revisited it again.

Brubaker Captain America was great but it was unfair for Priest have to take Falcon book. He was right to ark a line on the sand.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Why would he do a romance between those two
    He mentioned Wanda had a crush on Cap and decided to pay it off.

Ultimate Member

He mentioned Wanda had a crush on Cap and decided to pay it off.
    Seems like a bad idea to me.

It's new territory for the characters. I could see the appeal of exploring it. Disassembled derailed it so I don't know how far it would've gotten.

Doesn't look so bad, at least there is some base on that. I think that it could be better than her with Wonder Man

Nrama: This issue references the mutants affected by House of M, even name-dropping Scarlet Witch. Will Scarlet Witch play a bigger role in your series?

Way of X

(Image credit: Giuseppe Camuncoli (Marvel Comics))
    Spurrier: On this, I must be circumspect. I cannot speak to future plans, except to say: the X-office is all-knowing and all-cohesive, and nothing happens by accident.

Also, to say, just because there's a pernicious bogeyman culture growing up among Krakoan mutants around Wanda, that doesn't mean a) the X writers agree it's right or b) even all mutants agree it's right.

We're dealing with newly-formed civilizations here. One of the sad realities is that the systems of communal control tend to be reductive. Those first upshootings of culture will often divide people into Us and Them. That's a gross reality you're going to find at literally every stage in recorded history.

If you're a young mutant on Krakoa, listening to the tales of Those In Power, you're absolutely going to believe Wanda is some sort of archdevil, irrespective of all mitigating factors. We the readers and we the writers have a far more nuanced take, but the drama of the story comes from these very human prejudices.

Prejudices which should, naturally, be challenged. That's one the primary responsibilities of fiction, isn't it? So: watch this space.

seems more of the same, no new info if she will show up or not. My bet that it is just a shallow discussion about it and that is it
    Last edited by Rang10; 05-03-2021 at 04:03 PM.

Ultimate Member

It's new territory for the characters. I could see the appeal of exploring it. Disassembled derailed it so I don't know how far it would've gotten.
    Doesn't look so bad, at least there is some base on that. I think that it could be better than her with Wonder Man
    Maybe it's just me but I don't need to see them try to be a couple after being friends for decades, when we all know it won't last anyway. IMO the characters come off as desperate when they act like that

seems more of the same, no new info if she will show up or not. My bet that it is just a shallow discussion about it and that is it
    There is a story called the Trial happening in the summer. It could be about her.

I do hope she pops up in Way of X. Kurt calling her the pretender feels too cruel for him. He should be interested in why Krakoa needs a boogeyman.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-03-2021 at 04:18 PM.